[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegan Diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
Any vegan fits here? I went vegan about two months ago mostly for health reasons and it's hard to find information specifically for vegans. If you are, I would be interested in hearing about what you eat, your workout plan, etc.
>>
>>36397145
How about being specific?

Workouts don't change because one is vegan.
What information is difficult to find?
>>
I am also looking for workout cloths. Namely ones that say something about my veganism.

I want everyone to know my physique is possible without meat.
>>
Vegan for 7 years here. do yoga, pilates and some crossfit with my black transexual genderqueen partner Tyriniqua.
>>
>>36397178
Sorry, you're right. I should have been more specific. I was mainly curious about the diet. Trying to find a good vegan diet for bulking. I have seen a few vegan youtubers, like Vegan Gainz and NaturallyStephanie and they do a few videos on what they eat, but I haven't found much else.
>>
>>36397242
>Trying to find a good vegan diet for bulking
Whatever you normally would eat + more of it.
>>
>>36397242

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0w3WK6o1Z9-2cFXFy90vnyx5vVtMz-Ut

https://www.youtube.com/user/HumerusFitness/videos?view=0&shelf_id=2&sort=dd
>>
>>36397276
Thanks.
>>
>>36397145
Lentils is the key to a vegan diet
>>
Fellow veganbros
What are the staples of your diet to make sure you get enough protein? I eat a tonne of tofu, seitan and all that shit but shit gets boring after a while
>>
>>36397304
Thanks so much! I appreciate it.
>>
>>36397145
>>36397242
>>36397310
I'm vegan so I'm not saying this out of spite, but you sound literally retarded.
>>
>>36397318
That's good because I really like lentils.
>>
>>36397347
How's that? I'm new to veganism and I'm also new to fitness. I'm a noob in both areas. I could use some help from people who have done both for awhile and have more experience.
>>
>>36397145
W2C shirt.

I want to wear that and walk around some festival eating hotdogs.
>>
>>36397437
Nice
>>
>>36397145
Vegans are pussies. Eat the animals. They deserve it
>>
>>36397341
WELL GET FUCKING USED TO IT IF YOU WANNA BE /FIT/ VEGAN CUZ IT'S TOFU BEANS AND NUTS FOR YOU. Quinoa is good as well just try to get fancy
>>
Your go-to sources of protein:

>Beans (black beans are the best for protein and they are ridiculously high in fibre)
>Lentils
>Soy products, i.e. tofu, soy protein, soy-based meat replacements
>Vegan protein powders (ideally made of plant protein mixtures, so you're getting a variety of amino acids)
>Quorn is the best of the best. They have a few incredible vegan options that almost indistinguishable from the real thing if cooked properly.

And then of course you also get a decent amount of indirect protein from carb sources and veg
>>
>>36399391
Thank you :)
>>
I'd rather be a good person than a vegan.
>>
>>36401392
As I said before, I did it for health reasons. I can't digest animal fat as well as normal people. It causes bloating/indigestion.
>>
One of the most important things you can do as a vegan is making damn sure you get your fats - i recommend making a shake with coconut oil, flax seeds, chia seeds, almond/peanut butter, protein powder if you have/need it, and bananas for taste
>>
>>36401608
Thanks! I was high carb low fat vegan for the first two months but they advocate little to no protein and fat.
>>
Pea and rice protein combo is on par with whey. Mix them with almond milk and you're golden.

Linen oil linen oil linen oil.

Avoid seitan at all costs.
>>
>>36401820
I'll have to try almond milk, my staple has been soy.
>>
I eat a lot of soy nuts personally, wouldn't suggest it personally if you're not on a budget, but they are like 80g of protein in a package for $1 so that's pretty awesome.

Lentils though are a good bulking food that actually tastes good.
>>
>>36401860
I love lentils. My friend from Iraq makes the best lentil soup. I just don't know how to cook them, but I'll learn
>>
http://cookieandkate.com/2013/west-african-peanut-soup/

I make this but add lentils to it.

Cheap as fuck, tastes amazing, easy to make, can have as much protein as peanut butter/lentils you're willing to add.
>>
>>36401884
Thanks!
>>
>>36401883

Lentils boiled for 10 minutes then rinsed.

Add water, olive oil, salt, tomato paste and an onion and cook for some 20 minutes. Easy lentil soup, you can spice to taste.
>>
>>36401902
I appreciate the help :)
>>
>>36401834
I try to avoid soy when possible, it's possibly one of the least efficient sources and it's super hard to find anything that's actually ethical or gmo free. Also higher allergy risks. Soy a shit. Especially the mock meats they do. Uber processed and tastes like eraser gum.

Peas, lentils, spinach, asparagus, oats... There's a world of things to try. Vegan diet is all about getting creative, not about substitutes. Think of it as an incentive to eat stuff you wouldn't have without the practicality of dairy.

Don't try to emulate what you don't eat, look just behind that and see the whole spectrum of veggies seeds algae flours and oils.

I can guarantee non vegans would have a hard time picturing flour from anything else than wheat
>>
>>36401933
Please explain your reasoning behind your position on soy, because if your arguments fall along the lines I think they do, then those arguments are categorically wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFijCIoq8E

I'm pretty inclined to trust the world's strongest vegan with regards to the efficacy of soy.
>>
>>36401860
>lentils
>bulking

Nigga, what are you doing?
>>
>>36402036
Are you suggesting that lentils aren't in the top 3 best foods that should be involved in a vegan bulk?

If so

>top kek.
>>
>>36397145
Vegans are no better than the Ketofags that they hate so much

Stop being a neurotic fuck that restrict their diet to plants then justify it with emotional appeals
>>
>>36402127

>Seeing people be more moral than me makes me insecure.

You don't have to post here you know.
>>
>>36402127
I'm doing it for health reasons. As I already said above, I cannot process animal fat as well as other people. It's just easier to be vegan than to deal with bloating and indigestion every day.
>>
File: tumblr_nkqcotyVdA1sm22kio1_1280.jpg (146 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkqcotyVdA1sm22kio1_1280.jpg
146 KB, 960x960
>>36402127
>>
File: 1424724694234.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1424724694234.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>36402250
>this much persecution complex
>>
>>36397242
Heard about da scoobs?
>>
>>36402313
No I don't think so.
>>
File: db0.jpg (40 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
db0.jpg
40 KB, 349x642
>>36402267
Okay
>>
>>36402250
looks like that one joy mutant from Lisa
>>
>>36402326
You might know him as the old natty licaroo, but scooby is the original youtube fitnessperson who is big as fuck and also a vegan, he has a critical aproch to most stuff. Look him up
>>
>>36402435
I definitely will!
>>
>>36402250
>>36402340
>those out of context comics

You might be literally autistic senpai, you seem to have problems with communication
>>
File: D0xku2d.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
D0xku2d.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
>>36402472
>>
>>36402447
Forgot to mention that he is a former flightenginer, but now I think he spends most of his time enginering dildos and skatebords. He sure is a great guy.
>>
Pescetarian /fit/ person here

I am a vegan who still eats fish and eggs, there you go.

I'm not sure what there is to say, or what information you need. There's nothing to really know. Get your calories in, train hard.
>>
>>36402728
>vegen
>it fish and egs

I think you missunderstood a little
>>
File: 1456899403652.png (824 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1456899403652.png
824 KB, 1366x768
>>36397145

bro i have a boring diet and people cant stand what i eat :/

any ways i have spinach drinks with blue berries and a tea spoon of cocoa solids, i pack it fall of spinach brah! 3 large cups a day.

3 or 4 frozen bags of broccoli
1 frozen bag of carrots
2 frozen jumbo bags of green peas
2 cans of red beans when i wake up and 2 before i go to sleep.

a small bowl of sweat potato

i gotta get them gains!!!! im a powerlifter and a wanna be strongman
>>
File: 1456721244673.jpg (675 KB, 1983x2644) Image search: [Google]
1456721244673.jpg
675 KB, 1983x2644
>>36402840

mind you i eat my veggies raw i dont cook anything because i need all the nutrients i can get!

i also will have 3 bananas a day and some peaches to snack on :)
>>
>>36397242
So you listen to a green sociopath about diet and lifting? Are you mentally fucking retarded?
>>
>>36399130
It's not about the animals its about the environment
>>
>>36403229
I've seen 1.5 of Vegan Gainz youtube videos. I'm not a man, so they don't really apply to me. I prefer NaturallyStephanie. You don't have to be so fucking rude.
>>
>>36397145
1) supplement b12 or eat fortified foods with it. bretty cheap and absolutely necessary

2)creatine is a cheap supplement that improves muscle performance and studies show it to improve mental capacity. usually it is synthetic.

3)make sure to hit your fiber macros. fiber makes shure that excess estrogen is literally shit out. hitting fiber macros should be easier for us vegans, but it is also more important as

4)soy contains phytoestrogen. it is a less potent form of estrogen and reacts weirdly in your body. while science argues if it does change your hormone levels, some individuals experienced adverse effects from consuming excessive amounts of soy (mostly by drinking soy milk). dont make soy your main/only protein source.

5)check out DHA. it is a compound that is important for optimal functioning of the brain. pretty much the only natural way to get it is to eat a lot of fish. most people (meateaters included) are deficient. do your own research here, IMO the only way to get it reliably in a vegan way is a DHA supplement (or fortified foods).

the got-to non vegan supplement for that is fish oil.
>>
>>36397242
Eat 200lbs of brocoli
>>
>wear vegan shirt at the gym
>not even vegan

D E V I L I S H
>>
>>36401982
well, I assume most of us are natty, and therefore have to keep an eye on their hormone levels.

patrick isnt, and therefore does not have to do that.

>inb4 muh strong vegan idol
he has a world record, and weights way over 105kg at 168 cm without being super fat. he is on large amounts of gear. like every strongman. but still.
>>
>>36403770
Wah, shut up bitch. Reddit sounds more your speed.
>>
>>36404356
This was really informative, thank you.
>>
>>36404407
He set those records before veganism, tard.
>>
>>36404419
There are way too many Tumblerinas there for my taste.
>>
>>36404443
he went vegan in 2011. and set all his world records after that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrik_Baboumian.

the only world record he had before has in the 105kg weight class. which he is unlikely to best as he iirc weights over 125kg now.

so, your post is not only wrong, but also... how is it relevant to the question if he is natty or not?

TL;DR: your mom should have aborted you, and it is obvious from your posts that she tried.
>>
>>36404356
soy milk is metabolised too fast for the pytoestrogen to reach your receptors brah
You'd have to eat a gigantic amount of soy regularly for there to be any effect
>>
>>36405552
If you are getting appropriate protein for lifting and a significant portion of it is sou you ARE eating "a gigantic amount"
>>
>>36399130
youre saying youre not vegan because its too easy???
>>
>>36405573
yeah... if its the only component of your diet but only a retard would try to get all their protein from soy products/just eat soy.
>>
>>36405573
Nope, that'd still not be enough for it to matter. There's a few solid articles floating around on the interwebs in which the math is done, and it's more or less impossible to eat that much soy.
>>
File: 4 months progress.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
4 months progress.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>36397145

Pic related is me after 4 months of training, i was a vegan at that time.
>>
>>36405644
Veganism is fucking full of hippy retards
>>
>>36397145
I'm not taking the piss, but knowing that some people wear shirts to make sure people know they are vegan makes me want to have my daily food intake on a bulk listed in detail on a tshirt.
>>
>>36402435
Scooby is not vegan, he seems to eat whey and eggs with absolutely every meal. He even made a retarded vegan bodybuilding video which was full of fallacies and mom myths.
>>
>>36397242
beans
>>
I been vegan for a month. it's a weird type of feel. I have way more energy but buying food IMO is always the hard part
no eggs,milk,cheese,sardines,tuna,salmon and other shit I enjoy is no longer an option :(
atm I eat
lentils
sweet potatoes
beans
kale/spinach/cabbage
rice
oatmeal
it's okay I live in bumfuck nowhere so I don't have the option of visiting those vegan bakeries I hear abt. Lost weight just based on food being so bland and not wanting to eat.

Might switch to vegetarian idk. but gl anon ! also try asking /ck/
>>
The problem with soy isn't the phytoestrogen; it's the phytates, which are antinutrients.

In order to lower the levels of phytates, you need to ferment the soy. Thus, avoid processed soy stuff, tofu, whole soy beans, all that.

The only soy you should be eating is like tempeh and natto, but who the fuck can afford that shit
>>
>>36406170
You need to add a lot of fruit to that diet. Also, you can eat pastas, seitan (if you can find it or you can make it if you can find vital wheat gluten), nuts are always delicious.

if you need to add anything, make it oysters, as they don't have a CNS and are farmed in an environmentally friendly way generally.
>>
>>36406256
you can make your own tempeh, and soy beans are cheap.
>>
>>36397206
pls don't do that it will make you look like a tool
>>
>>36406510
yeah, if you don't have anything resembling a life

that shit takes like 3 days to make
>>
File: Vegan DT Diet.png (68 KB, 687x433) Image search: [Google]
Vegan DT Diet.png
68 KB, 687x433
>>36397242
This is an NFL DT, 300 pound mountain who does a vegan diet. Not sure how good it is if you want to stay lean, he's a lineman so he's very muscular but also kind of fat. The problem I had with going vegan was getting leaner sources of protein, a lot of vegan diets are higher in carbs which is good for being builtfat like a DT but not so good if you want to be shredded. But if you're bulking, then maybe try something like pic-related
>>
>>36407056
m8
how have you gone this long without realize that "carbs make you fat" is a meme?
>>
>>36401392
so did i
>>
>>36406936
You don't have to be there and watch over the fucking beans, sperglord. You do it in steps, and the total preparation time is 2-3 hours at most over 3 days. You can make a big batch and have it last forever, so you don't have to do it often. Saves a lot of money and gives you room to experiment if you want (you can use different types of beans and lentils, not just soy)
>>
>>36407107
Eating over your caloric needs makes you fat, regardless of what macros make up those excess calories. Is that really hard to understand?
>>
>>36407107

>oversimplifying the role carbs play in body composition
>>
>>36407672
no, but you do need to make sure that the temperature is constant
>>
>>36407842
What the fuck are you even talking about? pls read

>>36407910
I didn't say anything about the role carbs play, apart from they don't make you fat, which they don't. If anything, they help you retain lean mass was burning fat.

Seriously, you guys, Atkins was like a decade ago. Keep up with the rest of us.
>>
>>36407985
I think you misunderstood the post. Carbs don't make you fat, but it's hard to eat a low enough surplus AND get your protein needs with vegan sources. Since you need to eat more calories for the same protein, you gain more fat. It's not that carbs magically make you fat.
>>
>>36402148

>being more moral

I sure hope you don't believe this
>>
>>36407973
That's really not hard unless you live in a drafty barn.
>>
>>36408008
It really isn't, unless you are one of those people who think you need 150g of protein.

ridiculous levels of protein is also a myth
>>
>>36408030
Or anywhere not southeast asia. The way that people normally do it (from my youtube investigations) requires a lot more attention than you're letting on.
>>
>>36407056

>spirulina
>paying $40 for a can of dried algae

I did this once..
>>
>>36408031
>It really isn't, unless you are one of those people who think you need 150g of protein.

If you're weightlifting then yes. Most likely you'll need even more. You think that NFL linebacker got where he was off of 80 grams of protein a day? The only myth here is the vegan one that you can make gains with minimal protein.
>>
>>36408072
>You think that NFL linebacker got where he was off of 80 grams of protein a day?
Probably not, as idiots will never stop spouting memes.

fucking /fit/
>>
>>36408043
You can be complete nerd about it or just just experiment with it. I never killed mine and I never watched over it either. Here's a few tips: if you have floor heating in your bathroom, use it. If you have a room with a water heater, use it. If you have a dehydrator, use it. I even used my ex-gf lazy dog to keep fermenting food at a constant temp because he never moved. Use your imagination.
>>
>>36408142
how would you tell what temperature you're keeping it at? it's not like any random temperature will do, so long as it's constant
>>
>>36408197
You check it in the beginning, and assuming the area remains undisturbed, it'll be fine. I make wine and beer the same way too.
>>
>>36408106
Fucking vegans more like. Literal gains goblins.

>you only need 40 grams of protein bro! The rest should be sinple carbs for energy!
>>
>>36397145
vegan diet isn't healthy though...
>>
>>36408413
I've said this many, many, many times now. I cannot process animal fat as well as other people. It causes bloating and indigestions. Going vegan has prevented me from feeling that way.
>>
>>36408501
why does this sound like bullshit? I think I saw some true life episode where some faggot went vegan because of the exact same thing until it was worse than actually eating meat.
>>
>>36408539
I got my gallbladder out due to gallstones last year. I no longer store bile, which helps break down fat. I've been vegan for two months now and I've felt better than I have for the past year, plus my stomach is a lot flatter and I don't have the gurgles. We all know what the gurgles are, and they suck. I used to get them all the time if I ate animal products, especially milk and cheese.
>>
>>36408591
yeah, you sound like you'll fit right in with faggot vegans
>>
>>36408617
And you sound like an idiot. Once you get your gallbladder out, come talk to me. The Mayo Clinic suggests removing dairy products from your diet if you've had your gallbladder removed, and they also suggest a low fat diet. Meat and dairy products have a lot of fat. Therefore, I don't eat them. I don't WANT to feel like shit all the time, thank you very much.
>>
>>36408645
>The Mayo Clinic
>Meat and dairy products have a lot of fat
is this real life? are you 15?
>>
>>36408655
I'm 20, almost 21. I can link you to the several articles that I've read regarding this, and I'm sure you've read regarding the proper diets after gallbladder removal and I'm sure you've read....none. I'll let the experts, you know the ones with MDs, tell me what I should eat, not some random from the internet.
>>
>>36408655
That sentence was fucked up, but the point stands. I've read a lot about it. I've made my decision. I feel better. That's all that matters.
>>
>>36408681
like I said, you'll fit in perfectly with faggot vegans.
>>
>>36408699
And like I said, you can talk to me once you have your gallbladder removed. Because if you haven't, you don't know shit about it.
>>
>>36408712
you're doing a great job already. It's like you were born for this.
>>
>>36408756
Let's see your degree in nutrition.
>>
>>36408769
I'll show you mine if you show me yours
>>
>>36397145
Why do you ignore biology, anon?

>be omnivore
>refuse to eat animals like a squirrelcuck
>>
>>36408778
I don't need a degree if I do my research from proper sources. You saw this thread...yesterday. I've been looking up veganism for..around five months, but I took the plunge only two months ago. If it's not healthy, how do people not only live to the average life expectancy, but in most cases, surpass it? They would die if they weren't getting the proper nutrients. Somehow, and I don't know how, they manage eating only plants.
>>
>>36397145
>Vegan shills
Sub-human degenerates.
>>
>>36408828
I ignore it because I don't have the average anatomy anymore. I am missing an internal organ, which changes how I digest things. The vegan diet removes my discomfort that I have felt from eating meat, dairy, and eggs after getting my gallbladder removed.
>>
>>36408837
Show me a plant that grows multivitamins, because that's how vegans barely scrape by not dying.

>sickly, frail, and yellow
>I-it's healthy guys!
>>
>>36408837
>I don't need a degree
>live to the average life expectancy, but in most cases, surpass it
wow, you drank that kool-aid hard. Godspeed anon, get back to me when you get your diploma
>>
>>36408857
If you hadn't let yourself become morbidly obese, eating more fat and cholesterol than your liver and gallbladder could handle, you'd still have all your organs.

You're going from one terrible diet to another.
>>
I have gone pretty much vegetarian/vegan as I'm trying to cut for the summer. I'm still eating lunch meat but my dinners are mainly brown rice stir-fry with different mixes of veggies.
Not sure where eggs fall onto the spectrum of vegan or whatever but I'm still eating a couple eggs and a banana for breakfast.
I'll also eat a protein granola bar after I go workout in the afternoons/ a couple hourse before dinner.
Is this a decent diet? What other cutting tips do you guys have. I'm not against meat, I know boiled chicken breast is great. Anything else? I'm trying to slim down by mid-june. I'm trying to lose ~10-15 lbs which shouldn't be too hard as I've been sedentary for the last couple months and was bulking before that.
>>
>>36408868
He looks sickly to me. That's a vegan bodybuilder. I have many more pictures of vegan bodybuilders.
>>
>>36408880
You don't need to be morbidly obese to get gallstones, fucking idiot. Yes, it can make it worse, but it's not necessary. Gallstones are caused by a hormonal imbalance. Try again.
>>
>>36408894
Because no one lies on the internet! Especially when trying to market fitness stuff lel

also
>keeping folders of half naked men
>>
>>36408935
Only obese people and diabetics (also obese) get gallstones.

Hormonal imbalances cause trannyism, not gallstones
>>
>>36408950
no need to respond to him anymore anon, he's read articles on line and is convinced. He's hardheaded and is set on doing something stupid because of stupid reasons. I'm bailing out of this thread now, I suggest you do the same and leave this faggot to his retard ideas.
>>
>>36408828
another retard meat-eater (surely that's redundant at this point) who doesn't understand omnivorism
>>
>>36408937
I just downloaded it two seconds ago from google images. But since I'm a woman, it's not that surprising that I would have images of half-naked men on my computer. Why the fuck would I lie about getting my gallbladder removed?

Nowhere, I mean NOWHERE in my post did I say that it was the healthiest diet. NOWHERE in my post did I say that everyone should go vegan to lose weight. I asked if anyone on here was vegan. You did not have to respond if you don't like/don't agree with vegans, but you chose to, because you're a fucking troll. It's the healthiest choice FOR ME and everyone else can do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>36408977
Yeah. Whoever they are turned it to shit. Fuck.
>>
i can't see myself making such a big commitment for health benefits which i find to be minimal. i really don't care if it provides me a longer life and shit, dying at 87 vs dying at 80 doesn't bother me one jot.
>>
>>36408999
tits or gtfo

Invoking your vagina when you lose an debate
>>
>>36408999
>But since I'm a woman
makes even more sense not. That or this is some high level trolling. 10/10 gj you got me.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>been eating quorn
>didn't realise it had eggs and milk in it
>>
>>36409031
yeah, i mean its pretty much the end of the world
>>
>>36408950
Because you know all about gallstones. Actually, it can be caused by birth control. I had an IUD in for three years. I found out I had gallstones about a year after I got it in. Big coincidence. As I said, hormonal imbalances.
>>
>>36409041
i watched earthlings last night

i never want to consume an animal product ever again
>>
>>36409055
so how much do you weigh? how much did you weigh prior to the gallstones?
>>
>>36409066
then don't
>>
>>36409055
Actually I do. I had a hyper fat neckbeard friend who ended up getting his gallbladder removed because he was so fucking fat. Started doing research to help him with his diet since I had been looking for a way to break it to him that he was too fat.

He started blindly supporting bernie though so we aren't friends anymore.
>>
File: best emma laugh.jpg (240 KB, 1656x1009) Image search: [Google]
best emma laugh.jpg
240 KB, 1656x1009
>being vegan
>>
>>36409066
That's your choice. Good for you :)
>>
>>36409066
i get you. that shit's fucked. buti its not enough t convince me
>>
>>36409066
that's the wrong attitude to have tho. Instead of not eating tortured animals, eat animals you kill yourself.
>>
>>36409072
i'm not going to

i was just pointing out that because i'm stupid i've unknowingly eaten eggs and dairy
that upset me
>>
>>36409091
there's no point in being upset about accidents from the past.

the only thing that matters is what you do henceforth
>>
File: 1457121301994.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1457121301994.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>>36409089
>eat animals you kill yourself.
>>
>>36409091
Why do you care more about animals than the underpaid immigrant slaves that pick your food?
>>
>>36409078
You wouldn't have looked at what could possibly cause it for a woman, then. Birth control is one of the possible causes. It depends on how each person reacts to the synthetic hormones.
>>
>>36409116
newsflash
animals eat plants
>>
>woman
>20
>gallbladder removed from being fat but convinced it was her birthcontrol
>thinks meats are full of fat
>going vegan because it's healthier "for her"
>refuses to listen to anons because she has experience and knowledge, she read mayo clinic

nuke this thread please
>>
>>36409091
dude, if a muslim eats non halal, its ok as long as they didn't know.

if a fucking MUSLIM can find a way to be ok with it then you certainly should be. yes its bad but the animals you save by not consuming eggs and shit is way more than what you doomed in that quorn. don't beat yourself up.
>>
>>36409122
Animals eat other animals too yaknow
>>
>>36409122
>>36409116
stop guys, you're bullying the vegans with too much sense. Stop abusing your brain privilege
>>
>>36409116
>underpaid
>slaves
you guys will literally say anything

What kind of warped morality would a person have to have to actively discourage people from being vegan? There is no argument that it's better for all creatures/people involved and the planet. IF you can't do it because you're too big of a pussy, that's one thing. But why get threatened by others doing it?

>>36409140
not the ones we eat, retard. apart from maybe fish
>>
>>36409133
I didn't just read one article, I've read many. From....experienced doctors, not randoms from 4chan.
>>
>>36409118
>synthetic hormones
this is a masterclass in trolling folks.

>>36409135
z-zippy?
>>
>>36408501
That's cool for you breh. I have IBS and having more than about fifteen grams of fiber in a day makes me wish for the sweet release of death from the stomach pain and bloating. Most of my diet is meat, seafood, eggs, and dairy. However, just because that works for me doesn't mean I'm gonna tell other people that it's good for you, and the same goes for veganism.
>>
>>36409091
>>36409135
yeah i guess you guys are right :)
>>
>>36409118
The causes are universal.

You arent special. we arent talking about cervical cancer or something, we're talking about an organ that botth genders have

Still waiting on those tits since you think your vagina is relevant to this debate.
>>
>>36409157
you're still a fucking idiot. I can give a chimp a chemistry book, doesn't mean he's a qualified chemist after he shits on it
>>
>>36409182
What are you even talking about, dude?

You don't even have an argument
>>
>>36409181
pretty convinced this is a troll thread, but I like how she avoids addressing her weight.
>>
>>36409156
>not the ones we eat, retard. apart from maybe fish
Oh my. You really are stupid aren't you?
Prey animals generally are herbivores. Predators are generally carnivores/omnivores.
It's not that hard to understand.
If you want to live the life of a cozy little prey animal go ahead.
>>
>>36409191
>You don't even have an argument
I do, and you're pretty much proving it with every post.
>>
>>36409202
literally what are you talking about?
Why do you idiots keep saying totally random shit?

>>36409207
As far as I know, this is the first time I've even responded to you.
>>
>>36409221
lol you are a troll. and a good one.
Namaste.
>>
>>36409202
>If you want to live the life of a cozy little prey animal go ahead.
"prey animal" isn't a lifestyle you adopt, you fucking moron.

and omnivorism isn't something you can give up. you can stop eating meat, but that doesn't mean you've eschewed omnivorism.

and also, you fuckers have no idea how omnivorism works
>>
>>36409240
pretty much 100% this

some people can just nail a post
>>
>>36409235
no, I'm someone else entirely
a thing I would have thought incredibly obvious
>>
File: 2356235.jpg (5 KB, 168x300) Image search: [Google]
2356235.jpg
5 KB, 168x300
>>36409240
>Getting this buttblasted
Tell me more of your theories pls
>>
Holy cow you are all REALLY retarded. first time here, and never coming here again lol
>>
>>36409287
there is no theory
it's just fact
you guys totally misunderstand every single aspect of your arguments. it's fascinating.

the most important thing, though, it your utter misunderstanding of how omnivorism works.
you see, you idiots seem to think that being an omnivore means you're SUPPOSED to eat a certain amount of meat and a certain amount of plants.

that's idiotic. the truth is: what we need are nutrients, and omnivorism is an adaptation of opportunity. so, rather than being a requirement to eat some meat, the truth is that omnivorism is an adaptation that allows us to get nutrients from EITHER, almost entirely dependent upon what's available.
>>
>>36409200
I was ten pounds overweight at the time of diagnosis. 5'3, 140 pounds, which is ten pounds over what is considered healthy. There. But just because I was TEN pounds overweight, is irrelevant. The point is, RIGHT NOW, I do not have my gallbladder and eating meat, dairy and eggs gives me indigestion, causes bloating, and can cause diarrhea because of too much fat. So, yes, I feel better on a vegan diet. It is not for everyone. I am not trying to force it on anyone. This thread is for people who were already vegan.
>>
File: 1429733418255.jpg (4 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
1429733418255.jpg
4 KB, 125x115
>>36409309
>never coming here again lol
good
>>
>>36409309
this is not even that bad. look at the outine threads where a mtf tranny tells men interested solely in bodybuilding that benching 6 times a month is the fastest way to build a big chest.

come here only for the memes.
>>
File: candyland.jpg (4 KB, 348x145) Image search: [Google]
candyland.jpg
4 KB, 348x145
>>36409410
Called it.

Gallstones = obese.

140 is about 30-40lbs overweight for a 5'3" female
>>
>>36409767
Um. Bmi was 24.8 at the time. That's not in the obese category? According to doctors and scientists. It's not at the lower end of healthy, but it is in the higher end. Cut off for healthy bmi is 25.0. I don't know where you get your information from. Put it into most bmi calculators, it's 24.8.
>>
File: cruisebob.png (577 KB, 1902x1573) Image search: [Google]
cruisebob.png
577 KB, 1902x1573
>>36409814
>when literally a quarter of your physical being is pure lard, you're healthy
>>
>>36409849
what are you even talking about?

24.8 is within the range of healthy. this isn't up for debate; it's just true

also, you realize that bmi and bf% are totally different, right?
>>
File: triggered.jpg (14 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
14 KB, 480x270
>>36409863
Don't get mad Jupiter you might have a heart stroke
>>
>>36409849
I'm just saying what the doctors say is healthy. :) They apparently do think that 25% body fat is healthy. I'm going to trust the MDs.
>>
>>36409880
>I was just trolling
no, you're an idiot

you don't understand bmi at all. doesn't it trouble to realize that you're spouting shit without even understanding thing one? I mean, you probably do this in your regular life a lot. what must people think? they probably think you're retarded
>>
>>36409849
>>36409880
pure and undistilled autism
>>
>>36409901
bmi isn't body fat. they are totally different metrics

incidentally, for a woman, 25% isn't that bad. it's a bit up there, but nothing too bad
>>
>>36409901
Yes listen to the people who get paid to make sure you aren't healthy.
>>
>>36409133
>woman
>20
>gallbladder removed from being fat but convinced it was her birthcontrol
>thinks meats are full of fat
>going vegan because it's healthier "for her"
>refuses to listen to anons because she has experience and knowledge, she read mayo clinic
>is fat
>uses bmi as a metric for anything
>blind belief of everything doctors and scientists say

nuke this thread please
>>
>>36409951
Go ahead. I'm getting tired of this argument anyways. There are tons of healthy vegans out there. I'm not pushing veganism on anyone, I just wanted advice.
>>
>>36401933
>gmo free
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>36410069
>There are tons of healthy vegans out there
there really isn't

>I just wanted advice.
a vegan diet isn't smart. There are foods you can eat with you "condition." I would say be smart about it, but that seems like asking too much.
>>
Been trying a vegan diet for about 7 weeks and added to my totals and lost about 2-3 lb of fat.

Im eating 3500 kcal a day and somehow lost weight. When i ate that amount and consume animal products i gained weight pretty quick.

Lifts gone up pretty nice repping 100kg bench paused for 5

Diddy lift 220 for 2

and my squat has gained nicely too repped 130kg for 10 ATG

Living of loads of green veg, beans and grains.
>>
>>36410091
>there really isn't
citation needed

lets just ignore all the studies where meateaters have higher all cause mortality even after adjustments for all kinds of things.
>>
>>36410142

>all of the studies that I don't post

FTFY
>>
>>36404356
Try linseeds for omega 3.
>>
>>36407056
Hahaha enjoy drinking the same fucking 20 ounce bean smoothie four times a day and inbetween eat rice and later a different kind of rice.

>>36409863
Gotta love women; "BMI is pure unscientific bullshit" if it doesn't fit, "omg this isn't up for debate it's science" when it fits them.

And no offense, giving us a weight that conveniently scratches that BMI by 0.2 makes me think that 140 wasn't your max weight.

And last, you don't just magically get unhealthy when you cross the 25.0 line - thinking you don't get obesity effects at 24.8 is hilarious.
>>
>>36410123
That's really nice. :)
>>
>>36410203
I never said bmi was bullshit. Again, 25.0 is the cutoff for OVERWEIGHT, not OBESE. There is a difference. 30.0 is the start of an obese bmi. Being a little overweight -and I mean about ten pounds- should not give you obesity related illnesses.
>>
>>36410237

But srs question why am i losing weight on high calories, yet still energetic and feel stronger.

Can you really build muscle and lose weight, or is it from shitting 6 times a day.
>>
>>36410277
I'm not really invested in this and I don't know anything about the topic either, I completely believe that it could've been BC and I tell my girlfriend not to get an IUD.

All I'm saying is that even small amounts of fat can have a huge impact on your body and BMI is nothing but an indicator.

You can have a BMI of 20 but if you have one pound of the bad belly fat fucking with your insulin or surrounding your liver, it can be just as bad as someone with a BMI of 30.

Anyway, not really what the thread was supposed to be about. If you're a girl, you don't need a ton of food and you don't need a ton of protein, so it's much easier to be vegan - there's nothing /fit/ related about it other than that you should count your calories. You'll find enough recipes and foods with 5 mins of googling.
>>
>>36410347
It's probably a mix of things:

1. Placebo effect when it comes to "feeling more energetic".
2. There are usually less hidden calories in vegan food, think of all the oil you use for omelettes, meat etc.
3. Most importantly: The calories stated on a food are guesswork, they're not scientifically accurate. This is especially the case with plant foods. For example, it's believed that while walnuts theoretically "burn" for 680kcal/100g, the body actually only absorbs 80% of those calories.
4. Vegan diets are less fat usually, and a stomach full of fat makes you perform worse in the gym.
5. It's not all that simple - maybe one day you're losing water weight after eating a lot of rice and make gains while "losing" weight, etc.
>>
>>36410347
you probably get a lot of calories from fiber, which you don't actually absorb, which would explain shitting 6 times a day.
>>
>>36410353
I agree with you, and I'm not saying I was completely healthy at the time, I just don't think that being ten pounds overweight is what caused my gallstones. I did not develop them until I got the IUD in, and I'd been the same weight for 3 years. I don't think it's a coincidence that shortly after I got it in, I developed gallstones. There is a reason gallstones are more likely in women. Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it.
>>
>>36410149
http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleID=1710093

now you post a study where it is proven that vegans can`t be healthy. go ahead. I am waiting.

>>36410431
>3. Most importantly: The calories stated on a food are guesswork, they're not scientifically accurate. This is especially the case with plant foods. For example, it's believed that while walnuts theoretically "burn" for 680kcal/100g, the body actually only absorbs 80% of those calories.
even more so for processed foods. food processing makes digestion easier and therefore dramatically increases the calories we can/will get from lets say 100 g of potatoes.
>>
>>36410536
That's true; I was just talking about the difference between animal-based (which we usually absorb really well) and plant-based (whcih we usually have a hard time absorving).
>>
>>36410536
Thank you! I was trying to find a good article on pubmed but I couldn't. I'm so glad you got it from an actual medical journal and not some vegan website so they have no reason to suspect the results are biased.
>>
http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1832195&resultClick=3

Here's another: Vegan/vegetarian diets are associated with lower blood pressure.
>>
>>36410431
I think my diet was quite deficient before, very few veg or fruit most calories came from chicken and rice.

I would credit this to the greater energy, not so much that a vegan diet is better but for me allows me to eat better and get all my micronutrients.

Im already eating 7 meal a day, starting to feel like wealthy piano, gaining weight definitely feels harder.
>>
File: hazard ratios.png (221 KB, 1017x621) Image search: [Google]
hazard ratios.png
221 KB, 1017x621
>>36410536
>>36410577

Onlooker here who's familiar with that study. What's probably going to happen is someone will read the results summary and point out that the vegans in that study had a higher all-cause mortality than pescetarians, and go "a-ha! vegan a shit!" It should be pointed out that these are the numbers for both men and women combined. When you separate it by gender, male vegans came out as the healthiest group while female vegans struggled more, particularly with cardiovascular disease, which would affect their overall mortality rates as well. (table 4, in pic)

You might wonder why male vegans were so protected from heart disease while female vegans were at such a higher risk. This probably has to do with confounding caused by differing rates of hormone treatment in the women being studied. The study authors commented that "of postmenopausal women, far fewer vegans were receiving hormone therapy." Since hormone therapy also has an effect on heart disease in women, this could have biased the data against them when adjusted. If you look at the data for men as a more accurate measure, it's better in every way (even better heart health when not eating fish than eating fish).

Every veg was better off than the regular meat eaters.
>>
>>36410745
>the regular meat eaters.
If you compared any individual living a healthy and active lifestyle with the regular meat eater they would be healthier and better off statistically. This include individuals eating meat. Big difference between eating mackerel and eating Mickie D's, anon.
>>
>>36410852

By regular meat eaters I meant the people who ate meat regularly. This study took place in Loma Linda, California, a "blue zone" where the people are known for living healthfully and having longer lifespans than the rest of the US, including the meat eaters. McDonalds isn't an excuse in this case.
>>
>>36410745
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>36397145
>vegan fits
daily reminder that there isn't a single natty vegan body builder that looks impressive.
They all come out looking scrawny like le may may VG green goblin.
>>
File: Bill Simmons.jpg (5 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Bill Simmons.jpg
5 KB, 220x220
>>36410916
He looks pretty impressive to me.
>>
>>36410916
Are there any natty BB that are impressive at all ?
>>
>>36410916
>natty lifting
daily reminder that there is not a single natty body builder that looks impressive.

They all come out looking scrawny
>>
File: Jim Morris at 61.jpg (33 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
Jim Morris at 61.jpg
33 KB, 320x400
There's also this one.
>>
File: Patrik Baboumian.jpg (5 KB, 151x220) Image search: [Google]
Patrik Baboumian.jpg
5 KB, 151x220
Idk if he's natty but there's also this one.
>>
i actually just stopped a vegan diet after 7 months...i found it hard to get 100+ g of protein each day

for a cutting diet should i really have been oats,nuts,beans and vegetables every day?

was i doing it wrong the whole time?
>>
Why do people think you cant make gains on a vegan diet?

Its easy to get enough protein, im eating 180-200g a day without much trouble.

What makes protein from a chickpea or broccoli inferior to that of a steak?
>>
>>36410985

You should be eating mostly beans and lentils in your meals for protein. Red lentils are GOAT.
>>
>>36402127
and from a person who has done both diets. it doesn't fuckin mater as long as you're getting your macros and exercising. the diet is just a tool for validation. of your're doing it for health reasons good for you, but no one needs to know, keep it to yourself
>>
>>36411035
Protein from plants is actually better for you than protein from meat. Protein from meat is slightly acidic so if you eat too much of it, it takes some of the calcium from your bones to make your blood more basic. Or so I've heard, I don't know the validity. I didn't see that in a medical journal.
>>
>>36410890
The point is that most vegans will a) pay more attention to things like food and lifestyle, b) will have higher socioeconomic status and c) will be much more likely to eat superfoods etc.

Basically, you need to compare people who have the EXACT same lifestyle and meal plan except that one person ADDS meat to it.

Because otherwise, yes, the person who eats tons of kale and walnuts etc. will come out on top. That says absolutely nothing about whether it's better to get your protein from meat or plants though, for example.
>>
>>36410985
Tin of beans, 300 kcal 25g protein
40g of vegan protein 150 kcal 36g protein

that is 450 kcal and 60g of protein. How many calories you consuming? i cut on 2700 and dont struggle with macros.
>>
He looks pretty weak. I think he's dying from being vegan.
>>
>>36411044
true....i only ate maybe 300 cal worth of beans every day

should i try to give it another go?
>>
>>36410975

>top level athlete
>Idk if he's natty

laughing girls.jpg
>>
File: ad_178415958.jpg (30 KB, 748x498) Image search: [Google]
ad_178415958.jpg
30 KB, 748x498
>>36411097
That would have worked better if I had actually included the picture.
>>
>>36411095
i wasnt eating the whole can of beans.....and i was buying vegan protein because the prices are high around where i live

maybe ill give it another go
>>
>>36410975
>Idk if he's natty
he has multiple world records in strongman, the probably most roided up sport in the world. also, he weights over 125kg without being a total blob of fat. at 168cm.

he is less likely to be natty then kali muscle.

>>36411035
>180-200g a day without much trouble.
how? I need to know.

>>36411078
the study linked is about adventists. one of the building blocks of their religion is to live a healthy life.

sure you could argue that the vegan ones take that more seriously, but it still stands to reason that the normal adventists didn't eat only fast food and smoked meth.
>>
>>36411108
I didn't know he was top level. I googled 'natural vegan bodybuilders' and he is what popped up.
>>
>>36411107
It's your choice. Do what you feel is best for you and your health.
>>
>>36411107
Aim for about 3 tins a day mix them up, cook them with some green veg.

Invest in a protein powder, on amazon you can get 3kg for under £30
>>
>>36411128
>. I googled 'natural vegan bodybuilders' and he is what popped up.
>I googled 'natural vegan bodybuilders'
>I googled 'natural bodybuilders'
>and expected them to be natty

you are the girl OP aren't you?
>>
>>36411107

When I was trying things out, I found that if I started the day with a big bowl of oats, had some black beans or kidney beans for lunch, and then lentils for dinner, green veg with nuts at meals and fruits as snacks, I'd hit about 150g+ protein from all sources
>>
File: photo-2.jpg (424 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
photo-2.jpg
424 KB, 1936x1936
Vegan bodybuilder, she's been vegan since birth.
>>
>>36411141
>>36411142
thanks

ill do some research and look for brands.......plus ill stop buying the fake vegan products like seitan and stuff....never shit more than once a day
>>
>>36411178
You can make your own seitan, I know some vegans who have done it before.
>>
>>36411159
You caught me. Yes, I know how unreliable the internet can be. Point is, they are all vegan, even if some of them aren't natural.
>>
>>36397437
I feel like we could be friends.
>>
>>36411177
Vegan from birth
Breatfed
Pick one
>>
>>36411126

This is what i ate yesterday

Meal 1
1 protein shake
175g mixed beans with lemon juices and seasoning
1 wholemeal pitta bread

Meal 2
240g black eye beans
25g linseed
100g frozen spinach
1tbps of Olive oil
2 slices of 50/50 bread

Meal 3
175g Black eye beans
10ml olive oil
200g spinach
100g bulgar wheat dry
half tin of chopped tomato, garlic and chillies

meal 4
250g carrots
150g bak choi
1 red pepper
220g tofu
10g coconut oil
100g dried rice noodles

meal 5
40g protein powder
75g coconut yogurt

My nutrition for the day was.
77g fat
190g protein
335g carbs
3000 kcal
I could have left the oil out if i wanted to lose weight but trying to mains gains at the moment.
>>
>>36411184
i actually did make my own.....for the price you get like a weeks worth.....problem was i think my body didnt digest it well
>>
>>36411177
Looks like she's vegan at death too
>>
File: 2016-03-06_27648085.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-06_27648085.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
>>36411193
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
mfw thinking about u hurting
>>
>>36402148
Hardcover Christians are more moral than me in a lot of ways but it doesn't mean I become insecure because of it. Like fuck, that doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>36411212
What protein powder do you use?
>>
>>36411078

You're making too many assumptions to excuse the results. It's funny how before the science gets posted, everyone's opinion is "vegans are all sick and unhealthy and get no nutrients" and then afterwards it changes to "vegans are only healthy because they're all physically fit and eat lots of healthy food"

Even when we look at a population where everyone is known to have healthconscious behavior and diet, the people who have meat in their diet, and to a lesser extent dairy and eggs, are less healthy. Here's another study on healthconcious meat eaters vs vegetarians

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/3/525s.full

They had the vegetarian participants recruit friends and family of similar socioeconomic status and lifestyle to be compared to. The mortality rates of the whole cohort were half that of the rest of the British population, so they weren't studying people with shitty diet and habits. The results still showed that vegetarians had significantly lower death rates, less cardiovascular disease, and less cancer.

Cardiovascular disease is the most obviously related to meat. What happens when people have the exact same lifestyle and meal plan except one adds meat? The one with the added meat has an added risk of developing cardiovascular disease.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7019459
>>
>>36411260

Nutrisport 3 kg 90 Plus Vegan Protein

I buy of amazon
>>
>>36411219
She's...not dead. Source? I'm not seeing anything.
>>
>>36411275
Thanks. :)
>>
>>36411218
Oh no! Well there are other options.
>>
>>36411272

Also gotta head out now, just wanted to throw in some discussion while the thread is up
>>
>>36411344
Thanks for participating.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.