[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think about this? Has anyone tried it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 780x1938) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 780x1938
What does /fit/ think about this? Has anyone tried it?
>>
I'm a girl, btw.
>>
>>36397415
what is there to try you retard

if you run you'll run farther next time, case closed
>>
works great but doesn't change the fact that running just sucks in general
>>
I've done it and it works, simple as that. Download the Couch to 5k app to help with the times and PR though
>>
>>36397415
/fit/ doesn't do cardio
lurk more
>>
File: hexagonpanties.jpg (28 KB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
hexagonpanties.jpg
28 KB, 350x258
Cardio?
Never
>>
>>36397440
This, would run with a group of friends some years back.

Would do 5-7 mile runs, and about 2 miles in all I could think about was ,"Why the fuck am I doing this shit?"
>>
File: 1449547822917.jpg (60 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1449547822917.jpg
60 KB, 878x814
>>36397415
>taking cardio lessons from a vrippled anime girl
Holy fuck how low can you sink?
>>
Here's a simpler guide
>run to failure
>do it for 30 minutes
>do it 3 days a week
Yaay, eventually you gonna run all 30 minutes~
>>
>>36397415
It got me from not being able to run for 30 seconds straight to running 30 minutes straight in about 2 months.

If you are a fatass, be careful of shin splints. Doing standing calf raises on a step seemed to help mine go away, not sure if it was my imagination or not though.
>>
>>36397415
Tried this but its hella annoying to track each minute of a run. I find I run best when I can just stare off into space and focus on breathing.

So I modified it to only a single set interval of running and walking, no mixed stuff like week 4, thats nuts...
>>
5-3 is literally satan. The app is pretty nice though.
>>
>>36398166
it's just couch to 5k but some retarded slapped his waifu on there or something
>>
>>36397415
That is how you train for running, but why would you do that?
>>
File: HowToEven.jpg (86 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
HowToEven.jpg
86 KB, 612x792
I don't understand the point of these. If you're starting couch to 5k you have no base level cardio and your only goal is to be able to run 5k. Its not like you are doing training for a sport. Its not like you need to be a sprinter or to do some kind of interval training.

I mean you just run as far as you can and run a littlw further every day. Once you hit 5k either run further or run faster. Its not like you need to make sure to train all your muscles equaly or have some specific meal plan like bodybuilders. Why do people need a guide on how to just... run....
>>
>>36399655
Get a watch with an interval timer.

Less than $20.
>>
>>36399787
> Why do people need a guide on how to just... run....

Because the whole point of it is to lay out an easy guide for inactive people to start becoming active.
>>
>>36398186
Even easier: stop being a bitch and go run for 30 minutes.
>>
finished it about a year ago. then i tried a 5k to 10k program and failed

then i stopped running, and don't think i can run for more than 20 minutes anymore
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.