[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REMOVE OHP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1435982894473.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1435982894473.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
R E M O V E O H P
E
M
O
V
E

O
H
P
>>
>>36381260
whats the matter op, you stall at 80lbs again?
>>
EAT MORE AND DELOAD, FAGGOT
>>
OHP is easy though OP
>>
dumbbell OHP is my fave exercise
>>
>>36381260
L A T E R A L R A I S E S
A
T
E
R
A
L

R
A
I
S
E
S
>>
>>36381260
OHP protips:
1. Rest the bar on your clavicle. It might choke you a little, but you'll get used to it.
2. Tense every muscle in your body before pressing. Flex everything you've got.
3. Don't fall for the lateral raise meme. They absolutely do nothing.
4. If you can't get the bar up past your head, don't bend back as if to use the chest. Drive your head and torso forward.
>>
>>36381359
>tense every muscle before doing the motion

Can't recommend this enough. It makes a huge difference.
>>
>>36381359
>not using your tongue to help you raising the bar

do you want to make it or not
>>
File: pls no hate.jpg (145 KB, 928x1070) Image search: [Google]
pls no hate.jpg
145 KB, 928x1070
>>36381359

Horseshit.
1.) Don't do this unless you do olympic weightlifting, you can't make use of the stretch reflex and whats the point if you can't? You're not putting more stimulus on your tendons and muscles, therefore it's shit unless you want to build up strength from the bottom of the lift, depends on your goal; do you compete?
2.) lol just flex your glutes and brace your abs agaisnt a belt, bend your knees a little don't lock out, make sure wrist is correctly posistioned and flex forearms, that's it
3.) Lateral raises are fucking great - I can do 20kg x 20 ergo built my medial and helped traps delts (pic related)
4.) While this is a good idea from a health stand of point for your spine, if you are maxing out then forget it, you wont get it up.

Max OHP here is 122.5kg. Max push press is 150kg, max jerk is 180kg.
Used to be able to bench 185kg for my max, but tore right pec, focused on OHP for a year.
>>
>>36381809
Nice estats
>>
>>36381823

> implying you know anything about stats.
Come back in 6 years time kiddo
>>
>>36381843
Sure man, I am totally immature, whatever you say. Doesn't change the fact that you are lying about your lifts on the internet
>>
>>36381809
Whats a push press

>tfw
>>
>>36381891

k
>>36381900

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/PushPress.html
>>
>>36381923
Any tips for ohp? Ive stalled atm my max weight is 50kg for 3 reps
>>
>>36381260
>tfw OHP is disproportinately good

Feels pretty good man
>>
Fuck OHP. Newbie here and I can barely do more than the bar on it. I know you gotta start somewhere but it's very emasculating. At least the form is easy relative to some other lifts.
>>
>>36382083
>An exercise is terrible because i am too weak to do it
>>
Been in for about a month and I've been stuck at 5x95lbs for awhile, give or take a few skipped days. Though I've been doing them with a sandbag every now and again on offdays recently, and I feel like I can go up after testing the waters today. (Non-OHP day)

I have to wonder if this is one that requires a little more consistency.
>>
File: zp_0.jpg (26 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
zp_0.jpg
26 KB, 620x413
anyone ever do the z press? I can't do standing because the bar hits the ceiling.
>>
I tried OHP for the first time the other day. Did 135 for 2 reps. Is this good? I've been lifting for 2 years
>>
>>36383436

Didn't say it was terrible. It's great in fact. But I did say fuck it in it's stupid face.
>>
>>36384616
Yeah thats probably average for 1-2 years lifting. I started with 95
>>
>>36384547
same
>tfw 6'5

OHP is a fucking gamble, sometimes I can feel myself losing balance
>>
>>36381359
5. Use the Smith machine
>>
You can remove it and get fine delt development by doing bench, lateral raises, and enough rowing/pulling movements to hit rear delts.
>>
Pressed 185lbs x 7 yesterday. So many mires from skinny kids benching 135.
>>
>>36384547
why not go outside and work out in the street? looks retarded but dont let your fear of looking retarded steal yo gainz
>>
>>36381359
>dont fall for the lateral raise meme
please dont come back
>>
>>36381260

3x5@155 here, feels alright i guess

like to get to 5xbw by then end of the summer (185)
>>
Do more incline bench. I do them twice a week. I stopped stalling at 155lbs and moved up to 185lbs.
>>
One arm OHP masterrace reporting in
>>
>>36381809
manlet
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.