[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /sunbed/? A nice tan goes hand in hand with a good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: tanning bed.jpg (17 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
tanning bed.jpg
17 KB, 400x299
Who here /sunbed/?

A nice tan goes hand in hand with a good, thick, tight body. You don't seriously ruin your aesthetics with that pale white skin, do you mate?

How long have you been going? What's your routine?

>in b4 guaranteed skin cancer you will die in 50-60 years!!!!!

who gives a fuck
>>
>using a tanning bed
>not going outside and doing sprints shirtless
you got to go natty when it comes to tanning
>>
>>36383153
You will literally get skin cancer this way. It also speeds up aging. There are zero long term benefits
>>
File: 15.gif (573 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
15.gif
573 KB, 300x100
>>
>>36383153

/skincancer/ general
>>
>>36383189

that's great but I'll worry about it when my use gets excessive (which it won't) when I've been using them for years (which I won't)
>>
>>36383213
It doesn't even have to be excessive. Regularly, even just once every few months, is enough. Tanning + going out in the sun is excessive
>>
I started using them recently

I am not sure if I can even tan at this point. I did 6 sessions of four minutes to start with over about 3 weeks. Did two of those nude and two of those with a vest on (I have some stretch marks from when I was fat which I don't want to fuck up).

I did a 6 minute session last Thursday and a 6 minute today too.

Nothing really seems to be happening. How long is this meant to take? Around my neck is a bit darker than the rest but the rest of me seems to have no change at all. I should see something concrete by now surely?
>>
Getting a tan naturally from time spent out in the sun is one thing, but tanning salons are one of those things that were only invented to exploit below average intelligence members of society
>>
>>36383243

not buying it

every fanny that goes on holiday several times per year would be virtually guaranteed cancer if this was the case.
>>
Why is it that Burgers always say skincancer once they hear the word tanning bed

Think about it, if it really increased your chance of skincancer extremely, would the European Union allow it? (I'm saying European Union, because the US still allows shit like Arsenic Laced Chicken or 'beef' that is less than 50% beef)

Yes, tanning beds increase the chance of skincancer by less than 1% if you do it once in a somewhat time. But so does sitting at the beach for 5 hours.

Better yet, i'm now white as fuark. The doc recommend me either some sun or tanning station to look what healthier and get some Vitamin D
>>
>>36383284
and they are, you'd be surprised how many of the 'cool, tan partyers' will develop skin cancer.
>>
>>36383153
tanning beds are for girls, just do shit outside in the spring so you don't blind people by the time beach season comes, and if you don't/can't go to the beach often enough to become a golden boy then you're a faggot anyway
>>
>>36383375

but most people are not trying to become negros

I doubt I will go over 10 minute sessions once or twice per week. And I live in Scotland so I get no ambient sun.
>>
>>36383284
lol yeah they do. And for people with a family history of skin cancer or a lot of moles, the risk is increased a fuck ton. Skin cancer is very common.
>>
>Mother Nature grants pristine white skin to the lucky few
>they pay to artificially darken it in a hope to have a cameo in a wildlife documentary on Brazilian baboons
>>
>>36383394
That's a lot. If you maintain a tan you'll probably get skin cancer. And there is still enough sun there to do extra damage
>>
>>36383396

do you really live your life this way? not doing anything or experimenting or visiting places for fear of some illness in 40 years?

everyone dies of something mate. do you really want to linger on until your 80s where you're virtually guaranteed of being barely capable of walking up steps? I certainly don't
>>
>>36383189

No but it's extremely small risk long term and it does have short term benefits, my buddy did it once every few weeks and his body acne totally cleared up
>>
I have a natural good looking tan. So I don't have to age up my skin .
>>
>>36383433
No, I just always wear sun block like you are supposed to do. And it's not lengthening your life at 80, think more like 50.

Also yes cancer is a horrible way to die so I will do my best to avoid getting it. And it's healthy to not have cancer. I thought /fit/ actively cared about maintaining good health
>>
>>36383474
or even 30 - 40 desu senpai
>>
>>36383394
that's worse. your body isn't used to it. if you're pale by genetics then tanning is even worse for you. why do you think irish people burn so badly, they're skin is normally pale as fuck and not used to the sun exposure, so it hurts them more.
>>
I plan on using tanning beds at some point.

Melenoma runs in my family, but I figure I'm just as likely to die from getting it genetically anyway, as I am from using a sunbed.

Living in the UK (which I love in every way except for the weather) getting a tan from the sun isn't really an option.

When I do manage to go abroad, I tan very nicely, like a Mediterranean olive-y colour.

I agree that it is mental that people lift and get a good physique, and do so for aesthetics, but still look pastey and white. It's like building a nice house but not bothering to paint or decorate.

>>36383443 - Interesting point on the acne. I don't have proper acne, but get a bit of a spotty back at times. Wonder if tanning would have the same effect on me?
>>
>>36383153
>implying beautiful pale white skin isnt aesthetic as fook
>>
File: Tanning-Mom-Original1.jpg (30 KB, 276x367) Image search: [Google]
Tanning-Mom-Original1.jpg
30 KB, 276x367
>>36383153
I don't care about you, but please don't ruin the qts
>>
>look sexy and toned
>die faster

Are there any downsides?
>>
I just go outside a couple times. Probably a cumulative 6 hours in the sun is enough to give me a nice coffee and cream colour.
>>
>>36383153
>die in 50-60 years
That's a normal amount of time anon
>>
Why don't you just go outside
>>
File: 1448950941554.jpg (13 KB, 283x273) Image search: [Google]
1448950941554.jpg
13 KB, 283x273
>>36383153
lol paying to get skin cancer.

Skin cancer is perhaps the most painful type of cancer.

Tanning also ages your skin, so your skin will become dry and less elastic. So you'll look like shit well before you should have.
>>
>>36383893

we've had this conversation and your memes
>>
File: 1457655331157.jpg (31 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
1457655331157.jpg
31 KB, 353x353
>falling for the ultravioliet jew
>>
>>36383893
By then we'll all have swaggy robot bodies anyway. You worry too much. Besides everyone looks like shit at 70. You can look like shit while having had a lot of fun outside etc. or you can look like slightly less shit and have stayed in a cool clammy basement eating chalk your whole life.
>>
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm186687.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2913608/
>>
Realistically, what can someone that doesn't have their own private yard do outside shirtless that wouldn't be considered indecent?

Is jogging shirtless acceptable? Should I reserve it to only at parks and not along roads?
>>
>>36383198
YO YO GALLO SENGEN
>>
I do 12 minutes a week. I kek every time I see some pale faggot
>>
>>36384034
Depends on where you live. I'll be doing that in a couple months, I expect a couple catcalls a bunch of dudes calling me a faggot and maybe a fatty or two telling me to put a shirt on.

But I live in a rural area full of fatties, they don't say shit if you've got a gut but they get pissed if you have abs.
>>
File: YO YO.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
YO YO.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>36384053
>>
>who gives a fuck
Yeah who gives a fuck that you will almost certainly get skin cancer just because you wanted to "look pretty" with a sandnigger faggot skin.
>>
>>36384072
>"pale faggot"
>literally pays to look like a faggot and get skin cancer
Lol might as well kill yourself now
>>
>>36383153
Basically a requirement for being stage ready.
I usually hit it once a week at 8 & 7 weeks out, twice a week from week 6-2, then three times a week the last two weeks. Spray tan on top of that base and I actually look great.
>>
>>36383283
what about the billion of people living in places
where there are literally 15 days a year where
there is a possibility to be outside shirtless,
and it being sunny at the same time
>>
>>36383153
>in 50-60 years
Try 15.
>>
>>36383153
Why would you go in a tan bed in a bikini? Go nude stupid bitch, that's what tan beds are for.
>>
>>36383345
>The doc recommend me tanning station
Liar. No decent doc will ever tell you to expose yourself to artificial UV rays.
>>
>>36383893
>Skin cancer is perhaps the most painful type of cancer.
Are you retarded?

Do you even remotely know how does cancer work?
>>
Why not just get a spray tan
>>
>>36383270
4 minutes, thats your problem. I do 12-16mins and im pretty tanned after 5 sessions already. 5 more and im nigger.
>>
>>36384992
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>36383153
only if you enjoy cancer

just go outside and put some sunscreen and tan, think it as if it was progressing on your compounds
slowly but surely gaining that tan unless you like having no protection and up the possibility of cancer
>>
>>36385098
That and them vitamin d gains
>>
>>36383153
Does getting a tan in sunbeds increase the risk of cancer as much as getting the same amount of tan in natural sunlight? I understand it's quicker in a sunbed, but proportionately, would browning in the sun be less harmful?
I know tanning in the sun is harmful if done a lot, like sunbeds, but are they equally cancerous?
>>
File: 1444819735277.jpg (20 KB, 376x429) Image search: [Google]
1444819735277.jpg
20 KB, 376x429
>>36384970
>Do you even remotely know how does cancer work?
>know how does

Do you even remotely know how does grammar work?
>>
>>36383153
>everyone in this thread
>not eating the carotene diet for a healthy glow

It's like you don't even want to achieve the pinnacle of aesthetics. Enjoy being a horsesaddle, suntanners
>>
>>36385422
i remember reading how theyre worse

its like omega 3, its good naturally but those pills in the long term give cancer
>>
>>36384077
If I do this I get burnt on my shoulders and face before anywhere else gets color. What do you do about this?
>>
>>36385587
Uh. I dunno man try sunscreening those areas or something? I'm mixed so I tan really easily and almost never burn. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.