[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey.. i want to try my hand at fish and offal. does anybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 266px-Leber_Schaf.jpg (12 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
266px-Leber_Schaf.jpg
12 KB, 266x189
hey..

i want to try my hand at fish and offal.

does anybody have good recipes?
>>
>>>/ck/
>>
>>36406247
i dont want to go to McDonalds for my dinner.
>>
Quite a big gap between fish and offal, m8.

Liver can be good in a lot of dishes like liver & onions and stews, but most offal requires a lot of prep work to be good.

Fish can be anything from oven-baked salmon with rice/potatoes, a hollandaise sauce and steamed green beans or blanched asparagus to fish & chips or boiled cod with some shitty low-calorie sauce for dat lean protein.
>>
>>36406369
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/35351/chilli+soy+salmon+with+wok+fried+noodles

http://www.food.com/recipe/creamy-norwegian-fish-soup-113086 (note that American river Catfish wouldn't be eaten in Norway, it would be cod, pollock or Anarhichadidae/wolf fish, which just happens to get translated as catfish some times)
>>
Haggis. The King of "all the shitty bits mashed up and turned into food".
>>
Make liver into pate, spread on everything.
>>
>>36406243
> Take fish out of package
> eat it
> gains
>>
>>36406611
Got a recipe? All the ones I find require lard :/
>>
>>36406243
for liver

> place liver in a bowl of milk for ~3 hours before you want to cook. This removes (by osmosis) trapped particulates in the liver and makes it taste better
> dredge liver in breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and light parmesean
> heat butter in pan on high heat
> cook THOROUGHLY on both sides, about 10 minutes (i.e 5 minutes/side)

you can use olive oil if butter doesn't fit your macros
>>
>>36407111
forgot to add...saute onions, garlic, tomatoes, and bell peppers to eat on the side

season them with salt, pepper, and thyme
>>
>>36406243
Beef heart is cheap as fuck, stew it with shinned beef in a big pot for max gains
>>
>>36407128
do i oil/butter the liver up before using the breadcrumbs ?
>>
>>36406511
Also mince n tatties.

We're legends at turning cheap shit into fantastic food.
>>
Liver: Just slice it up and cook it like a steak or cut it in tiny pieces and sear it in a pan. Grilled liver is delicious as fuck imo.

Kidney and Heart: Grab a pot, put some oil, put some chopped onions in, wait until those are somewhat done and then add in the chopped kidneys, then keep on cooking. Add water if needed, kidneys will release water too, add chopped garlic.

Those are the easiest recipes for those and they work every single time just make sure everything is extremely well cooked, nothing red should be visible.
>>
>>36409503
>X as fuck

Okay this needs to stop. "X as fuck" and "fucking X" are NOT interchangeable. "Delicious as fuck" sounds utterly retarded.
>>
>>36408739
nah they'll stick to the liver because of the milk
>>
>>36409534
You sound mad as fuck bro.
>>
>>36409534
>"Delicious as fuck" sounds utterly retarded.
Sounds perfectly grammatically legitimate.

You need to study more. Also language by its very nature is fluid and dynamic.
>>
>>36409582
>Sounds perfectly grammatically legitimate.

Did I imply otherwise?
>>
>>36409592
Yes, now stop being autistic on the internet, people can see you.
>>
File: cb9.jpg (722 KB, 1200x902) Image search: [Google]
cb9.jpg
722 KB, 1200x902
>>36409653
>Yes
>>
>>36406243
This is an ofally fishy request. Troll detected.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.