[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: dentist-16929251.jpg (102 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
dentist-16929251.jpg
102 KB, 1300x957
Hey /fit/ I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth extracted in two days. What are some good foods to eat afterwards?

Also fit food thread
>>
>>36401119
Nonfat Greek yogurt, protein shakes, and chocolate milk is mostly what I ate afterwards. Lost 10 lbs in a week during recovery, I wish I could cut like that
>>
>>36401119
>getting wisdom teeth extracted
Enjoy your shitty jawline due to bone reabsorption
>>
>>36401188

If he's just blindly listening to the dentist frantically insisting that they'll "eventually" bother him than that is his own fault.
>>
>>36401214
True dat, wisdom teeth removal is the circumcision of the dental industry, they encourage it and downplay the side effects because it's easy to perform and earns them quite a lot of money
>>
>>36401188
i had my wisdom teeth out and it's because my mouth hurt like fuck and couldn't open up all the way. my jaw clicked and i had really bad tmj and it was all solved after my surgery, it's not always jewish propaganda
>>
>>36401251
I'm doing it because they're already erupted but I have tricare so fuck it
>>
>>36401251
Caesarian sections need to be added to that list of expensive but easy procedures that doctors encourage and downplay the dangers of, my sister and her husband absolutely lost their shit when their OBGYN recommended booking a day near the time of expected birth and just having my nephew cut out
>please ignore the fact that you're more than twice as likely to die during a voluntary Caesarian than if you give birth naturally
>>
>>36401280
>mouth couldn't open all the way
>tmj
That sounds more like the symptoms of an impacted maxilla senpai, my fuckbuddy had the same problems(couldn't even open her mouth wide enough to suck dick) but an orthodontist gave her headgear to pull her maxilla forward and her problems went away
>>
>>36401280

That's fine and dandy but plenty of people, including myself. never have issues with them. Every time I saw my dentist from the time I was like 17 to 20 they nagged me about it saying "it was only a matter of time before they bothered me". Only after they came all the way through with no issues did my dentist finally shut up.
>>
>>36401321
If you enjoy your bag being BTFO and peeing a little when you laugh for the rest of.your life.

Might as well detonate a hand grenade in a spiral ham and call it a pussy after.
>>
powerade and mashed potatoes and gravy. then I felt like dying for the first three days because I was taking vicodin with hardly anything to eat because I couldn't. but mine were bony impacted so maybe you'll be able to open your mouth better.
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 355x414) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 355x414
>>36401351
>heh heh, it's only a matter of time until you or your insurance pays me $2000+ for an hour of work cutting out perfectly healthy teeth
>>
>>36401119
Steak and shake milkshakes. I could barely open my.mouth and had to have them out RIGHT before a vacation. I put on ten pounds of fat.
>>
>>36401362
I've fucked a couple of single mothers, their pussies were still tight desu, loose pussy is primarily the result of getting older, not giving birth naturally, women just like to blame it on giving birth so that their husband feels too guilty to cheat on a younger tighter girl
>>
my dentist just told me a week ago that i have 4 wisdom teeth i should get removed

now i will ignore her

thanks fit

and it wasnt my choice to have a female dentist but it was nice having her fingers in my mouth

got a boner
>>
>>36401362
Incontinence normally goes away after a couple of months, it's also almost as common in childless women(although interestingly studies have shown that it's much rarer in virgin women such as nuns)
>>
File: humanitybehind.jpg (85 KB, 612x429) Image search: [Google]
humanitybehind.jpg
85 KB, 612x429
I had 2 extractions for 2 teeth each
both times i drank blended oats to hit my calories from day 1
both times i got an infection

i would do it again tho (drinking the oats)
>>
>>36401430
Assuming you're still relatively young(under 25) you could realistically still grow your jaw by chewing gum, it's been proven to drastically increase mandible growth in children and teenagers, growth slows but still occurs in adults tho
>>
I ate a lot of mashed potatoes when I had my wisdom teeth taken out
>>
>>36401385
What other procedures are jewish propaganda?
>>
I got one removed a few weeks ago because it was rotten with caries, but I won't take out the other ones unless needed. I don't see reason to.
>>
Wisdom teeth removal is a plot made up by the Jews. They only remove the wisdom teeth of non-Jews, so when the messiah returns they can check if he has wisdom teeth or not. If he has them it is true, if not he is a false prophet hiding behind the pretense of being the messiah.
>>
>tfw you have to get your wisdom teeth removed, get your jaw broken and wired shut twice

goodbye gains
>>
>>36401555
Surprisingly enough chemotherapy, it's a wonder drug for certain types of cancer such as leukaemia, lymphoma and testicular cancer but theres almost no evidence that it's any better than placebo for treating other cancers despite often costing $50 000-$100 000 per cycle of treatment
>>
Sorry for hijacking the thread but this is kinda on-topic. Is it me or is bulking-on-a-budget a myth? I've looked for meal plans and shopping tips for bulking without having to spend more than like $50 a week (student), and all the articles I've read have been like "oh yeah, it's totally possible to spend little money and still gain weight, here's what you should be buying" then proceeds to list a bunch of groceries that actually meet the budget, but then it's like "here's a meal plan for a week with 3000 calories daily using the groceries we just listed" and after that it makes a list of things that's hard to believe it doesn't use more than what they just told you to buy, and then they fit like two gainer shakes a day with 2 scoops each. If I had the money to buy gainer shakes to drink 2 daily, I wouldn't be looking for bulking plans on a pea of a budget, jesus.
>>
>>36401597
I've had a hairline fracture in my jaw from fighting, doctor gave me tons of painkillers tho so feelsgoodman
>>
>>36401385
this guy. wisdom teeth removal is just a dental meme
>>
>>36401579
Will this affect my bar mitzvah in any way? I'm converting next week and I want to be prepared
>>
>>36401621
you could ofc go vegan. rice, beans and stuff is very cheap.
>>
>>36401639
Hell no. While I still had mine, my jaw would hurt 24/7, but the pain felt more like tiredness, like I had to hold my jaw up consciously all the time and it would just get tiring. Had all 4 removed at once and that pain has gone away for the most part, and at least now my teeth have enough room to arrange themselves in a way that I can bite properly.
>>
>>36401678
you done didn't chewing enough gum in your youth muh nignog
>>
>>36401601
>chemotherapy
>implying theres only one kind of chemotherapy
>implying that doctors would prescribe chemo for cancers that it wont work better than placebo for

Jesus man stop watching Dr Oz
>>
>>36401678
>my mouth got tired from holding my jaw closed all the time

And it never occurred to you or your dentist that this might be because your chewing muscles were weak as fuck and needed to be strengthened?
>>
>>36401496
im not that insecure about my jaw, i was just saying that i won't get them removed because

1. i dont need to, if i do in the future, then i will get them removed in the future.

2. i dont want to give the jews my money

but about the gum, i guess ill give it a try. should i chew 2 pieces at once for maximum efficiency? or save money and just go with 1 piece of gum every hour?

also, should i get sugar free?
>>
>>36401740
I'm a biomed engineer, if you can cite any literature showing chemotherapy to be more effective than placebo on cancers other than the ones I mentioned then I'll happily agree that I was wrong
>>
why the fuck doesn't my dentist use those lip holder things

that'd be so much nicer than holding my jaw and lips open and forgetting and having to be asked to open my mouth every 5 minutes
>>
>>36401752
Get xylitol gum if possible, it's been proven to fix small cavities by killing the bacteria in your mouth, preferably chew it for at least half an hour after eating a meal, chewing on an empty stomach disturbs digestion in some people
>>
>>36401740
Doctors actually do tho, the survival rate of chemo versus placebo is only different by 0.5% for most cancers, the thing is that most people consider that 0.5% to be worth the $50 000
>>
>>36401774
http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/6311413

Many studies in small cell carcinoma of the lung (SCCL) have demonstrated a high response rate and a potential for cure in a subset of patients. Combination chemotherapy, the cornerstone of all treatment for SCCL, can produce up to 10% long-term, disease-free survival among all patients with SCCL and greater than or equal to 20% survival among patients who present with limited disease. Significant improvements in survival have occurred in all stages of disease, and further investigative efforts are necessary to improve the complete remission rate, the duration of response, and the percentage of long-term, disease-free survivors. The current report, based on the workshop on SCCL held in Ireland under the auspices of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer, reviews the current state of the art for chemotherapy and presents potential future directions.
>>
>>36401752
Not really a matter of insecurity, it's a matter of growing your jaw enough that all your teeth fit in it properly
>>
>>36401852
>>36401774

>"combination chemotherapy, the cornerstone of treatment for small cell lung cancer"
>>
>>36401740
lol surgical removal of the cancer is actually the cure and chemotherapy is to kill any strays they missed something something metastasis oops
>>
>>36401852
Shit, should have specified that SCC are in the list of cancers that chemo is effective for, you-1 me-0

To be more specific chemotherapy is borderline useless in cancer such as myeloma, soft tissue sarcoma, melanoma, pancreatic, uterine, prostate, bladder and kidney cancer
>>
>>36401809
no it would be better if he had sugary gum so the dentist can make their money back
>>
>>36401119
Should I get my wisdom teeth removed /fit/?
Both of my wisdom teeth on the bottom are on their sides and the one the left looks like if it emerges it will come out pointing towards the middle of my mouth.

Also the tooth in front of my left wisdom tooth is almost completely on it's side.
>>
Pic related, 1170 calories and delicious.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-15-22-42-10.png (173 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-15-22-42-10.png
173 KB, 1440x2560
>>36402201

Forgot photo.
>>
>>36402173
See>>36401496
Don't get your wisdom teeth removed unless you absolutely have to
>>
>>36402222
i got a tiny piece of food in one of my gumholes and it hurt for two days until I finally got the syringe to rinse it out. id be terrified of little oat or banana specks. no straws or you'll rip the blood clot out. which hurts ten times more.
>>
>>36401119
mashed potato, ice cream and pretty much any food that is mush form but easy to clean out (like mash potato or even apple sauce)
>>
>>36401119
Home made cream of chicken soup/ chicken and corn chowder
God tier macros
No chewing involved
>>
>>36401579
So having impacted teeth is a good thing?
>>
>>36401119
Nothing out of a straw. Some light soups as long as you just pour them into your gullet. Mashed potatoes with the fixings that rant hard bacon bits that'll crawl into the holes.

You'll probably be out of commission for 2 weeks regardless of how good you feel
>>
>>36401119
Hallöchen shahin
>>
>>36401838
in which case surgery and radiotherapy may be the primary treatment with adjuvant chemotherapy coming in with its own efficacy

i can understand saying that chemotherapy (alone) doesn't seems effective in every form of cancer, but dismissing its use entirely as a meme is idiotic
>>
>>36406341
>reviving a dead thread
Nobody was saying that chemo is useless, it was specifically stated to be a wonder drug for certain types of cancer, what was being said was that chemotherapy is often used in circumstances where it has been shown to be borderline useless such as in pancreatic cancer
>>
Just be prepared to throw up a couple times after the operation
>>
>>36405093
>2 weeks
Dont be a fucking pussy. My gf had her wisdoms out and was fine within 5 days, jesus you soft cunts are pathetic.
>>
>>36406463
i think it depends if your teeth are erupted or impacted. mine were all bony impacted and sideways and shit so they really had to dig. 3 days of vicodin but 2 weeks before I could really chew food.
>>
>>36406463
> beings this stupid because everyone else is just like your imaginary "gf"

we're talking about REAL people and REAL problems
>>
>>36401119
Jelly and painkillers do the trick, time for an impromptu cut. I had mine done last year dropped 4 kilos in 5 days.
>>
>>36406520
OP here, mine have been erupted so they're just pulling em out
>>
>>36408569
then you'll probably won't lose ten pounds like I did. or get twilight sedation.
>>
My wisdom teeth started growing out but the doctor said they were coming straight does that mean my jawline will improve or still stay the same way
>>36401188
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.