[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Starting Strenght meme faded >Stronglift meme ended >Oly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: 1454247014702.jpg (85 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1454247014702.jpg
85 KB, 960x720
>Starting Strenght meme faded
>Stronglift meme ended
>Oly lifting trend is finally dying
>>
>>36379027

Starting Strength and Strong Lift are not may mays, they are work out regimens.

>Saged, repoted
>>
>>36379065
they became meme when autists recommended them for every novice lifters
>>
I never did SS for more than a few weeks. I did program hopping for about 1.5 years then jumped on 5/3/1 (still as a novice) because I needed time to work on squat and diddly form. Now I realised I should have started with SS but the regular one, not the crappy version from the sticky.

I think this is where the hype comes from. Intermediate lifters regret their mistakes they did when they first started. And now they know more about lifting so they think they understand why SS is such a good program without having done the program themself.
>>
>>36379117
Please tell me the difference between the sticky SS and the "regular" one
>>
>>36379084
>may mays
>autists

The way you throw these phrases around while calling others novices just gives away the fact that you being a fat midget has you in a corner.

>Saged, repoted
>>
i don't get why people slap 'meme' on different programs, because some work and some don't. SS and SL both work. there is nothing 'meme' about either of them, they both provide what they say on the tin and have always done so.

why the world of fitness is centred around idiots who follow trends in beyond my comprehension. do what works, that's all you have to do
>>
>>36379131
Please read the book. Download it for free from powerliftinggeneral.com

If you are not interested in cleans it is basically

A
3x5 squat
3x5 OHP
1x5 deadlift

B
3x5 squat
3x5 bench
Hyperextensions
3xF chin ups
>>
>>36379192
Sry 3x8 for chins
>>
>>36379160
Fit bodies are themselves a fashion trend
>>
>>36379192

These kind of routines are fucking memes. They're good if you're in your first weeks of lifting as in they'll teach you how to use your muscles and they'll allow you to get used to DOMS but in the long run they're way too low in volume for you to make any progress.
>>
>>36379237
Actually they aren't may mays, they are work out routines.

y w

>Shit thread b t w but it won't be around long
>>
>>36379237
>Starting strength
>Starting
>not long term
you don't say dipshit
>>
>>36379254
>OP IiteraIIy B T F O

rekt

You're a faggot, OP
>>
>>36379237
That's literally what they're meant for, though.
>>
>>36379391

People going on them for months are the ones getting memed on. They're ok for two-three weeks top.
>>
ITT OP traps himself within his own logic and ends up accidentally get fucked mauled by SS fags.

In future pay more attention bro, I love shit talkin SS fags too but you fucked yourself.

Be smarter.
>>
>>36379399
>I have never lifted a weight in my whole life
>>
The actual meme of SS is people posting the short "program" of a few lifts and noobs think that's all what they are supposed to do. Read the fucking book. 95% of Starting Strength is about how the actual lifts should be performed, but there's other stuff you fucking have to know, if you want to do it. A lot of warm up sets, a lot of learning the lifts first before you can ramp up the weight and get into those linear gains. Also everyone that does rows on SS is a fucking retard.
>>
>>36379399
>two-three weeks
At two weeks you're still untrained, lmao.
>>
>>36379192

>go to the gym
>do 3 exercises
>go home

topkek fuck off faggot
>>
>>36379117

>I think this is where the hype comes from. Intermediate lifters regret their mistakes they did when they first started. And now they know more about lifting so they think they understand why SS is such a good program without having done the program themself.

Exactly. They get trolled into doing a routine FAR too advanced or just outright stupid for them, then realize SS Is A Troll is a troll, then Do The Fucking Program and actually start to make progress.

This is basically exactly what I did. It's not even that MadCow 5x5 is a bad program, it's just a bad program for someone who could be making progress faster than on a weekly basis. Thankfully someone talked me into doing SS, which I managed to do for nearly 3 months (considering I already had some gains from the intermediate program), and then got back on an intermediate program once the linear progression stalled, significantly bigger and stronger than I would have been if I never did SS.

Then I hopped on Texas Method for pure strength because rugby, and am now a human bowling pin. Obviously not the intermediate program and diet regimen for aesthetics, but that's not SS's fault.
>>
>>36379237

>in the long run

GOOD NEWS! These aren't long run programs. 9 months, TOPS. Probably more like 6 months before you have to transition to an "Advanced Novice" routine (usually involving squat progress only two days a week instead of three, with a light squat day in the middle, and doing deadlifts, power cleans, and chin ups once per week each) for a month or two and THEN you get on an intermediate program tailored to your specific goals. Keeping in mind that whatever your goals are, the program should still be based on squats, bench, OHP, and deadlifts.
>>
>>36379764
>Also everyone that does rows on SS is a fucking retard.
you mean retards like rippletit 1-2 years ago?
>>
>>36379399
>two weeks

now we know it's actual retards that dont lift who shitposts constantly about beginners programs
>>
>>36379399

>They're ok for two-three weeks top.

All right, big guy, how much do you lift?

>>36379764

Exactly. The first time you do every lift, you're supposed to start with the bar (and light training plates for deadlifts) for a set or two in order to warm up and learn the basic form. Then you add some weight until the bar speed starts to slow down slightly, which WILL be one plate or less for everything if the lifter is untrained. Then you do 3 sets of 5 reps at that weight (1 set for deadlifts, 5x3 for power cleans) for the first workout, and then begin progressing on every workout after that, having plenty of room to improve and get used to the motion before it becomes crushingly heavy.

And you still do several warm up sets, starting with the EMPTY BAR, for every lift (except deadlift, which needs at least training plates to put the bar at the right height) for every workout after that.
>>
post your stats and routein then fag
>>
File: 1368094201700.jpg (49 KB, 544x360) Image search: [Google]
1368094201700.jpg
49 KB, 544x360
>tfw nobody remembers rippetoe anymore
>tfw nobody remembers zyzz anymore
>tfw nobody remembers scooby anymore

this was my home. Now its a wasteland.

Im homeless and alone.
>>
>>36380374

move on dude.

zyzz is dead

scoobs is gone

and rippetoe is a dead horse.

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'.
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.
>>
>>36379084
I know right, recommending novice lifting routines to novice lifters is extremely retarded.
>>
>>36379158

>repoted

shut the fuck up
>>
>>36381758
>hey gals i want to look good wat do
>gotcha senpai just squat 3 times a week :DDDD squat nd oatz :dddd

2013 /fit/ was cancerous
>>
>>36379027
Who. Is. That.
>>
will low SS give me a thick waist? (I don't want a thick waist). Also if you do SS with high bar squats are you not allowed to call it SS?
>>
>>36382221
first result when you reverse image search it m8e
>>
>>36380374
That's life bro. If you don't keep up with the times the world will move on without you.
>>
>>36381968
>he doesn't report rule violations
>>
File: German belittles.png (798 KB, 684x868) Image search: [Google]
German belittles.png
798 KB, 684x868
>>36379192
>powerliftinggeneral.com
>>
>>36382084
>SS
>2013
you're the cancer
>>
>>36379884
>warming up for deadlifts at anything less than 1 pl8
>>
I prefer ICF 5x5
It's basically SL with accesiores, so you wont become Trex mode. But at least good looking
>>
>>36383533
ICF 5x5 is pretty solid. Kinda weird that Blaha's routine literally works for everyone but himself.
>>
>>36379027
>swn enslave your white cock
>>
>>36383450

-I- don't start warming up for deadlifts with less than 135 lbs, but I deadlift 445 for 5 reps, and it comes after squats and OHP so the whole system is already slightly warm.

I squat 550, and start warming up with just the bar.
>>
>>36379192
why chin ups till failure instead of weighted chin-ups?
>>
>>36379192
>If you are not interested in cleans
YNDTP
>>
>>36384129
>I squat 550
Let's see it.
>>
>>36382635
wow, kikes really upped their ante.
>>
File: 2hn4y9x.jpg (38 KB, 629x960) Image search: [Google]
2hn4y9x.jpg
38 KB, 629x960
>>36385239
Is such a thing even possible?
>>
>>36379131

The one in the sticky is outdated as fuck. I think it's from back when SS was still on the second edition.

The current up-to-date SS program can be found here http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:b1Arkjhyv7IJ:startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program+&cd=1
The wikia is down, unfortunately, but I'm currently working on a solution to that problem.
>>
>>36379237
No shit batman, thats why its called "starting"
>>
File: 38697567869.jpg (37 KB, 567x461) Image search: [Google]
38697567869.jpg
37 KB, 567x461
>>36385272
Into which dimension must I travel where the average woman looks like this?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.