[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diets that allow moderate beer consumption?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (552 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
552 KB, 1600x1200
I love beer. Tasting beer, learned by about styles of beer, the history of beer, etc. I'm also a fat fuck. Along with a solid exercise regimen (beginning this week), what diet or nutritional regimen can I get into that A) still allows a few beers throughout the week (let's say 5 weekly) and B) allows me to go out to restaurants with my gf between once and twice a week? I'm open to all suggestions.
>>
>like beer a lot
>get IBS
>can't drink beer anymore
JUST
>>
keto

what do you mean by "go to restaurants"?
>>
>>36404050

Enjoy dinner at a nice place and feel like I can have most meals (within reason). So probably not a rack of bbq ribs, but assume a three course meal that probably isn't the healthiest. Basically a few cheat meals here and there and approx 5 beers a week.

Give me that, and you can have me eat literally whatever the fuck you want as long as I lose this fucking gut.
>>
>>36404090
Ok. you'll probably have to not eat anything in between going to restaurants
>>
is there a beverage more memetic than beer
>>
>>36404021
>beginning this week
Confirmed for not making it. You should already be working out, fat fuck. It's the middle of fucking March, and what do you want? An engraved invitation?
>>
>>36404021
1. Read the fucking sticky.
2. You are not gonna make it.
>>
>>36404090
your best option is to get gud at cardio, because you're gonna be doing a fuckload of it if you wanna lose weight and still go out to eat more than twice a month (unless you eat healthy when you go out).

Actually, intermittent fasting wouldn't be a terrible idea, but those days that you go out to eat, that needs to be your only meal for the entire day, and you need to make sure there's a lot of protein in whatever you order,
>>
>>36404129

Funny. Seriously, though.
>>
ok i recommend drinking liquor if you don't want to have to sacrifice calories from actual food

beer has carbs, alcohol calories can't be stored as fat (but will slow down everything else in your body while your liver handles it so use wisely, and keep dietary fat to a minimum when you drink)

i personally love sampling different rums. beer is ok, but never been a huge fan... i really only like imperial stouts anyway. if you're not a fan of rum's sweetness, maybe try getting into whiskey?
>>
>>36404162

Is there a specific cardio routine or methodology you recommend? Can only do non-impact cardio (elliptical, bike, pool, rowing).

And I'm good fasting. I'll give that a shot.
>>
>>36404021
>drinking the liquid jew
>>
>>36404184

Actually not even that into getting drunk - I'm just a beer enthusiast.
>>
>>36404198

same, i usually don't like to exceed tipsy. getting drunk feels like crap. you can still drink liquor without getting drunk...

but anyway, what sucks about beer is that its carb content CAN be utilized as fat storage AND the alcohol content wrecks your metabolism... so.... i mean, used moderately, it probably won't be a problem. i mean a couple beers a week or something, assuming you compensate by eating less on those days. but i personally wouldn't risk it.
>>
>>36404198
Should be able to fit a single beer into your daily calorie budget. Assume 30 kcal per % ABV for a 12oz bottle.

You will have to eat slightly less to compensate, obviously. Also, no more peanuts, they are calorie bombs.
>>
File: omfg.jpg (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
omfg.jpg
5 KB, 160x160
>>36404532
>Also, no more peanuts, they are calorie bombs.

MFW i just googled how many calories in peanuts
>>
>>36404021

Getting in shape is all about balancing good and evil. You'll have to weight yourself on a daily basis and adapt

>GOOD >EVIL
cardio alcohol
weightlifting restaurants
vegetables/clean diet processed food
8-9 hours of sleep 5-6 hours of sleep

and etc...
I used to be a functionning alcoholics so I'll tell you this. I was able to get away with drinking 6-10 beers every single night. I wasn't fat anything, I looked ''ok''. But I only drank water during the day (3-4L), I only ate steamed vegetables, egg whites and other whole food. And I trained every day at the gym for an hour and a half (lifting day - cardio day - lifting day, etc...)

So to answer your question, yes you can pull it off, but you need discipline. I would also suggest you spend more time than usual at the gym when you know you're gonna go to a restaurant later that day. If you're gonna have a big meal with a shitton of calories, better make the most out of it so your muscle can recover better.
>>
>>36404185
Swimming is god tier cardio, burns a lot of calories which is good for us fatties. I've also heard really good things about High Intensity Interval Training, which you ought to be able to do on a bike without too much difficulty.

And make sure you do some research on intermittent fasting before you just decide to stop eating. Make sure you learn how to do it right.
>>
>>36404021
fell for the diet meme
>>
>>36404090
>Guys, can I lose weight without actually trying??
Don't even start anything, you will fail anyway.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.