[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FREE BLOWJOBS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1420683566990.jpg (157 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1420683566990.jpg
157 KB, 640x1136
Is there a way to build a full leg day without using any machines? Only barbell + weight?
Obviously squats are in it but what else?
I has to be ONE leg day, i dont want to squats multiple times over the week.
>>
sorry misstyped the title i wanted to write: "leg day without machines"
>>
lunges
>>
>I don't want to train my lower body twice a week
Kill yourself, weak faggot.
>>
>>36432393
rdl's for hamstrings
>>
>training a bodypart 1 time per week
>making it
pick one
>>
>leg day
>only one a week
why don't you want to be strong op
>>
2 leg days a week are best leg days, but here's what I use when I don't use machines at the gym:

Kettlebell thrusts
Kettlebell swings
High bar squats
weighted dumbbell lunges
Jump rope
elastic band steam boats (works ass, glute med/minimus, and adductors)
>>
>>36432393
>i dont want to squats multiple times over the week.
Basic bitch.
>>
>>36432578
>2 leg days a week
>deadlift on different days
>>
>>36432393
Lunges, stair jumps, different squat variations, Romanian deadlift, box jumps etc etc
>>
>>36432620

Normally I'll deadlift on back day, but I play soccer, and if I'm not careful my games will run right into sore-town, and I try to balance my lower half being sore with being able to sprint for an hour.

There's a lot of reasons why it's totally fine to DL and do legs on different days. I'm a recovering office-fat, which means that I get more out of my sessions by having a rotating Push/Pull/Legs training plan.
>>
no shame op i do the same, legs once and the rest twice.
>>
Casual
>>
>>36432393
Back squat, front squat, deadlift, stiff-legged deadlift.
If that's not enough, add high step-ups or lunges or split squats.
>>
>>36432520
>i lift to impress other males in internet forums

pretty sure im stronger than you in any lift others than squats
>>
>>36432520
>>36432523
>>36432557
>>36432600

i can imagine how you guys look.

14-15 inch arms, less than 2 plate bench for reps but huge legs and ass, am i right?
I dont lift to impress internet warriors, i lift to look great and feel good.
>>
>I don't want to squat multiple times over the week
Why if your goal is to develop your legs? Why do you have to purposely ignore the best and obvious solution for "muh only one leg day"?
>>
>>36433606
My goal is to keep the legs big enough to not look ridicolously small in comparison to the rest of the body.
My upper body is a lot more important for me tho.
>>
>>36432393
Squats, lunges, standing calf raises with your toes on a board (or similar) with a barbell (think high-bar squat position), RDLs
>>
>>36433371

training a body part once a week is a meme. you are far better off doing a program with increased frequency: an upper/lower, PPL or PP.
>>
File: le meme amphibian.jpg (9 KB, 267x181) Image search: [Google]
le meme amphibian.jpg
9 KB, 267x181
>>36432393
Opened your pic and moonlight sonata came on. Shit like this has been happening every day recently.

Stop fucking with me God
>>
Don't know about OP but I'm trying to do PPLxPPLxx. Any suggestions on a full leg day with barbell/dumbells only? I'm thinking front squat, back squat, calf raises, lunges.
>>
>>36433955
RDLs are great for hamsting development, definitely add them in if you don't have them or regular deadlifts on your Pull day.
>>
>>36433955
How long have you been doing it? I tried that for about 2 months. I always ended up missing days and having to make it up on off days etc etc. I travel a lot with work, mostly on weekends. PPL upper lower and weekends off is my thing. I did a bro split (chest shoulders back legs arms off weekends) for a year when i first started, so i got spoiled to weekends off.
>>
>>36434042
I do deadlifts on my pull days.
>>36434053
Only been on it for a three months or so now. I enjoy the solitude of lifting so the time is less of an issue for me.
>>
>>36432521
do you guys manage to do RDLs without being sore as fuck after? the only time i ever get doms is if i do RDLs, and my hamstrings are seriously sore for almost a whole week. i did this for a month and they were sore the whole time until i gave up.
>>
>>36432393
....this isnt legal, is it
>>
>>36432393
Squats, deadlifts, hip thrusts. The end.
>>
>>36433633
upper body more important for you than having a stronk pair of legs,since ,after all,you play soccer and wish to perform as well as you possibly can in said sport?

What!?

How does this make any sense?
>>
>>36436129
Nah, they pretty much go sore if you keep the frequency low regardless of weight.

So; more RDL for the win! do then 2-3-4-5-6 times a week and voila, you stop being sore and start being swole.
>>
File: Malk.jpg (13 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
Malk.jpg
13 KB, 257x196
I don't know what you call them but on leg day I take one of the jump boxes (16") and step up and back down with 2 50lb dumblells. I like it because it seems to be less room for error then lunges (i tend to over extend) plus i can do a shrug while I'm up there
>>
>>36432438
Tippity toppety kek
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.