[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I fucked up my back doing squats with shit form a few weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 59879684636346.jpg (51 KB, 640x544) Image search: [Google]
59879684636346.jpg
51 KB, 640x544
So I fucked up my back doing squats with shit form a few weeks back (I'm retarded, I know) so I went to the doctor's about it because my back has been hurting real bad lately. Doctor said I shouldn't lift weights for at least 6 weeks until it's 100% better. What the fuck am I suppose to do for the next 6 weeks guys? Today I tried doing some cycling on the cycling machine but when i finished that I felt stumped as to what to do that didn't involve my back. Every day I wake up I feel slightly more shit from not lifting. Lifting is all I have outside of my shitty retail job, what do /fit/?
>>
Read some good literature and go for nice walks in the countryside
>>
>listening to your doctor

do you realize how many people get cancer when they listen to their doctor?

>person is perfectly fine
>goes in for routine check
>doctor notices something
>"sir, let me check that out for you"
>"it appears you have cancer"
>person who was living life perfectly fine now told they have cancer and suddenly they have cancer and it's like suddenly the symptoms and side effects take place over night after being told
>person literally looks like a walking skeleton a few months later after chemo
>ends up dying

I wonder how many people could have kept on living normally if they just never went to the doctor to get checked out and never ever knew they had it.
>>
>>36405274
The thing is though, I went to the doctor because my back was hurting by a million after every lifting session at the gym. This shit isn't made up in my head, I just wonder what else I can do in the gym that doesn't involve my back.
>>
>>36405286
Yeah and now that the doctor told you your back feels worse and now you're probablly mentally scarred from squats and will never do them again.

If you just instead, went back to the gym, kept on squatting, went through the pain and ignored it and moved on with life, it would have eventually gone away and fixed itself.

But you fucked up, you went to the doctor, you got the professionals opinion, you appealed to his authority, your brain function has completely changed from hearing what he said, your mind is now focused on you being injured and never lifting again. You will probably have an anxiety attack the next time you go within 50 meters of a gym. You're now forever afraid of squats.
>>
>>36405274
Not that many, they'd be dead because of untreated cancer.
>>
>>36405297
But my back hurts 10x more after lifting with my back problem at the moment. Is there any lifting I can do that doesn't involve my back at all?
>>
>>36405226
So what us the problem with your back? What did the doctor diagnose?
>>
>>36405318
I know, I know. I am just memeing.

But there is I feel some small percentage of truth to what I am memeing.

My 95 year old grand mother has never been to the doctors or a hospital in her life. She smokes 3-4 packs a week since age 10 or so.

Her reasoning for not going to the doctors even for just a checkup in her own words is that shes seen so many of her friends/family get something checked out, and then before you know it they've completely changed and then they're dead, as if discovering they had something drastically increases the rate of speed as how it fucks them up and kills them. She's old but she understand fully well about how bad smoking is but she just says just doesn't want to know.

As a life-long smoker at age 95, do you think that shes really lucky that shes been able to go all those years without a single medical checkup? It seems pretty fucking lucky to me. There are people much younger than her, like 65-70...who can literally die from getting a cold/flu and not getting it treated. She just doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>36405226
Was in the same boat as you OP, my doctor said 8 weeks (2 months) of light exercise (cardio) and rest, absolutely not back exercise.

Went against his orders and squatted/deadlifted again at 4 weeks. Small tings of pain still.

Was totally fine after 7 weeks.

Don't mess with your spine bro. It's literally the central cable of your nervous system. You will not lose any gains in a month. Take it easy, focus on cardio, it's just 6 weeks. At least do 5.
>>
>>36405335
OP here, doctor referred me to a physio that I'm seeing next week so I'll find out specifics of the problem from there. Just feel like I'm doing more harm than good by continuing to lift weights even though my back flares up after. Today I tried to sit down at work and I got a random shooting pain in my back.
>>
>>36405360
Best cardio machines?
>>
>>36405435
I went to a stadium in my town and did laps. Didn't hurt my back very much.

Let's see if we had a similar injury:
110kg squat, right at the deep part I lose tightness in my core and dip forward.

Lower part of waist hurts like crazy, pain/electricity shoots down to the back of my thighs.

How about you?
>>
>>36405486
Middle of my spine starts to hurt pretty bad the next day. Thing is though, I didn't have the weight that heavy was only lifting about 20 kg. Was also doing bent over rows straight after that would not of helped because my form was bad. Aching, soreness, difficulty sleeping, feeling dizzy, sharp shooting pain up my back if I sit down wrong, can't stand still at work because my back hurts all day. The first day when it flared up the worst I downed about 10 nurofens to make it hurt less.

Any more tips you can give me? Is there any lifting I can do (ie, leg press) that doesn't invole my back?
>>
>>36405625
I'd steer clear of lifting totally. You still need to have blood circulation though (aids recovery), so what other form of exercise is left, that does not strain the spine? Cardio.

Worst thing you can do is get yourself worse. Take a break and use that time productively, and it'll pass like it's nothing.
>>
>>36405297
He also could've wrecked his back for life, better to be safe in this case. Easier to do squats after he gets better than to fix a bricked back.
>>
>>36407106

I'm in a similar situation. I'm focusing on pistol squats for a while. Hopefully gonna help my form while keeping reasonable strength.

Also lots of piriformis/glute stretches are godly for low back pain
>>
>>36405274

Take off the tinfoil hat.
>>
>>36405297
Yeah whatever you say, Freud.

Never listen to this anon
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.