[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what vitamin supplements does /fit/ take?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 29-vitamins.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
29-vitamins.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
what vitamin supplements does /fit/ take?
>>
Multi, D3, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Zinc
>>
Multivitamin, ZMA, maca, phenibut, fish oil, l-arginine/l-ornithine mix
>>
>>36368537

>maca
>phenibut
>l-arginine/l-ornithine mix

dont forget to take your alpha brain and goji berries
>>
5000 IU Vit D
2tsp Maca
2x 570mg Ashwaganda
ZMA

>>36368537
How long did maca take to have any effect?

I ain't feeling much from it yet, might up my dose a wee bit
>>
>>36368582
I take 2 capsules, 3 times a day

Took just under a week. Makes my orgasms more powerful, combined with ZMA and ON Amino Energy post workout makes me feel like a god. Add phenibut to the mix and you leave humanity behind.

This is coming from someone who was beta as fuck, tired all the time and always sad.

Cured my depression, made me aggressive, sexually potent, happy as fuck, wide awake all the time.
>>
25 µg/30 minutes vitamin D from Sunshine per day
600 µg Vitamin A per day from spinach, kale, carrots, sweet potato etc
6 µg to 18 mg B Vitamins per day from Beans, Legumes, Fish, Chicken, Nuts & Seeds, Leafy Veg
75 mg Vitamin C per day from Papaya, Brussels Sprouts, Bell Peppers etc
80 µg Vitamin K per day from Leafy Green Veg

Last time I took a supplement was 350 mg odd of Magnesium per day for ketones when I didn't have access to sunflower seeds/flax seeds/soya beans for a while

After reading a few threads like these on /fit/ I'm certain nearly 100% of the people who take vitamins have no idea what the fuck they're doing or why.
>>
>>36368378
D3 and fish ole

All you need
>>
>>36368608
I may up my dose a bit then.

The Ashwaganda is great though, it certainly matches what I read up online. Makes me feel more "ready" for any situation if that makes sense. Great for dealing with pressure.
>>
>>36368378
Multi
D3
Magnesium
Fish oil
C

Got melatonin and caffeine on hand, but use only when i really need them.
>>
food and love from my woman
>>
I used to take AOR Orthocore or Orange Triad multivitamins because they are high quality and actually worth taking unlike the supermarket one a day shit. I can't afford it nowadays though.

I always liked taking vitamin C tablets... because they taste nice. Far too expensive just for that though. I take some D3 if I happen to not be getting much sun, but I usually go for walks in the sun a few times a week. Fish oil and zinc. Magnesium I always like for muscle soreness and cramping, I need to restock on that.
>>
>maca
>Matzo, matza or matzah (Yiddish: מצה Hebrew: מַצָּה; plural matzot; matzos, matzus of Ashkenazi Hebrew dialect) is an unleavened bread traditionally eaten by Jews during the Passover festival, when chametz (bread and other food made with leaven) is forbidden according to Jewish religious law.
>>
File: 1455186096446.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455186096446.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>36368706
>multivitamins
>actually worth taking
>>
>literally throwing money away
>>
Zinc, magnesium, D and omega 3. Did I get meme'd with magnesium?
>>
>>36368710
It's a peruvian plant, not a jewish bread.

>>36368795
Depends on the supplement and why you're taking it.

Things like Vit C are useless when you have a good diet, but Ashwaganda is brilliant when you suffer from anxiety.
>>
>>36368836
Not him, but Ashwaganda isn't a supplement

Taking any of the conventional vitamin supplements, unless you're an extreme endurance athlete or actively know your bloodwork, instead of fixing your diet, is simply making a shitty situation worse.

But we're on /fit/ where taking more supplements can only be better for us, right guys?
>>
>>36368861
>Ashwaganda isn't a supplement

I was thinking that while I wrote it lol.

In my opinion, the only vitamin worth supplementing is vitamin D -- but that's only worth it when you're not in a very sunny place
>>
What's ashwaganha supposed to do? I went through a bottle at like huge doses twice a day 'cause I didn't measure it, lasted me maybe 2-3 weeks, but I didn't really notice anything back then nor do I now that I discontinued its use.

Well, notice anything besides how fucking awful it is at mixing into water, or how trying to skip that step and straight up eating it with a spoon has it lodge itself everywhere in your throat.
>>
>>36368942
Why did you take something without knowing what it's supposed to do?

Here's a good page on ashwaganda and what it does: https://examine.com/supplements/ashwagandha/

You're either a non-responder, or just got a shit supply.
>>
>>36368978
My depressed (self-diagnosed by him lol) friend told me taking it makes him feel great and less stressed and gets him better sleep. I have some trouble sleeping so I figured it'd make me superhuman or at least help with sleep.

I'm usually really sceptical about if these kinds of "organic natural alternative medicine" supplements do anything and from the start believed that ashgawandha working for him must've been complete placebo. I was hoping there'd be some concrete effect I could notice when using it but it didn't turn out so. I'm not really stressed in general so that may be why I didn't get to partake of the stress-relieving effect of ashgawandha.

Does anyone who uses ashgawandha here notice benefits and could they describe them to me?
>>
>>36369028
It's more for anxiety/stress than depression really.

If you look on Examine.com there's plenty of scientific backing. It's also good for lowering cholestrol and power output.

I use it. Makes me feel better in general, makes me feel more confident, and I can handle stress a lot better. It does seem to help with lifting as well.

Take a look at the examine page if you want stuff that isn't anecdotal. Melatonin is probably best for sleep.
>>
>>36369135
Here's some power related stuff for Ashwaganda:

One study in otherwise healthy sedentary persons has noted that supplementation of the water extract of ashwagandha at 750-1,250mg daily (6-10g dry root equivalent) over 30 days, despite no exercise program, increased force production from the lower back (15.4%) and quadriceps (21.5%) but not grip test;[175] there was no influence on the rate of perceived exertion, and results were seen after 30 days but not 10-20.[175]

Another study in healthy, untrained men who underwent a periodized strength training regimen for 8 weeks while taking 300 mg of ashwagandha extract (standardized to 5% withanolides) or placebo twice daily found that the ashwagandha's 1RM for the bench press increased by 20 kg (44 lbs) more than the placebo group. The 1RM gains for the leg extension exercise of the treatment group was about 4.5 kg (10 lbs).[190]
>>
>>36368582
you mean 500 IU vitamine D ?
>>
>>36369135
>>36369151
Interesting, I wish it was a study of trained men but oh well. It's not witch doctor bullshit then, maybe I'll go back to it if I get anxiety problems, otherwise I don't think it's worth the price yet.
>>
is there anyone else that can't swallow pills?
i had a friend in high shcool who also couldn't do it.

I wonder how widespread this is.
>>
>>36369447
I can't. I've got to literally shove them down my throat and hope I don't like on the process
>>
10k ui d3
50mg zinc
6000mg fish oil
24mg astaxathin
50kui beta carotene
12mg k2 mk7
>>
File: 8-17-2010_9-07-10_pm_3[1].jpg (6 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
8-17-2010_9-07-10_pm_3[1].jpg
6 KB, 240x240
>>36369447
i couldnt, then i wanted to be able to suck cock at some point so i bought a tongue scraper and used it each day after brushing my teeth in the shower,

in the beginning i gagged when it passed 2/3 of my tongue, now i can put a finger down my tongue touch the little lid in my throat and pull back without puking.

side affect was that i can now shallow 6-7 giant pills at once where i used to need to cut medium pills in 2.

use pic related (and only pic related all others are trash, you need the u curve) and use it for 2-3 minutes in the shower everyday, (you might puke accidentally thats why you need to do it in the shower) and push yourself to relax and try not to gag.

in 3-4 weeks shallowing pills is easy, in 2 months multiple pills at once is easy.
>>
>>36369536
pro tip: if you want to stop your gag reflex, push your thumb into the palm of the same hand (e.g left thumb into left palm)

trust me
>>
>>36369549
nah mte that shits useless.
>>
Biotin and folic acid make my nails and hair grow so fast. My nails also break less often. B Complex gummy is my daily sweet treat.

I also put Green Vibrance powder in my smoothies. I probably wouldn't if my mom didn't buy it, since it's expensive. But it tastes really fucking good and I feel better on days when I take it.
>>
File: 1417835353418.jpg (106 KB, 518x800) Image search: [Google]
1417835353418.jpg
106 KB, 518x800
B-complex/Vitamin C
Fish Oil
Pancreatin (digestive enzymes)

That's pretty much it, everything else comes from my diet. I take creatine too, don't know if that counts.
>>
File: Seamen_207de6_5398657.jpg (82 KB, 601x569) Image search: [Google]
Seamen_207de6_5398657.jpg
82 KB, 601x569
these
>>
>>36369536
First time i hear about that, but probably worth my time.
thx.
>>
>>36369643
What would happen if a girl tried this?
>>
>>36368577
How do you make your own alpha brain?
>>
I just eat clen and tren hard :^]
>falling for vitamin shill
>>
>>36369536
are you gay?
>>
File: NWF715.png (226 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
NWF715.png
226 KB, 649x649
Is this good omega 3?

Has 500mg EPA and 250mg DPH
>>
>>36369664
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>36369775
only after browsing /fit/

and i like femcock/twinkcock more then muscular cock.
>>
>>36369881
This.

The further my lifts go up the more gay I get.
>>
how bad are jellybears and other jelly shit for you?
i have restrained myself from eating literally any candy for over a month now, but i have this jelly craving nowadays, maybe i dont have enough carbs in my diet?
do you think its fine to eat some candy every two weeks or so or should i change my diet a bit?
>>
do you take all of your vitamins in the morning after eating breakfast?
>>
>>36370127
having some candy every few weeks wont do you any harm desu
>>
>how bad are jellybears and other jelly shit for you?

You're not gonna make it bruh.
>>
>>36369173
Nope, 5000.
>>
>>36368378
Just D3 and B12.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.