[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what weight is it appropriate to start using a lifting belt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: lifting belt.jpg (21 KB, 450x269) Image search: [Google]
lifting belt.jpg
21 KB, 450x269
At what weight is it appropriate to start using a lifting belt? I'm a skinny dyel faggot who's only been lifting for a couple months, but I can already feel rounding in my back start to affect my squat (85kg) and deadlift (90kg). Would a belt help me out or would it merely make up for my shit form?

Also Lifting Belts General I suppose
>>
>>36416055
Deload, work your way back up focusing on form.
>>
>>36416055
A belt won't automatically fix your form. i didn't get a belt until my dl 1rm was around 405 and i was squatting over 285 for reps, but you can do whatever you want m8.

your back is rounding because your form is shit, and certain muscles are weak. really FOCUS on your form, it should be at the back of your mind at all times until you can lift perfectly without thinking about it.
>>
I don't wear a belt for deadlifts. I have a lever belt and it's set too tight to get into position properly.
>>
3pl8 for squats and DL imo
>>
KK pulls 880, rips off his singlet hits his abs and shouts "THIS IS MY FUCKING BELT"

You don't need a belt.
>>
Whenever it feels beneficial to have something to flex your abs against. Basically, when it will help you to lift more weight. That might be 2 plates, it might be much more.

There really is no downside to wearing a belt.
>>
First off, if your form is shitty, the belt won't help much. Fix your form and/or deload. Second, don't listen to anyone who says you shouldn't use a belt. Third, there's no such thing as an arbitrary checkpoint where is suddenly okay to use a belt.

Get a belt, use a belt for your worksets around 80% or higher, and get stronger
>>
>>36416252

Kind of agree with this guy.

The key point is that a belt is a TOOL to help you get stronger, if you always have to use a tool to lift your heaviest you're going to be weaker without it... But if you hit a sticking point, implement your tool (the belt) in order to progress.

Don't wear it for all of your working sets, just when you get into the heavier weights and 1-3 rep ranges... Or when your lower back/core are fatigued and
>>
>>36416252
>>36416269
i agree with both these chaps. i recommend doing as many of your sets as you can without your belt, and wear it once you know your back is going to round. i only started doing this with my squats/DLs six weeks ago and its been fucking amazing.
>>
Can cable flies round your back if form isn't right?
>>
405 on deadlift 315 on squats

anything less and youre too weak to be using belt and should build a base level of strength before throwing on a belt for gains
>>
>>36416470
Bullshit. Using a belt can help you get to 315 faster.
>>
>>36416494
yeah man, i was stalled at 200 before using my belt, and suddenly i worked my way up to 265 in a few weeks. use it if it helps.
>>
>>36416550
Right, and it's not like you wouldn't be able to do 245 without the belt, so there's no reason to not use a belt if it helps.
>>
>>36416055
At the weight of a dudes load on your face because thats how faggoty belts are
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.