[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extra skin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
I'm 6 foot, I was 225 for the last few years. I'm down to 193 after a 2 months of working out. When I get down to about 165 am I going to have extra skin?
>>
>>36419637
Probably not.
>>
>>36419637
u wont get extra skin like picture related. Man from the pic had to be whale before fast cut(fast for the amount of fat he lost), but ofc u gonna have some extra skin. ive heard that "if extra skin wont 'vanish' after year/1,5 y, u need to go to the doctor. everything requires time
>>
>>36419637

that guy was probably 400+ lbs

I was 250 at 5'9 and I only have a little loose skin now at 155lbs
>>
>>36419637
no fattie, it's not like you were 450lbs. stop looking for excuses to give up
>>
>>36419637

>5'11 295 to 140

For me it was mostly just scar tissue that has faded now. No extra skin.
>>
I was 6'4" 339 lbs, down 55 lbs in 3 months and still losing fast. The writing is on the wall for me that I might look something like OP's pic.

Don't give a fuck, already saving for surgery... tired of being Jupiter.
>>
>>36422136

I know that feel, brah.

>430 down to 287

See you on the other side.
>>
maybe a bit, depends on your genes.
going from 240 -> 150 at 5'10 rekt me pretty good
>>
>>36422136
You were Neptune at most.
>>
This stuff always scared me but I always forgot to ask.

Thanks for making this thread, OP. We'll make it. Unless one of us (or both) die in the process.
>>
>>36422183

It also depends on how long you've been fat. If you've been fat since child you're kind of fucked.
>>
>>36422136
How do you even get this fat? Please say something besides depression
>>
>>36422204
I was always skinnyfat, never had abs since i was 12, went from a very physical job to a job I literally just sit inside a machine all day, never adjusted my calories, fast foward 5 years.

No depression, never molested as a kid, not poor, good job, healthy relationship. But I do enjoy greasy foods. no one's fault but my own, but I'm fixing it.
>>
I lost 55lbs in about 2 years with zero loose skin. You're going to be fine.
>>
>>36422204
If it's a slow change, you'll get used to how your body looks and won't think that you're so much bigger.
The scale might show worrying digits, but you'll think that you still look fine so it's nothing to worry about.
You won't notice until you see a significant difference between your photos and by then you are very far into the bad habits.
>>
>>36420274
Pics please?
>>
>>36420248

its way less time than 1.5 years

if it's not remodelled in about 6 months you can infer it will never be remodelled, and therefore you need surgery.
>>
i was 115kg up until age 19 then i went on atkins and lost about 30kg.

Now am 112.5 kg muscle.

No loose skin really.
>>
Lose weight slowly, and hypertrophy.
>>
>>36422204

In my case, my family got wrecked when I was 4 years old - my Mother's Mother and Father's Brother both died in the same year.

My Uncle was my Dad's business partner, so suddenly he was handling a tremendous amount of work on his own. Coupled with the fact that he went missing, his Mother wouldn't allow them to declare my Uncle legally dead - which created a tremendous amount of legal problems.

My Grandmother was my Mother's best friend, and my Mother's coping mechanism was McDonalds. She would literally eat it twice a day, and - being a 4 year old - I was being fed McDonalds twice a day.

Couple this with a host of other poor eating habits:

>my father would eat off of our plates, which led to me and my brothers eating as fast as we could
>my father would call us all out on our weight while stuffing his face, which led to more emotional eating
>my mother would go months without cooking a meal at home, and when she did it was always canned spaghetti or burnt steak

I was 220 pounds at 10 years old. 325 at 13. I honestly never had a chance - and looking at my obese family I had every reason to buy into the 'muh genetics' way of thinking.
>>
File: hug.jpg (16 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
16 KB, 500x382
>>36422557
>Parents never actually cooked
>Raised on McDonalds
Iktf.
There isn't a single photo of me as a child where I wasn't at least chubby (except for when I was a baby ofcourse).
>>
I'm 21, 6'8" and currently 325lbs, that's down from ~390 about a year ago. I'm continuing to lose weight and aim for 225-250 by next year, however the prospect of loose skin really scares me. Everywhere I look I can't find any definitive factors about loose skin after weight loss. Some people say it depends on how fast you gained, others say how fast you lost, and others say it's about how long you had the weight for.
>>
>>36423263

You need to take a look at your body. Everywhere you have a fold, you'll have loose skin. Rolls will generally spring back.

Don't give up, being fit with loose skin is far better than being obese.
>>
File: 012.gif (236 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
012.gif
236 KB, 720x480
>>36423263
>how fast you lost
True. Your body needs to catch up and adjust as you lose weight.

>how fast you gained
Only if you got a shit ton of stretch marks that fucked up your skin from it.

>how long you had the weight for.
Your skin will adjust better the younger you are, but I don't think the time you had it matters.

>I'm 21, 6'8"
Dude, have you considered blobmode?
>>
>>36423500

>True. Your body needs to catch up and adjust as you lose weight.

What is considered too fast when losing weight? I'm aiming for ~2lbs a week

>Only if you got a shit ton of stretch marks that fucked up your skin from it.

I have stretchmarks all over. Does that mean I'm guerrenteed to have loose skin in those areas?

>Dude, have you considered blobmode?
No anon, I want to make it :(
>>
>>36419637
lol no, not anywhere near to the extent of that photo anyway

I'm 5'7, was 213lbs, now 140. Not much "loose skin" as such; I can pull bits of it quite far from my body in some places (upper arms, neck), my belly button has a perma-frown and the remaining fat on my stomach has the texture of like, marbles, which is apparently common with major weight loss. Otherwise, to the layman, I basically just look like I've been pregnant unless I lean over and gravity betrays me.

>27
>have always drank a lot of water
>obese for 3 years, initially gained it very quickly - lots of stretch marks
>lost the weight in 11 months

Your mileage will always vary depending on past/present lifestyle factors, and the prevalence of loose skin as a result of weight loss is quite a modern phenomenon (what a time to be alive!) so it's not really an exact science as yet
>>
>losing fat too fast will result in more loose skin

This is false. The skin naturally will retract at a certain rate until it stops. People who lose weight slower seem like they don't get as much because they're skin is retracting more consistently with their weight loss vs. dropping it all quickly and then waiting for it to retract. The cutoff seems to be about 1.5yrs.
>>
>>36419637

will chest flyes get me that pec gap?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 238x212
Do you ever think about how all that skin must feel? All loose, like a shirt flapping in the breeze.

I just wanna... Touch it.
>>
>>36419637
Loose skin?
Make suit with it
>>
that's why you take some of dat dere HGH to help your skin tighten back up
>>
>>36424480

rate of loss isn't even a top 3 factor in if you'll get loose skin.

it's nearly 100% determined by the % of the initial weight you lose.

the higher the % = the greater likelihood of loose skin.

propensity toward storing fat in the abdominals, lower back, tits, ass also dictates where loose skin can occur.

skin is remodelled every fortnight, so if the skin can retract it will start retracting in 2 weeks.

after 6 mo and no retraction its generally acknowledged this means the skin is too damaged to retract and excision is the only option.

stretch marks have 100% nothing to do with loose skin, they aren't a factor at all.
>>
you only get loose skin if you lose weight too rapidly

skin is elastic. for reference, I was 220lb once and 150 at my lowest, and never got it.
>>
>>36422414
don't have any, honest
>>
>>36427629
if you go from 400 lbs to 170 lbs you will have loose skin regardless of how slow you lose it. it depends how fat you were

unless you're like 5'0, 220lbs isn't even that huge... yeah it's fat for anyone under ~5'10 but not anywhere near the levels needed for loose skin to happen
>>
>>36427629

no, shut the fuck up and don't post on this topic again you're 100% wrong.
>>
>>36419637
>When I get down to about 165 am I going to have extra skin?
maybe? but if you do, that oughta motivate you to fill it back out with muscle
>>
>>36419637
So you ate at a -1800 deficit for 2 months while working out or did you take DNP? either way, brutal.
>>
>>36427787

>lost all the weight

>no saggy skin

well I must be an anomaly then
>>
File: 1362685504603.gif (3 MB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
1362685504603.gif
3 MB, 375x250
>>36427787
>buttbent
its just a japanese cartoon image board, bro
>>
>>36427855

how is

> you only get loose skin if you lose weight too rapidly

supported by

>lost all the weight

>no saggy skin

it's not, you're objectively wrong in your point that its caused by losing weight rapidly.

no amount of "but I did it" actually proves your point.

> wewwwewelll i mususmust be an analomaly then.

yeah in the sense your IQ is that low but you can still manage to use a PC wow.
>>
>>36428033
In all fairness the "too" in "too rapidly" means the speed of loss was in excess. Which means that negative consequences would occur, otherwise it would just be "rapidly."
>>
>>36428079

cool clarification

that's still not how it works.
>>
>>36428079
guy in the OP pic would have had loose skin REGARDLESS of how fast or slow he lost it. he had already reached the point of no return. once you have huge man tits and a gut that hangs over your gut it is absolutely inevitable.

if you're only chubby/overweight you can lose the weight quick as fuck and have minimal to no loose skin at all. but once you crossover to grade 2-3 obese and beyond there's no stopping it
>>
You're all fucking cucks
Lose the fucking weight and let it retract and stop looking for shit reasons to give up fatties
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.