[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw lifting successfully keeps you from killing yourselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: 1446244466431.jpg (244 KB, 1431x1409) Image search: [Google]
1446244466431.jpg
244 KB, 1431x1409
>tfw lifting successfully keeps you from killing yourselves since over 2 years

psychologists should prescribe that shit
>>
>>36372232
Does lifting actually make you feel better about yourself? I keep trying and failing to make progress.

Also would fuck the shit out of those grills.
>>
>>36372232

>Baiting with a pic of girIs

>BIog posting

>Saged, repoted

You're a faggot, OP.
>>
>>36372232
Endorphins, man, they're one hell of a drug

Before the workout, you can be the biggest whiny little faggot complaining about "wah, it's cold", "what's the point", "my life sux", etc

But after the work out, it's always "we gonna make it, brah", "pain and sweat is the fuel for the fire inside me", etc.
>>
>>36372255
for me absolutly. But you have to make progress to stay motivated and therefor you have to eat correctly because otherwise you can and will stall completly.
>>
>>36372232
They would but people would never do it. They want meds they can take easily that will solve all their issues without putting in any effort.
>>
>>36372266
Youre mean
>>
File: feels bad.jpg (33 KB, 663x458) Image search: [Google]
feels bad.jpg
33 KB, 663x458
>>36372232
tfw they"ll never sit on my face
why even lift and take creatine?
>>
>>36372255
Yes. Never felt better desu. I only regret that I started lifting late - at 28.
>>
>super busy at uni
>massive pharma exams, presentations and papers to write
>work as a pharmacy intern 40hours per week and have no time for any of that shit
>super fucking stressed out, can't sleep, can't eat
>go to gym and do 7x3 deadlifts and 3x5 snatchgrip deadlifts
>after workout mind is as clear as the blue sky.

it fucken works bro
>>
>But after the work out, it's always "we gonna make it, brah"

THIS
>be me after w/o
>friend calls, his gf dumped him
>talk to him for 30 minutes at least explaining how and why she's a bitch and he deserves better, hyped as fuck as i talk
>he thanks me profusely for being so positive as he needed that

Lifting confirmed for making people better friends
>>
>>36372255
>Does lifting actually make you feel better about yourself?
oh yes, most definitely. lifting and getting a job are the two main things that took me from suicidal to pretty damn happy with my life.
>>
>>36372232
>tfw usually feel like shit all weekend because no workouts and no job

I need my job and workouts to function like a normal human being. Doing shit makes you a happier man, who would have known.
>>
>>36372232
They do faggot, its well know (if you are not an illiterate idiot) that in some cases exercise work just as well as cognitive-behavioral therapy. Now get fucked you fucking worthless no-lifting faggot.
>>
File: 1455487838887.jpg (92 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1455487838887.jpg
92 KB, 601x508
>tfw you wonder why you are doing all this while you push through your last rep.Since one day you're gonna end up killing yourself anyway
>>
>>36372740
Lifting makes happy
You seem very unhappy

Maybe you should try it out too?
>>
File: 1410245639956.png (14 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1410245639956.png
14 KB, 530x444
I lift, I read lots of books, I study etc. but I still feel unaccomplished as hell because of tfw never had a gf
>>
If I go more than two weeks without lifting I honestly feel like killing myself, I feel like I am becoming weak.

Anyone else feel this? and then you lift and all dem worries gone.
>>
>>36372761
I both lift, own my own appartment (could buy it without a loan since I have a rich family) wrestle, and study to become a physical therapist. What are you doing with your life bro?
>>
>>36372765
sounds like you're ignoring social stuff.
>>
>>36372797
Why are you telling me this? You seem frustrated bro, you should try lifting
>>
>psychologists should prescribe that shit
If they did they'd be needed less since it would help those who just have low levels of depression, and their pimps (companies making the meds) would be pissed as hell.

I've been severely depressed for years and have been on a few different pills for it (Cipralex, Cymbalta, Mirtazipene, etc.), and I found they did nothing (other than make me feel like a zombie, and fuck with my sleep more than it already is). Since the start of 2016, I've been biking just on a stationary bike for about 30-40 minutes per day and this has done more to help me than any of those meds ever did. Yeah, I still really want to end things a lot but I know that it has helped me manage a bit and has chilled me out a little more.
>>
>>36372232
>blonde to the right
HNNNNGGGGG
>>
>>36372837
U wanna go bro? I'll knock u the fuck out bro
>>
>>36372837
>>36372854
OH SHI- THEY GON FIGHT NIGGA
>>
Test
>>
>>36372276

lmao i know right. Sometimes im demotivated to go to the gym, but once i come back im thinking " man im a sik kent, those mires today were fuaaaaarkin awsome"
>>
>>36372799
> implying i'm the one ignoring

I'm being ignored by grills ;_;
>>
>>36372866
WORLD STAR WORLD STAR BABY
>>
>>36372765

Dont get fooled. Its not just lifting.

Its lifting and getting a nice physique.

Lifting would mean nothing without the body that comes after that.

So if you lift, but still fat or skelly, you wont feel good just yet.
>>
>>36372853
she would get it so fucking hard
>>
File: 1457825157455s.jpg (3 KB, 104x124) Image search: [Google]
1457825157455s.jpg
3 KB, 104x124
>>36372232
>implying any of them are even remotely hot
probably all have diseases and beef curtains.
no thanks
>>
File: i_can_feel_this_feel.png (110 KB, 216x488) Image search: [Google]
i_can_feel_this_feel.png
110 KB, 216x488
>>36372678
Fucking this man
>>
File: bish.png (8 KB, 75x75) Image search: [Google]
bish.png
8 KB, 75x75
>>36372232
OOOOHHH MAAA GGGAADD
>>
>>36372232
Fuck marry kill?
Marry left
Kill middle
Fuck right and have a baby with her.
>>
Left has a weird face but that blonde oh my god FUCK
>>
>no ambitions
>no hobbies
>no skills
>no real connection with anyone
>no love for anyone, not even family

I don't know how I ended so fucked up, kind of a sociopath that don't really care about anything
I don't want to kill myself either, I see it as a waste, so lifting and making my body the greatest it can be (I'm 6'0 and handsome as fuck, my body is lagging behind) is the only thing that keeps me going
>>
>>36372232

I do to my patients.
>>
>>36372610
Thinking of studying pharma, would you recommend it?
>>
>>36372610
I have no idea why, but snatch grip deads are even more amazing than regular deads when it comes to this stuff.
>>
>>36372765
If you have some money and know how to please a person then you just need to get yourself out there. Use dating apps. An upside of sexual liberation is that you aren't expected to marry the first person you go on a date with, so don't be afraid to go on lots of dates with different people.
>>
I'm pretty sure the APA has exercise listed as an effective treatment for depression. Plenty of studies floating around that it mimics the results of anti-depressants.
>>
File: 1006_4n.png (173 KB, 395x598) Image search: [Google]
1006_4n.png
173 KB, 395x598
>>36372232
I've never though about killing myself but as I'm ugly as hell I need to maintain some good body shape to get attention off my face.

We're all gonna make it bros.
>>
I lift and I still think im a worthless piece of shit.l. Lifting doesn't change your attitude. It just changes how you look on the outside.
>>
>>36372255
Yes very much so.

I make great progress except for bench press that has always been a weakspot. I'm 6'0 with a 6'3 wingspan so you can see why.

>>36372610
I'm never stressed out to be honest. I just accept things for what they are, if I fail I likely learn something.

A thing I recommend is by trying to come up with ways to make your schedule less busy.

I would never stick to academia after undergrad personally, because sometimes workload in academic careers is too much especially compared to the pay you would receive compared to jobs outside academia.
>>
For me lifting is the cause of a lot of dysmorphia and bad feels. I've come a long way from where I started, but I've never felt more inadequate.

I was happy the first time I squatted 100 kg. Nowadays I feel useless with my 200 kg squat. I'll keep going but I wonder if there's ever a weight that will make me happy.
>>
I feel the same. Making progress in strength isn't even too important to me anymore. These days I just go in with a vague structure of a routine and lift how I want and have fun. I would've ended my life by now if I didn't started exercising, and now it's one of the few things I look forward to doing in my week.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 400x400
>>36372232
>haven't busted a nut in months
>haven't had a gf in months
>MFW seeing the grill on right
>>
>>36375983

>Not the originaI fuII size shot

>Hasn't seen the set

You're missing out, anon.
>>
>>36375998
sauce then?
>>
>>36372748
Haha!

Oh wait, I know those feels.
>>
>>36375998
Help me change that "hasn't busted a nut in months" then will ya?
>>
>>36375998
Well where's it at, my man? Share please
>>
>>36373230
If lifting turns you Australian you should probably get that checked by a professional
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.