[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is cardio the devil /fit/? I just started working out recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1109x614
Is cardio the devil /fit/?

I just started working out recently and I'm alternating Couch to 5k (M-W-F) and SS (T-TH-S) but some people have been telling me that I'd actually be better off and lose more weight just lifting three days a week.

Is this true?
>>
>>36408735
Cardio is good for you. People who argue against it are only seek to justify their laziness
>>
Yes it is the devil. Takes too much energy for too long a period of time. I rather just lift heavy thing for a couple reps and set them back where I found them.
>>
do your running immediately after lifting. let rest days be rest days.
>>
File: 100301_front[1].jpg (135 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
100301_front[1].jpg
135 KB, 480x640
>>36408735
This guy did SS and was coached by Rippletits himself. Do you think he did cardio?
>>
>>36408735
Intervals or weights, choose one.
>>
>>36408757
This, but you didn't hear it on /fit/. People start thinking they can actually get decent advice on here and the whole board will go to shit.
>>
>>36408765
Every day at 4 am
>run
next day
>lift
next day
>run
next day
>lift
next day
>run
next day
>lift
next day
>stay at home and relax
Repeat.
>>
>>36408735
>Is cardio the devil /fit/?
"Is taking care of my heart the devil /fit/?"

Retard.

>some people have been telling me that I'd actually be better off and lose more weight just lifting three days a week
They're lazy retards who do cardio like lazy retards or not at all, like the lazy retards they are.

>>36408757
>>36408806
Third.
>>
>>36408920
why do i read this like the "everyday im shufflin" song
>>
Cardio makes losing weight harder because it doesn't burn a ton of calories and makes you super hungry because it obliterates your glycogen reserves

That being said you absolutely still should do it if you don't want to wind up dead in a sauna
>>
>>36410912
Because you're a faggot.
>>
people say cardio kills gains then they post in /cbt/ threads and are fat as fuck with high bodyfat, and wonder why they look like shit.

you dont NEED cardio, but it's a great way to stay in a caloric deficit.
>>
Can anybody confirm or deny the claims made in this article?

https://www.t-nation.com/training/regular-cardio-will-make-you-fat
>>
>>36412257
I am going to deny it without even wasting my time reading it.
>>
>>36408735
The meme is because retards dont factor in the calories they are burning. Just eat more.
>>
>>36412266
Unhelpful
>>
File: qlaktf2l.gif (407 KB, 250x153) Image search: [Google]
qlaktf2l.gif
407 KB, 250x153
Cardio is awesome for fat loss. But after I'm done with losing fat, I will drop the

>30-60 minutes x 2 per week
>15-20 minutes x 4 per week

routine and just do some prowler stuff for conditioning.
>>
I really do hate how polarized a general fitness board is towards fat narrow-minded meathead fucktards who think powerlifting is the end all be all.
>>
>>36410937

>Cardio
>doesn't burn a ton of calories

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>36410937
>cardio makes losing weight harder

no, just no
>>
Heart health is pretty important bro, unless you want to huff and puff every time you go up a flight of stairs and get laughed at
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.