[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I botched draining a cold sore, what now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: f 228.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1319) Image search: [Google]
f 228.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1319
I got a cold sore for the first time ever at 28 years old a week and a half ago, I did the whole abreva thing and would pick at the scabs.... I read it was best to pop the ulcers to get the virus out and sterilize it. I did not have a needle so I popped it like a pimple and washed it with hand sanitizer. I also had some odd ingrown hairs there and could not shave so I took a tweezer and pulled out about 10 of them in the area.

I woke up next day and my whole top lip was swollen, The area where the cold sore is fully numb like it has had a novocaine shot feeling to it all day long, that went away after 2 days.

I also then tried to drain it with a sterilized needle and i got the puss out and some blood but not all of it, it then swelled up in a squishy ball which has subsized and new smaller sores have appeared on the outside.

Is this infected? Will it fix it's self if I leave it alone, What can happen if I do not go to doc and get it lanced?

Etc....

I have ceased doing anything to it except ice and epsom salt warm compresses which have made a huge difference, I feel like it's going to just do it's thing and get better as the smaller new cold sore ulcers are going to break open, I have no fever, don't feel ill, hot, or anything.... In fact it does not really hurt even i touch it for the first time ever.
>>
File: g 003.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1071) Image search: [Google]
g 003.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1071
Previously looked like this after tweezing out mustache hairs.
>>
>>36416371
I know "everybody has it" or whatever. But I am so worried about any STD. I cab;t even share drinks with my closest friends anymore.
>>
Shouldn't have kissed some random whore.
>>
dumbass shouldve iced it as soon as you felt it starting
>>
Post pics.
>>
Take lysine and lots of it. I'm weight 190 and when I have a flare-up I take about 6-9 g of it.
>>
feel for you. just let it be next time. I do that whenever I get one and it sucks for like 2 days then its gone

do you work?
>>
>>36416499

yes why would u ask?
>>
>>36416565
cause im thinking about you walking around work with that shit
>>
>>36416499
>2 days

Wat

Whenever I get a cold sore I have to deal with it for at least 3 weeks.
>>
>>36416371

>he fell for the eating girls out meme
>>
>>36416584
Ah yeah, looked it up and its more like a week and a half.

I guess I just haven't had one in forever and when I did I was a student and just skipped class for a week and never saw anyone and then it was goen
>>
>>36416371
touch your face and it spreads, dumbass

put some coldsore ointment on it and leave it alone
>>
as soon as you feel one coming just put lots of ice on it. it works. for now you're fucked but it's whatever. people will judge but who cares what people think.
>>
L-L Y S I N E 1 GRAM PER DAY JESUS CHRIST SO EASY TO PREVENT AND CURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>36416371
OP I am in the medical field and have also had oral herpes my entire life. The fluid in the sore is just plasma where the layers of your skin have separated, I don't know it happens, just that it is because of the virus. Popping it does not remove anything. It will not go away faster, but sometimes it is worth popping it just to avoid having a damn balloon on your lip. If you pop it just hold a paper towel on it for a while so it kind of "dries" flat instead of swelling back up. Try not to expose it to warmth, hot showers or whatever, helps with the swollen feeling. If it just has some yellow crusty crap on it that is normal, just dried plasma. Cold sores are always swollen and red, so it probably isn't infected. The fluid should be clearish yellow tinted, not legit yellow like you just popped a huge pimple, if it is like real nasty acne puss you have an infection. If that's the case go to the doctor before you get a horrid scar on your face. For future breakouts if you feel one coming on(tingling and swelling), just leave it the hell alone, sometimes they don't fully breakout. If it does though, just leave it alone until it blisters, then pop the blister if it's worth it, do the paper towel thingy I mentioned then leave it alone. They always last a good week for me.
>>
I hate cold sores. Im meeting my ldr in ten days and im terrified im going to get one.
>>
>>36416672

you are a trash doctor stfu

>>36416660
>>36416660
>>36416660
>>36416660
>>36416660

READ. DO.
>>
That's straight up simplex 1 OP. No cold sore at all.
>>
>>36417313

which are exactly the same thing
>>
>>36416569
Lmao
>>
shouldn’t have sucked that dirty cock m8
>>
lel

woke up with a cold sore where my lips fold.
Been using tea tree oil x L-Lysine daily senpai. It's going down. I get them once a year ever since I could remember. Shit is gay af
>>
Am doctor

Picking the scab to remove the virus and then sterilize it....just keep repeating that back to yourself until you realize how retarded it is
>>
This is why I'm never eating twat
>>
>>36416672
How do most people get this disease? It looks awful.
>>
>>36417936
Do you get this from eating infected pussy or making out or both?
>>
>>36417997

Pussy tends to have hsv-2, oral lesions are caused by hsv-1, airc. You're more likely to get hsv-1 by kissing, sharing a water bottle, etc.

You still should stay away from loose pussy tho obv
>>
>>36418021
How the hell am I ever supposed to enjoy hooking up again. I'm going to be paranoid checking for any sign of a sore on these sluts' faces. Maybe r9k is right, we should embrace the coming age of the waifu.
>>
>>36418072

Just look for visible sores on their faces...it isn't rocket science
>>
File: 1390950730350.png (167 KB, 354x428) Image search: [Google]
1390950730350.png
167 KB, 354x428
>>36417989
90% of the world's population has some form of herpes. This is just one of them. You might even have it, but you just don't show any symptoms. It's not that big of a deal.
>>
>>36418072
basically everyone over 25 has the mouth kind, brah
>>
had em since i was 4. never pick it, it scabs and thus, even if the virus is gone it'll look like it's there. let it run it's course.
After about 15 years they come out a lot less, even after the usual triggers. been about 19 years now and i haven't had one for at least 2 years.
>>
>>36418214

>be 29
>no herpes

feels good
>>
>>36418214
Lololol no. Not even fucking close. Smart people screen for this shit. It's an idiot disease for suckers and plebes.

Maybe 10% of people have it and they're all gross.
>>
>>36418190
hpv and herpes are different genius
>>
>>36418479
The important thing is that they are both geniuses
>>
>>36417989
Various strains of HPV & HSV can spread from pretty much ANY contact with another person. kissing, shaking hands, walking bare feet, any form of sexual contact, etc. Only way to avoid any of it is to get vaccinated for the few strains that currently can be vaccinated and don't touch any slut currently attending college. College kids are the most in denial disease carriers known to man.
>>
>>36418547
moron
>>
File: 1427333707043.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1427333707043.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
Medfag here.

First outbreak is always the worst, they will become less frequent and less severe with time. NEVER break the vesicles open, and definitely not with your finger or you will auto-inoculate and give yourself herpetic whitlow, which is the herpes infection in your goddamn finger.

Use an aciclovir cream, and do not pick at it. Common triggers are excess direct sunlight, trauma (shaving cuts, so take it easy), and common infective triggers like dehydration.

It will go away within a week, and from then on start taking Lysine every fucking day and you'll minimise the odds of getting a flare up.

Most of the population is infected as the virus stays with you forever, though most people are asymptomatic. Don't share drinks, and no kissing/oral sex until its been completely healed for at least 2 days.
>>
>>36418072
just use dental dams when you kiss
>>
I get these 2-4 times per year. If i catch it early I will put some lube(? don't know the english word for it) that treats it. Usually they last 10-14 days, but if I catch it early and treat it, it lasts 2-7 days.
>>
>>36416463
>I know "everybody has it"

Ahh.. no!... never had it, and now married and hope to never have it
>>
What can you do to help with the scarring after the infection is gone? I still have a red spot where it was. Cheers
>>
>>36416371
1.Quit fucking with it
2. Get meds
3.????
4. Profit

Step 3. is repeat steps 1 & 2 as you will never see an end to this

Barebacked a sloot when I was drunk, got tested a few weeks later, screamed FML, immediately got biggest bottle of lysine, haven't had an outbreak yet...

P.s. The more you stress the worse they get. Sagely advice from a friend
>>
>>36416584
Mine only take about 3 days to disappear. Maybe you should work on your immune system gains.
>>
Take is as a good thIng dude. At least now you have way less chance of dick herps once your body learns to deal with it.
>>
>>36416371
> I read it was best to pop the ulcers to get the virus out and sterilize it.

nigga, you got trolled
>>
just get a prescription of valacyclovir, and NEVER TOUCH THE THING.

You're a massive fucking idiot for trying to drain it in the first place. Hope you get necrotising fasciitis.
>>
>>36418474

have you had chickepox?

congratulations, you have a strain of herpes.
>>
>>36417483
Kek
>>
>>36417997

you can get it from literally touching anything that has shedding viral particles on it, and then touch your mouth. no direct contact is ever needed.
>>
>>36417936
is it liberating to call people retards after maintaining your sunny bedside manner all day?
>>
>>36416463
I have genital herpes anon, got it at 26 from the first girl i fucked in ny
Really doesn't affect anything since flare ups are so rare
>>
>>36416371
>>36416380
your face looks familiar
>>
>>36419373
Congratulations you're a retard. We're obviously not talking about varicella zoster, even if it is part of the herpesviridae family.
>>
Medfags ITT:

I have some HPV of the genital warts variety, what could I start doing to minimize my chances of further outbreaks?
>>
>>36421662
laser treatments
>>
>>36421662
Make a small cut near a wart. It'll draw the immune system to the area, and destroy the warts nearby.
Did it on a verruca I had and it had disappeared in less than 2 weeks.
>>
>>36419331
There's two different kinds of herpes virus so he could still get it on his dick as long as it's not same virus as his lip.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.