[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quitting smoking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: When-You-Quit-Smoking.jpg (67 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
When-You-Quit-Smoking.jpg
67 KB, 1600x1071
Any protips?
>went whole weekend without smoking at all
>went through whole workday today (Monday) without smoking
>got home and felt the urge
>searched through my garbage (literally) and by luck found one whole cigarette
>smoked it
>dat euphoria
>now considering going out and buying a whole pack

>inb4 just stop faggit
>inb4 you're an idiot for ever starting
>>
>>36388710
you'll quit when you want to, not before.
it won't be easy, even then.
you can do it, just don't let your guard down - even for "one cigarette"
it's not a short term thing like a 3 months
it's a life long thing, like lifting
butt out bruv
>>
>>36389389
How true this is.
There'll just be some random day where you think "Yeah, I'm going to stop now" and then you will.
The first time this happened to me I ended up smoking again after like 6 months.
This time I'm hoping its for good.
>>
Protip: there are environmental triggers for when you want to smoke. Recognize them and remove them from your life.
>>
>>36388710
Spend hours and hours on anti smoking sites reading about the dammage that it causes. Let it simmer in your mind how utterly digusting smoking really is for a while. And then just stop. It is really fucking easy contrary to what people will say. After 1 week the withdrawals are 95% over. And the worst is just the 3-4 first days. You don't think this is true, but it is because it be.
>>
>>36388710
My grandma just quit smoking about 5 months ago. After smoking for 50+ years she just up and stopped. So can you. Stop being a pussy.
>>
You're all weak-willed and stupid people
>>
Smoked pack a day if not more for 5+ years. Tried the gum,patches and bunch of the pills with no luck.

I know everyone in America seems to hate vapes, but I made the switch and literally never smoked again. Used the vape going down in nicotine strength slowly. 6 months later stopped vaping.

Recommend kangertech subox.
Vapewild juice.

If you don't vape in public I don't see why anyone would label you a fag.
>>
>>36389432
>triggers
>>waking up
>>eating
>>drinking
>>relaxing
>>stress
>>boredom

Yeah, just eliminate all that from your life and you're good to go
>>
>>36390259
kanger subox is the shit, can confirm
go with .5 ohm coils otherwise you'll be buying new coils every month. I may also be a retard that burns out his coils
take shrooms and youll go through 2 packs in a night. then you'll wake up and you'll barely be able to breathe and be so sick of it you'll never want to smoke again
>>
If you can go three days without smoking, you can go a lifetime.
>>
Someone posted this in a thread i started a week or so back, and it helped me be smoke free since then:

This is the most important advice you might ever hear. This is the thought thst got me through it:

The feeling of cravings you have are because your receptors are empty, there is no nicotine in them.

When there is no nicotine in there, your body slowly begins to destroy those receptors, bringing them back to a normal level.

Thus, cravings are literally your addiction burning out of your brain.

Think of cigarettes as the enemy, and you pushing through that craving is you overcoming cigarettes. It will eventually pass. Maybe you might slip up, but never give up. That's the key man.
>>
>>36390521
>take shrooms
>suddenly some hours in start feeling weird, tripping already so it's not that
>oh, it's the urge to smoke!
>why do I need to smoke to feel normal?
>3 months later, smoke free after 10 years of smoking half a pack per day
>>
>>36390584
iktf man
I read a scanner darkly on the tail end of a major acid trip in college and the whole addiction spiel really affected me
>>
File: 1455684158429.jpg (294 KB, 966x1407) Image search: [Google]
1455684158429.jpg
294 KB, 966x1407
You can do it anon.
You must want to quit
as much as you want to breath.
Imagine fighting to breath and everything starting to go black, but you wont give up. You demand to breath!
Also, try vaping to help curb the urge, its no replacement mind you. It is a like other anon said, a struggle just like deciding to lift for the rest of your life.
>experience
>>
>been smoking about a pack every 2 weeks for 3 years
>this thread is worrying me
most i've ever smoked is like 5 a day, haven't even come close to getting addicted, i just smoke socially and when drinking. am i fucked?
>>
>>36390259
this
used to smoke a half pack a day, began to affect my lifting and cardio (duh), so I switched to vaping. Haven't smoked in almost 3 months, I have also slowly been working down to lower nicotine levels, I don't know if I will continue to vape or not.
>>
File: kanger.png (2 MB, 1001x1797) Image search: [Google]
kanger.png
2 MB, 1001x1797
>>36388710
>>36388710
>2016
>not vaping delicious liquids
>not controlling your nicotine intake perfectly
>being a tobacco pleb

ISHYGDDT

Pic Related: My Nicotine inhaler
>>
>>36390766
Fag
>>
>>36390766
You vape faggots are literally the worst. You are like the HAES movement of quitting smoking. You try and get all the satisfaction of actually quitting with none of the difficulty of actually doing it. Vaping has a place as an aid to quitting but until you drop that shit you are still an weak willed fucking addict. Quit smoking for 7 years btw still get cravings once a twice a week.
>>
How do you fuckers get hooked on this? It's literally the dumbest shit ever. It doesn't even do anything except make your mouth taste bad and give you cancer. Jesus. If I was going to sacrifice that amount of time and money on a substance it should also least get me fucking high or drunk. You fuckers are retards of the first degree.
>>
>>36391037

we desperately wanted to look cool at 16
>>
>>36391037
They're all betas who needed someway, even if just one, to fit in with others.
>Muh smoke break conversation starter
I'm sure they'll continue their special club in the cancer ward group therapy circles too. Far more annoying than potheads, smell worse and stink permanently too. Any parent who smokes should have their children taken away from them
>>
I switched to vaping about 2 months ago and holy shit, you gotta watch out how much you vape. My sleep has suffered terribly because of it, and now I try not to vape after 10 pm. I'd actually start having vivid hypnogogic hallucinations where I'd question my own sanity.
Or I might actually be going mad, but waking up from dozing with a horrible anxiety because I started to see distorted faces and eyes all the time has taken a toll on me.
Nicotine can be great, but I'm going to reduce it slowly.
>>
>>36390846
Its not an aid to quit smoking you dumb fuck.

"you vape faggots are the worst"

Yeah, so fucking bad because we still enjoy nicotine buzz without stinking like a burnt asshole and suffering huge health problems.

Just another insecure dickhead hating on people.

3/10 made me reply. Go hate elsewhere sook.
>>
I don't get how people can smoke cigarettes when I do I feel like shit I get really bad headaches I just don't get it
>>
Try some oxy
>>
Just chew tobacco it's way healthier
>>
>>36388710
>>36388710

Varenicline

That's your answer bro
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.