[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else feel like /fit/ has really fucked with their whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1437241644445.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1437241644445.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Anybody else feel like /fit/ has really fucked with their whole world view?
>>
>getting persuaded from tranny feminine penis lovers
>fucking kek'd
>>
>>36430197
It's hard not to when I browse most days. I'm constantly concerned with aethestics in an unhealthy way and my power level is beginning to bleed into my conversations with normies.
>>
>>36430189

i dont think its just /fit/. It's the internet in general. It's slowly but surely ruining peoples social lives and grasp of reality. I've heard stories from parents that their kids are too scared to even talk on the phone nowadays. If i ever have kids they will not be social media whores and sit on the computer all day.
>>
>>36430189
>letting your world view be this influenced by a Burundian trauma coping breakdance forum
>>
>>36430221
>scared to talk on the phone

This is me. How is the internet responsible? I always thought I was just a spaz.
>>
>>36430240
Lots of people are scared to talk on the phone, esp. introverts. It has been like that way before the internet. People are worse socially though nowadays, but phone talks are the least of it.
>>
>>36430240

kids nowadays are raised on fucking social media and apps. All they do is stare at their phone and read text. Overtime it develops bad social skills. I'm sure some of it may be genetics as well. You might just not be the greatest speaker in the world but research has proven teen health is negatively affected by social technology. When it's time to be out in the real world they're all fucked up.

When I was in high school myspace was the cool thing. I just missed growing up around facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, etc etc. I was in 11th grade when the first iphone came out. I try to only go on here at night before i sleep just to kill time if im not tired. Point is, theres a much greater chance your kids won't become hardcore autists if you keep them away from the computer all day. Limit that shit for just homework or if they're studying or whatever.
>>
Not really, I got fit before I started coming to /fit/ I honestly think a lot of the stuff I read here is pretty fucking dumb.
>>
>>36430286
Not being worried about being a
>manlet
>facelet
>baldlet
>beardlet

I envy you.
>>
>>36430300
Step outside fit once in a while man, you're taking advice on what's attractive from people who mostly have had no luck themselves. I just come here to get pointers in CBT threads and to help people who I feel qualified to help, the rest of it is garbage.
>>
File: 1427554443442.png (110 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1427554443442.png
110 KB, 500x358
>>36430273
>parents always tried to limit my time on games and the internet
>never listened and found ways to spend all day on the PC
>now i'm a sperg shitposting on a burmese tapestry board

if i could swap those thousands of wasted hours for physical activity or something useful i would, i got absolutely nothing from using them to play games
>>
>>36430401
I learned perfect english from vidya..

I guess there's not much in it for you if you're a native, though.
>>
>>36430240
It is a factor, you are not forced to encounter such social situations with the invention of fast text messages.

I remember that when I was a kid, I was scared to go shopping because then I would have had to talk at the cashier, even if its just giving money and thats it.
>>
>>36430189
Yeah, as soon as people started taking a liking to me after I started lifting, I started getting depressed. I still hate people as much as I ever did, but that's because I can see them for what they are. Only one person's stuck and they're only around temporarily.

Maybe it's just because my birthday's coming up and, other than the fact that I started lifting a few months back, I'm the same worthless fuck that I was 4 years ago.
>>
>tfw all women have shit bodies

I mean at least if they would do cardio I'm not asking much
>>
>>36430401
this is me my dad use to set internet times ie i can only connect to the internet for 3 hours a day at a specific time. i usually just found ways around it like preloading videos etc etc
>>
>>36430189
The world haa always been a piece of shit.
If anything 4chan proves how bad it gets when youre a failure in life and society
>>
influenced maybe, but not fucked up

it did help me realize how many men are unnecessarily insecure about their height

which is kind of insane when you compare it to how women are insecure about their weight

/fit/'s "average" standard is actually above average, but nobody will take it from me, now will they
>>
>>36430937

lol, no

more like when you're completely anonymous

assuming that everyone is a "failure in life and society" is just you projecting your insecurities, breh
>>
>>36430286
Most of the stuff here is just entertaining.
I started getting fit while on fit, then realised no one here knew what they were talking about, so I got a pro coach which confirmed that no one here knows what they're talking about because the way she (yes, she) trains me and does my diet plan is totally nothing like fit's conventional wisdom. I've made way more progress with a coach.

Fit is just entertainment now.
>>
>>36430984
Did i say everyone? Why are you so butthurt? Projecting much?
4chan has a large amount of failures and neets. You wouldnt be here if youre life is so awesome and swell
>>
>>36431051
>need to pay a coach for gains
>calling everyone else a retard
>>
File: 1457945907925.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1457945907925.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
Well thanks to /fit/ I'm not fat anymore, but I'm a little bit self conscious about being 5'9 even tho it's average. I never cared about that before.
>>
>>36430221
>implying most cancer memes today aren't from /fit/ or /pol/
Go to a German gym, everyone will be talking about manlets, gains and squats.
>>
>>36431051

>he couldn't make gains with /fit/ advice

Lol u
>>
>>36431106

i am here because my life is pretty decent, but no, not exactly awesome and swell

i get bored sometimes
>>
>>36430379
lrn2psychology. If you hear something all the time, you'll believe it.
>>
>>36430937
t: Autysmal virgin
>>
Nah, I don't take a single word seriously from you insecure basement dwellers
>>
>>36431187
This
>>
If anything, it corrected my world view. I used to think fat people were victims of the roll of the dice

Needless to say I used to think my fat rolls were not directly in link with my eating pattern

Its hard to imagine if you have the knowledge, but if your oblivious to this it's honestly not so easy to see

Come to think about it, /fit/ may have actually saved my life.
>>
>>36430189
not going to lie, but this whole website fucked with my world view for a while.

I stepped away for a few months and realized that nobody who matters gives a fuck about 4chan. I've turned into a normie that comes for the pepe memes.
>>
Random hypochondriac threads on /fit/ made me check up on some symptoms I had, effectively saving me from kidney failure.

/fit/ also turned me vegan for some reason.
>>
I dunno, I have noticed that when I started browsing /fit/ regularly I started calling strangers in traffic niggers and faggots regardless of their ethnicity or apparent sexual orientation about 1000x more often than I used to.
>>
>>36430189

made me insecure, indirectly making me train harder I guess

so it isnt all bad

also i'd say the average person annoys me now cause I think they are retards like on /fit/
>>
File: 1457734857170.jpg (7 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1457734857170.jpg
7 KB, 409x409
No, but /pol/ did.

Fuck that place. It made me be 24/7 depressed
>>
>>36430423
Sale here. Vidya and subbed movies
>>
As weird as it may sound, /fit/ has made my perception on reality better in some ways. After browsing for a few years I am now use a pretty harsh critique of myself. However, I still keep in mind that I'm holding myself to a standard that 95% of people (that may be conservative) actually don't care about. /fit/ has inspired (or mentally warped me) to be forever pursuing a healthier and more strong version of myself. Just gotta keep things in perspective.
>>
File: 321234243.png (446 KB, 439x749) Image search: [Google]
321234243.png
446 KB, 439x749
it made me more aware of bad posture in movies and shows
>>
File: 1439738821921.jpg (42 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1439738821921.jpg
42 KB, 407x405
>>36430240
because in conversations via text you have time to think, and after a while you start thinking different, but if someone expects an answer withing a second youre not used to it and it creates stress.
>>
>>36431746

Failed to proofread this post. Overlook the numerous errors please.
>>
>>36430189
Is 'microagression' just an example of demanding action on the smallest possible concern?
>>
>>36430189
How is that gif's loop so seamless. wtf
>>
>>36430423
there. learned english from games, czech from watching series, now I'm onto german. fuck any fool claiming its a waste of time
>>
>>36431130
yeah same here, fell for the manlet meme is bad.
Heck, there's this guy in my gym: well builded body, corret form of excercises, and very nice too, but I don't talk to him because he's 5'6 and I caught myself thinking unironically "lol manlet, when will they learn"
I really should stop doing this
>>
Report frogposters.
>>
Manlet stuff really gets to me, I'm 5'7" and I have actually overhead women talking about how "blah blah he was great in so many ways but he was so short *giggle*" and it really fucks with me. I tried to pretend it was just immaturity until I encountered a guy at a party who was a few inches shorter than me. He was the certain of attention, a funny and personable guy who looked decent, but I still thought I was better than him because I had a few inches on him. Know I don't even care that people probably think less of me, I deserve it.
>>
>>36430221
I was scared to talk on the phone before internet was even a thing and I wasn't the only one, this isn't new.
>>
>>36430221
>too scared to even talk on the phone nowadays
I've always been like that, even with my friends.
>....
>....
>Anon you don't like talking on the phone, do you
>N-no, not really
>>
>>36430189
You just have to take it with a grain of salt man. There is some decent advice here just don't fall for memes
>>
I feel warier around obese people/people with poor eating habits.

It's not like I encourage them to be healthy but I just think "you're the one doing this to yourself" or "they'd look really nice if they dropped 100 pounds"
>>
>>36432092
For me manlet hate is justified in my experience.
My co worker is like 5"5'. He works hard but everyone still gives him shit for his height and he is the only guy with no gf.
Then in my company all the bosses are 6ft+ except for one guy who is sort of average but he works the hardest. The past few years our company has been succesfully changing its image and literally every idea is from that manlet guy. Meanwhile the other bosses just fuck around
>>
>>36430189
Only thing /fit/ has changed is that now I hate when people compliment someone who looks like shit. Guys flexing fatceps to the awe of normies is specially annoying.
>>
no ive always hated manlets more than just about anything in the world
>>
>>36431051
>she
>>
>>36431139
German here, this is bullshit. At least where I live (Hamburg). Everyone is a retarded curlbro or cardiobunny, although there are some exceptions.
>>
>>36431759
Holy lordosis batman
>>
>>36432092

similarly made me aware of height
5'10" here so meh / all good tier (non mental illness edition)
made me inspect my relationships with others, observed a vein of patronage toward those shorter, and slight antagonism towards those taller.
very subtle but it seemed to bear out when i really thought about it.
non fit tall friends i have are great because they tend to follow my commands, often winning me sweet mires of primal wonder
then one time a tall friend swung me around when we were both a little drunk
'playfully' - he was sore the girl he wanted had made a beeline for me
i was still taller than all the girls (it was me and him and 4 or 5 girls) and he was 6'4"... so he swinging me about was obvious where it came from
you just smile and it ain't no thing
basically he just looked like a tall weirdo
it's not always great being tall
other 6'4" friend is convinced his tall is freak tier btw
>>
>>36431646
This is me.
>>
>>36431646
This, also its made me realize most girls are extremely self centered and manipulating, and that unless things are handed to them very rarely will they put in the effort, as far as lifting goes at least

I have learned how to control my aspie rage when I have heard girls talk about genetics or that guys have it easier than girls, the fuck Noone gives a fuck what I say or do but if you are an average looking girl you will have multiple beta orbiters doting on your every word

All in all I say I've broken even with having my eyes opened and my mind poisoned by the manlet meme
>>
>>36434210
>girls are extremely self centered and manipulating
so they are like the average /fit/izen then?
>>
>>36434265
Just about yes, before the Chan I saw girls as more innocent than they are, now I see they are just the same as guys but with tits estrogen and lol no gains

I win
>>
>>36434302
>I win
You have tits?
>>
>>36434265
kek
>>
>>36434310
If by tits you mean juicy gyno then no
>>
>>36430189
I have a pessimistic view of women and always compare myself physcily to other men because of 4chan and fit
>>
>>36434674
Truth
>>
>>36430189

>trying to blame the internet on your autism
>>
>>36436177
Nice syntax bro
>>
It's made me aware of other people's height compared to mine every place I go, whenever I stand near someone who is even slightly taller I automatically get upset and vice versa.
I've always been aware of height superiority but /fit/ has brought my level of awareness to it to really unhealthy ones
>>
>>36434674

Yup. I automatically think im superior than other, even though im just 5'11". ( Or the other way round if the guy has a better physique).

But i must admit that i noticed that i gain respect by others, without saying a single word. So im not the only one thinking that way, other people do too. Exspecially now where being fit and lifting is hyped as fuck alllll over the world.
Seriously its a really big thing now.

Many years ago i used to be a sponge for bullys, now every fuccboi and fit guy in my gym kinda respects me and i could probably hang out with them if i wanted to. I still have 10% autism in me, so i ignore everyone and everything until i reach my final form and acquire super sayjin status and can get into action with 100% power.

https://www.instagram.com/p/84Jun5QNCT/
>>
>>36430203
get a life loser.
>>
>>36430189
I guess I was pretty fucked form the get go, 4chins is pretty much just amplifying it

I think about suicide about 4 times a week now
>>
>>36430189
I just find myself feeling way more aggressive towards fatties.

This site as a whole has desensitized me to a whole lot of what is taboo irl.
>>
I came back to /fit/ after a 4chan break of a few years. It was the same old shit so /fit/ didn't change me at all, but being away from 4chan made me realize how biased and negative this whole place is and how it affects your life negatively when you spend more time on here than interacting with people in real life. Like when I'm in an uncomfortable situation I start shit talking people to make myself feel better and that's so stupid and pathetic to other people but that's basically what everyone here does.
>>
>>36431148
That would be why I suggested leaving /fit/ once in a while and getting some perspective.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.