[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to increase my bench press?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 470x313
How to increase my bench press?
>>
put more plates in the bar
>>
Squats
>>
bench more, increase volume over a period of time, eat at a surplus, get enough sleep

also do squats
>>
>>36428808
Get on a steroid cycle.
>>
Pick it up and put it down
>>
>>36428808
I've been playing around my routine with increased rep ranges for a month and deloading, at week 2 I start adding push press or dB incline/decline movements as accessories so I fatigue. Then I move to a 3x6 BP with a plate and slowly increase every week with 10 pounds till I hit a plateau of 2.5 plates for a month. Rinse and repeat. Seen gains so far for 3.5 years doing this consistently, but my chest is lacking
>>
>>36428808
Post routine and meal plan. When we can help you.
>>
>>36428808
Try inclined bench / dumbbell to get over a plateau
>>
Don't decline bench. Always do it.
>>
Form and a better mind muscle connection. For the longest time I had a plateau at 1plate. I know I'm still a weak fag, but instead of thinking of just pushing the bar up, I've started to think about moving my elbows toward my nipples, and bending the bar away from me at my wrists. I have overdeveloped triceps compared to my pecs, and this seems to help me a lot.
>>
>>36428808

Use both of your arms.
>>
Don't forget to train your tris, it helped me a lot
>>
Spoto Press
>>
>>36428808
work tris seperately rip has a vid on good lying tri extensions
>>
>>36428808
I plateaued early on my bench, trying with everything to just add more weight and never could. Even on my bulk, I hardly improved. I pretty much gave up on the barbell briefly and focused on upping my gains through dumbbells and yes, even with an isolation, incline bench machine. I also added dumbbell benching with a twist at the top (turning wrists towards me at the top of the press). I did other things like cable crossovers, pec dec, and chest pullovers.

When I went back to the barbell bench, I had drastically upped my weight and now continue to slowly build my max as normal.

Everyone puts so much emphasis on the bench press itself, but sometimes it takes some of these other "accessory" exercises to help you push through the wall you've hit on the main exercise. Worked for me, that's all I can say.
>>
More volume and isolations for weak parts, try to figure out what it is that is lacking behind.
>>
>roiding for this
>>
>>36430058
am doing this currently for the same reason
hope it works
thanks breh
>>
Floor presses on the Smyth machine or Pin Pushes.
>>
>bench more often
>add more sets at lower weight
>dips/lying triceps extensions/flyes/etc
>get a spotter
>>
File: 1434221597223.jpg (32 KB, 491x404) Image search: [Google]
1434221597223.jpg
32 KB, 491x404
>this thread
>>
I heard steroids are good
>>
Arch more
>>
>>36430009
pretty much this, and one and a half rep sets and tri strengthening.
>>
>All the people ITT who thinks there exists a silver bullet
Be consistent with your training, work on your technique and try to make every rep perfect. Don't make every session a hard one, accept that your body needs lighter sessions to recover. Train your shoulders and back a lot to avoid muscular imbalances. Finally don't fall for the "Add 20kgs to your bench in 6 weeks with this weird trick!" meme routines.
>>
>>36431152
Quit spamming your worthless norsefit shit
>>
>>36431152
>How do I increase my bench?
>Don't skip your bench! Also here is a link to my blog, pls respond
>>
>>36429993
This

Dips a lot.
Then weighted dips
>>
Pause reps.
>>
>>36428808
Bench press is 75% triceps, so train triceps.
>>
>>36431611
And also train your lats for better stabilization and also your shoulders, because they are involved in pressing too
>>
>>36433678
True, I've plateaued at 110kg for months and then ohp a lot.

Last week I benched 130kg
>>
>>36428808
focus on strengthening your shoulders and triceps

also take time off from barbell flat and incline bench and move to dumbell. it'll help you learn to control the weight with proper form and it'll also let you know how well your shoulders can handle what you're trying to press
>>
>>36433678
this...

i have weak lats and it makes my bench bar tilt side to side when i go heavy

should i do back 2x a week and chest only 1x to fix that or what?
>>
>>36435743
Train chinups/pullups once per week and each week force you to do +1 total reps.

Start 3xF then add one more overall rep each week, at least.

When you can do sets of 15, or reach 50 total reps, start weighting them and start again.
>>
>>36428808

I do DB chest flies after I bench for ten sets of ten(drop 1 per set). It helped me a lot.
>>
>>36428808
bench press, press, floor press, dips, triceps extensions, pec fly, and proper bench press form. Leg drive too.
>>
File: 1457813936123.png (947 KB, 474x503) Image search: [Google]
1457813936123.png
947 KB, 474x503
>>36436134
This here, also increase volume a shit ton, russian oly team benches like 7-9 times a week
>>
>>36436162
Russian oly team is swimming in chemicals too.
>>
Increase volume, frequency, or bodyweight. do all 3 for gains everywhere

dont shy away from hitting accessories hard, build up those pecs/shoulders/tris with tons of volume and profit
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.