[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here cycle? I just signed up for a 300 mile 24hr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Military_cyclists_in_pace_line.jpg (1 MB, 2836x1928) Image search: [Google]
Military_cyclists_in_pace_line.jpg
1 MB, 2836x1928
Does anyone here cycle?

I just signed up for a 300 mile 24hr bike ride from Newcastle to London.

The most cardio I haver ever done is a 10km fell run followed by a 26km bike and then a 6km which I did after a night drinking.

I have 5 months to prepare.
>>
>>36386893
I do nearly everyday, but the most I've ridden at one time was 50mi over the course of 3hr
>>
File: 1456018030505.png (875 KB, 1653x1023) Image search: [Google]
1456018030505.png
875 KB, 1653x1023
>>36386893
>sponsored cyclist here
I don't know what kind of bike you have but just from your post, I can tell theres no way you could cycle 300 miles in 24 miles.
>>
I really should more but having 4 seasons sucks. At least it is almost spring.
Plus all I have right now is a fixie and I miss having a road bike. Any advice on decently priced road bikes? I mostly used a shitty 80's Huffy, so anything lighter than 1000lbs would be amazing.
>>
>>36388139
Last time I saw a guy doing that I slapped his ass then blew him a kiss while popping a fat ass backfire as I went past. No homo.
>>
>>36388187
Oh that was you?
>>
>>36388206
you know it bby
>>
Hope youre practicing. I did a 100 mile bike ride with a pit stop every 25 miles to chill and eat for 20 mins. Took me 7 hours. The hardest part was keeping my wrists and ass from hurting. Wrists hurt from holding myself up on the handle bars, make sure you have some comfy support and youre not just gripping taped metal bars like i was. Make sure you get a comfy seat and nice chamois shorts. I had the shorts but i was riding a 70s bike and it wasnt exactly comfortable.
>>
File: 1384657951483.png (886 KB, 1280x982) Image search: [Google]
1384657951483.png
886 KB, 1280x982
>>36386893

At 15mph it will take you 20 hours of constant cycling to cover 300 miles. At 20 mph it will take you 15 hours of constant cycling.

You should ask serious cyclists in your area what a good training program is. I commute by bike but I've never considered signing up for a 24hr ride like this before.
>>
>>36388255
Even with the right training program, he would need a decent road bike, proper fit, and enough miles to be able to handle that much riding. Even at an easy pace its too much riding at his skill level.
>>
>300 miles
Easy mode.
>>
>>36386893
Cyclist here.

The thing with the bicycle is that you don't get tired in the traditional way.
The mayor obstacle with great distances is the pain. Pain in the ass, pain in your tights, pain in your lower back and shoulders. This pains kills you before the tiredness does

You should get a "fitting" on your bike if you have not done it already. Also I would recommend some resting handlebars
>>
>>36386893
Yeah, usually tren and dbol.
>>
>>36386893
5 months is not enough time to prepare.
You have no one else to blame but yourself.
>>
I've been cycling for a year. Did 135 miles over the weekend. First time I ridden two long rides back to back.
>>
>>36386893
Puzzlemaster here, go for it but train hard for a year. I have done three 200 mike races and they are brutal. Cant imagine doing another 100. I dont use drugs that strong :).
>>
File: 1457748098040.jpg (141 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
1457748098040.jpg
141 KB, 600x640
>>36386893
I traveled from Yokosuka to Kyoto which is roughly 325 miles with detours, which took about 5 days. We took the Hakone Pass, which was a huge detour, which was actually our only option.

Great time, but I had never toured before and did it kick my ass.
>>
>>36386893
You can try, but you will probably fail, unless you're in great fucking form already.

Other than that: train, eat and sleep, nothing but that for the next couple of months. Finish first month with a 100 mile ride, second month with 150 mile, 3rd with 200, 4th with 250. If you fail any of these, don't even bother starting.
>>
How the hell can I lift 3 days a week while cycling 3 days a week?! I do a lot of mountain biking. 60-70 miles and 7k-8k climbing. Good mix of fire roads, rocky tech climbs, rooty rocky bermed descents with lots of jumps and drops. I find full body strength is important for AM style of riding but doing squats and deadlifts in my lifting routine followed by a brisk pace ride the next day sucks. I really want to focus on being fast and maneuverable on my bike but I also don't want to look like a DYEL. What the fuck do I do?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.