[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/, I'm pretty new to lifting (been doing SL for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Sup /fit/,

I'm pretty new to lifting (been doing SL for 2 months and I feel like I've made good progress) but I had a question.

I know that I should branch off SL, but what do I go to from there?

I was told that if I wanted aesthetics (which I do), I should do SL into PPL into Bro Split.

I have done no research on PPL or Bro Split so it could have been someone straight up lying and I wouldn't know any better.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>36375916
PPL is definitely the way to go. you can still do your bench, ohp, squat, deadlift, etc the same way you train on strong lifts. just do those exercises first. For example, on leg day do 5x5 or 3x5 squats followed by various leg exercises. On pull day do deadlifts or rows. On press day do bench or ohp.
>>
PPL is good and works. Most of my friends do some variation on it with good results, including myself.

You can easily stay on SL for another 1-2 months or move on
>>
>>36375965
>>36375966
Okay awesome, I'll definitely be transitioning into PPL then. What do you guys think about Brosplit?
>>
>>36375916
I like ppl more. Its easier to follow and you can pretty much do whatever you want. Start off with the heavy compound barbell lifts like >>36375965
said. Then just work in whatever lifts or machines you like to do. You dont have to have a set routine but try to do around 5x5-10 for each lift. If you're a beginner you'll make progress on anything. Just find out what works best for you.
>>
>>36376012
brosplit imo is just a worse ppl. with a ppl youre getting each body part twice a week. brosplits will only hit legs once for example
>>
I'd do Greyskull LP if I were you OP.

Much better than the others, and less likely to leave you T-rexed.
>>
File: 1457345234437.png (69 KB, 1299x751) Image search: [Google]
1457345234437.png
69 KB, 1299x751
>>36376635
Thinking of hitting PPL after SL myself, opinions on pic related?
>>
>>36376660
wasn't meant to reply btw desu senpai
>>
>>36376676
Thank god. For a second there I thought someone thought I might actually know anything about lifting.
>>
>>36375965

PPL is shit for beginners because the volume is too much and you're sacrificing your own gains.
>>
do you guys recommend a pplpplx routine or is pplxppl better?

also, how should i go about incorporating ab and core work in a ppl routine? i do cardio at the end of my workouts usually.
>>
>>36377006
Personally I go pplpplpplppl, unless i feel like I need a break, or Im doing something that weekend
>>
>>36375916
that 3rd guy is the real skinny fat
was he trying to bulk? that seems more like beer belly tho
>>
>>36379413
it's his posture that makes him look fat
>>
>>36377006
i've been experimenting with both but I feel like pplx is better. The main thing is making sure your go up on your compounds and I found it was easier with an extra break day. As a natural I think pplx is plenty of volume. Plus you can do cardio on the break 2 about twice a week.

My leg day is something like
>3x3 Deadlifts
>5x5 back squats
>3x10 leg press
>superset calf raises and leg raises 5 sets 10-20 reps each

I think that is plenty for abs and I do other calf stuff at home (shitty calves)
I personally found that machines are pretty useless for legs and prefer the big compounds
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.