[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I keep hearing about this vegan meme, youtube, ads and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
So I keep hearing about this vegan meme, youtube, ads and it's fucking everywhere.

Faggots making me feel bad for eating meat.
Meat causes cancer and shit.
So what's the deal with it?
Does being vegan really builds mucle?
>>
>>36371682
It doesn't do anything except reduce your environmental footprint and cut the risk factors for some diseases.
>>
>>36371714
Eh I'm good sometimes I wanna die.
>>
>>36371682
It's a pretty big inconvenience if you want to be a bodybuilder. And eating meat doesn't cause cancer or anything, that's bullshit, it's just not really the "morally correct" way to live.
>>
>>36371682
>Does being vegan really builds mucle?

Anything will help you build muscles, anon. You just have to turn in your natty card ;)
>>
>>36371682
I cook vegan every now and then, wouldn't recommend it as a lifestyle tho. It's a huge hassle and fucking annoying if done regularly.
And since when does fit care about animals anyway?
>>
You can get big being vegan. Look at Jon Venus or Brian Turner, I think they're pretty much at the natty limit. Even VG has quite a lot of muscle mass, he's just a lanklet with shitty insertions.

Also look up Patrik Baboumian. Definitely not natty, but he's literally one of the strongest men in the world and has a YT channel offering good advice for lifters planning to go vegan.
>>
>>36371834
>Look at Jon Venus or Brian Turner,
Those guys aren't natty though
>>
>>36371784
>huge hassell and fucking annoying if done regularly
Kek, no. I've started to eat vegan and it's easy as fuck.
>brown rice
>tin of beans
>veggies
>sauce
>stir fry for 5 minutes
>eat
>>
>>36371860
Why do you say that? They've both been lifting for many years and aren't above the natty limit.
>>
>>36371887
>Fuck all protein
Not him, but I bet you look like shit. You literally have the diet of a south east asian.
>>
>Faggots making me feel bad for eating meat.
They are pussies who would never be able to express this opinion if not for all of the men who had to murder other men in cold-blood in the countless wars fought in the name of civil liberties, so fuck them.

>Meat causes cancer and shit.
It doesn't cause cancer, it raises your risk for developing certain cancers, especially colorectal cancer. It has been shown that vegetarians live longer than meat-eaters and vegans live longer than vegetarians, but this has not been show to be exclusively due to diet. It is likely that their lives are longer due to other factors associated with vegetarian diets, like higher education, regular exercise, God-tier family genes, gainful employment, etc.

>So what's the deal with it?
It is cheap, fairly easy to cook, and easy to purchase in the Western world. Downsides are that you don't eat meat, you will develop nutritional deficiencies over time if you follow the diet too strictly, and you have to eat a much larger volume of food and probably spend more time eating. Also, it will undoubtedly affect your social life if you refuse to eat meat.

>Does being vegan really builds mucle?
If you do it right. I will post a sample daily diet that gives 4,000 calories, 168 grams of protein and every essential amino acid.

In summary, a vegan diet is more healthy than a non-vegan diet in general, but that doesn't mean you have to be vegan. If you are just vegan during the week and then eat meat on the weekends, for instance, you will notice the majority of the benefits of a vegan diet without having to deal with the many negatives. You will be hard-pressed to find a physician who doesn't recommend people eat more vegetables.
>>
>>36371923
Pre-workout
1 banana 105 cal. 1 g.p.
Subtotal 105 cal. 1 g.p.

Breakfast
1 orange 45 cal. 1 g.p.
1 serving of oats 607 cal. 26 g.p.
1 serving of whole-wheat bread 109 cal. 5 g.p.
1 serving of peanuts 828 cal. 38 g.p.
Subtotal 1589 cal. 70 g.p.

Lunch
1 apple 95 cal. 1 g.p.
1 serving of kale 33 cal. 3 g.p.
1 serving of carrots 25 cal. 1 g.p.
1 serving of broccoli 51 cal. 4 g.p.
1 serving of quinoa 625 cal. 24 g.p.
1 serving of corn 606 cal. 16 g.p.
Subtotal 1435 cal. 49 g.p.

Dinner
1 serving of rice 206 cal. 4 g.p.
1 serving of beans 661 cal. 42 g.p.
1 serving of sweet potatoes 112 cal. 2 g.p.
Subtotal 979 cal. 48 g.p.

Total 4108 cal. 168 g.p.
>>
Purely it's just a switch to plant based diet nothing changes about your nutritional needs nigger. Though many vegans just adopt a healthier diet because they can't eat meat or dairy.
>>
>>36371909
>YOU NEED LE 2 GRAMS OF PROTEIN PER POUND OF BODY MASS IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE DYEL BECAUSE LE /FIT/ STICKY TOLD ME XDDD
Stick to your GOMAD, pleb, there is more than enough protein in a legume based meal. If you're eating enough calories from this kind of meal, you will get more than enough protein.
>>
>>36372012
>You're so buttblasted you assumed i follow the 2g/lb meme

Must've hit a nerve, guess i was right about you looking like shit. And sure, have fun eating all those legumes cunt when 1. you need to eat way more legumes to match the protein in meat 2. It's a nuisance if you're tracking carbs as well.

You could eat both, but hey, it's totally your choice if you want to be a faggot.
>>
>>36371940

Those servings don't follow normal serving sizes. Do you mean a cup?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.