[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tan thread for /fit/ Proper tanning methods are often overlooked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: fit Tan guide March 2016.jpg (622 KB, 2086x1674) Image search: [Google]
fit Tan guide March 2016.jpg
622 KB, 2086x1674
Tan thread for /fit/

Proper tanning methods are often overlooked on /fit/. People are afraid due to the skin cancer fear mongering and by being afraid they will turn into a Mexican. Well I am here to tell you can avoid both if you tan properly. The truth is the majority of skin cancers from sun are from "normal" people who similarly do over-the-top routines and extreme diets. These people try to achieve their "tan" by spending hours upon hours in the sun in a single day. They get sun burnt over and over and end up looking like aboriginals eventually. This is not what you want. You want to do it the /fit/ way, the proper way. Just like your routine and diet, you're in this for the long haul, the results you want will come, but you want to achieve them properly. Pic related will get you the tan you want.

This is an EXTREMELY effective FULL BODY routine that works ESPECIALLY well on newbies to the sun, mostly talking about NEET's and video gamers who never leave the house, you guys are literally perfect for this routine. It will get you looking like healthy glowing person, you'll finally appear as someone who actually leaves their house.
>>
Absolute madman.
>>
Question for OP
What if I did 30 minutes in the sun? (15/15)
Or what about 40 minutes? (20/20) Could I double my melanin gains or would that be a waste?
>>
>not wanting to be as pale as your soul

summer kinda sucks cause i auto-tan but variety is nice
>>
>>36367981
and where am i allowed to just lie around naked?
>>
File: 1356258841870.png (84 KB, 202x209) Image search: [Google]
1356258841870.png
84 KB, 202x209
Enjoy your cancer, wrinkles, and premature aging tancucks.
>>
>>36367981

>cover your penis with a sock
>not going for alpha-pussy-slaying-penis-tanned Zyzz-beachboy-surfer-mode

pick one.
You won't make it without a tanned penis senpai
>>
Cancer
>>
Would tanning bed work? There is no sun where i live, you see. How long should i tan?
>>
>>36368021
You can, but build up. But it's not a good idea. You don't need anymore than 10+10(20) to get a good tan.

>>36368072

This happens to people who tan for all day everyday in summer. Just like a guy going into the gym only during summer and doing 5000 sets of curls in 1 day, yeah they're going to do damage to themselves.

>>36368132
Tanning beds are not good. It gives you 1 hours of sun exposure in about 10minutes. This is no good. You don't want that much exposure.
>>
>>36368072
>being in the sun for 20 minutes will give you skin cancer

Do people actually believe this shit? My god the fear mongering bullshit is real. We've been outdoors as humans all day for millions of years. What makes people think that suddenly you're not allowed to ever go outside or experience sunlight?

Skin cancer campaigning with sun tanning is against normies who suntan for 8 hours a day and normies who goto tanning salons and get 50 hours equivalent sun exposure on their body every week. Not aimed at people with critical thinking skills.
>>
i wanna tan naked, but i dont live alone

what am i supposed to do
>>
>using the ultra-violet jew
>>
>>36367981
What time of day is best to do this routine?
>>
>>36368142
>This is no good. You don't want that much exposure.
Why not? It's the same exposure, but it costs less time. I hope the reason you say that is not "It's natural"
>>
What's the equivalent of 20min outside sun in s sun bed?
>>
If i have been a basement dweller for the last 10 years, will i still get tan with this method?
>>
File: 1419336393770.gif (1 MB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1419336393770.gif
1 MB, 260x194
>>36368285
Tan naked you prude fuck
>>
>>36367981

Going outside with nothing but a sock around my dick seems like a good way to get arrested.
>>
>>36367981
>repeat the routine on any sunny days
>Scotland

Choose one.
>>
I got really tanned when I did phototherapy for my psoriasis.

>worked up from 30 ish seconds to aboug 3.5 minutes three then two times a week
>basically removed all visible symptoms of psoriasis in about a month
>only cost $7 a sessions because medicare
>got tanned as fuck over my whole body apart from junk and eyelids

Apparently it only used one specific band of ultraviolet light, so the risk of cancer is basically zero. 10/10 would recommend for psoriasis sufferers and people who want to get tanned.
>>
>>36368540
Yep, perfect for you.
>>
>>36367981
The only way to get skin cancer is if you get burnt in the sun.
>>
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/20/deadly-melanoma-not-due-vitamin-d-deficiency.aspx

>The Surprising Cause of Melanoma (And No, it's Not Too Much Sun)

By Dr. Mercola

>Rates of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer, have been rising for at least the last three decades, and this increase has been largely blamed on exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light from the sun. However, research published in the British Journal of Dermatology shows that the sun is likely nothing more than a scapegoat in the development of melanoma, and the sharp increase may actually be "an artifact caused by diagnostic drift."

Is Lack of Sunlight a More Likely Culprit?

>Despite all the bad press linking sun exposure to skin cancer, there's almost no evidence at all to support it. There is, however, plenty of evidence to the contrary. Over the years, several studies have confirmed that appropriate sun exposure actually helps prevent skin cancer. In fact, melanoma occurrence has been found to decrease with greater sun exposure, and can be increased by sunscreens. One of the most important facts you should know is that an epidemic of the disease has in fact broken out among indoor workers. These workers get three to nine times LESS solar UV exposure than outdoor workers get, yet only indoor workers have increasing rates of melanoma -- and the rates have been increasing since before 1940.
>>
>>36368492
bumping for this, keeping in mind i'm from straya and at midday in summer it often hits 35-40 degrees celcius
>>
>>36368873
When Using the Sun to Fight Cancer, the Dose is What Matters

When I recommend using the sun therapeutically, this means getting the proper dosage to optimize your vitamin D levels. This typically means exposing enough of your unclothed skin surface to get a slight pink color on your skin. Your exact time will vary radically depending on many variables, such as you skin color, time of day, season, clouds, altitude and age. The key principle is to never get burned, while still spending as much time as you can in the sun during the peak hours, as it is virtually impossible to overdose as long as you don't get burned.

A common myth is that occasional exposure of your face and hands to sunlight is "sufficient" for vitamin D nutrition. For most of us, this is an absolutely inadequate exposure to move vitamin D levels to the healthy range. Further, if you use sunscreen, you will block your body's ability to produce vitamin D!

And, contrary to popular belief, the best time to be in the sun for vitamin D production is actually as near to solar noon as possible which is 1 PM in the summer for most (due to Daylight Saving Time).. The more damaging UVA rays are quite constant during ALL hours of daylight, throughout the entire year -- unlike UVB, which are low in morning and evening and high at midday.
>>
>>36368884
I'm no expert, but I feel like it wouldn't matter. It's all sunlight. Just depends if you want to go middle of the day, morning or evening
>>
>>36368873
>>36368895

When using the sun to maximize your vitamin D production and minimize your risk of malignant melanoma, the middle of the day (roughly between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.) is the best and safest time. During this time you need the shortest exposure time to produce vitamin D because UVB rays are most intense at this time. Plus, when the sun goes down toward the horizon, the UVB is filtered out much more than the dangerous UVA.

>Once you reach this point your body will peak at about 10,000-40,000 units of vitamin D. Any additional exposure will only cause harm and damage to your skin. Most people with fair skin will max out their vitamin D production in just 10-20 minutes, or, again, when your skin starts turning the lightest shade of pink. Some will need less, others more. The darker your skin, the longer exposure you will need to optimize your vitamin D production.

>Once you reach this point your body will peak at about 10,000-40,000 units of vitamin D. Any additional exposure will only cause harm and damage to your skin. Most people with fair skin will max out their vitamin D production in just 10-20 minutes, or, again, when your skin starts turning the lightest shade of pink. Some will need less, others more. The darker your skin, the longer exposure you will need to optimize your vitamin D production.

OP WAS RIGHT LOL
>>
>>36367981
>tfw went skying and burned badly my lower face
halp, it pains me a lot
>>
>>36368898
surely the UV gains would vary, i can be in the sun for 40mins at midday and get burnt as fuck, whereas at 3-4pm i can be innit for 2 hours and not even get pink.
>>
>>36368913
Picture seems to indicate it's in the morning, since the sun is still to the east. Dunno for sure though
>>
>>36368923
I'm forgetting now but I am pretty sure around 11:30am-1:30pm the sun is facing from mostly the east.

By 4:00pm or so it's pretty far north, by 5:00-6:00pm north-southish, before it goes away.
>>
>>36368873
If sunscreen is no good, how are you supposed to prevent yourself from getting sunburnt? I don't want to only be outside for 20 minutes and then sit indoors for the rest of the day.
>>
>>36368943
Doesn't...doesn't the sun travel east to west?
>>
>>36368953
Yeah, but by the time it reaches west towards the end of the day depending on the time of year/where you live it can render the sun pretty fucking useless for this method. Most days the "sunny" part of the sun is usually gone by 5-6pm during summer, it's only on some days where the "sunny" part of the sun is still active that late in the day when the sun is heading west.

OP's method works best around 11am to 2pm IMO which is when the sun is around at East heading towards North. From the looks of his diagram his backyard is setup in a way that suits that time.
>>
>>36368158
Humans haven't existed for millions of years, and those humans that spent all day in the sun didn't live to thirty. I agree the fear mongering is probably overdone though.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (34 KB, 553x232) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
34 KB, 553x232
>>36369562
>Humans haven't existed for millions of years, and those humans that spent all day in the sun didn't live to thirty.

see pic related

>I agree the fear mongering is probably overdone though.

it is, check

>>36368873
>>36368895
>>36368900
>>
>>36369611
I don't understand the pic, or how it's relevant to what I said about prehistoric humans or their lifespans.
>>
>>36367981
where the fuck am I supposed to sunbathe completely naked?
>>
>>36369657

Somewhere quiet? Are you telling me there's nowhere nearby without people? Sounds like heck.
>>
>>36369636
Incorrectly using statistics to try and give weight to your own opinion.

You're only equating for in 1 potential factor into your equation of reasoning of probability without accounting for any other possible factors that could detract and act against from what you think is the most probable answer.

There are literally 10,000 other factors that come into play for why Humans barely lived till 30. Sun exposure is only 1 factor. How sure can you be it has anything to do with that? When we literally have modern-day evidence from researching showing us that skin cancer rates increasing in rates faster for those who work in-doors compared to out-doors. Not to say not going in the sun gives cancer, if I said that I would be incorrectly using statistics like you are. The fact is there are so many factors that come into play that you need to discover them all and use bayes theorem to come to some type of understanding, if you miss out on any important data your results will be wrong. When you have tens of thousands of different factors in play your chances of selecting the actual cause is extremely low.
>>
>>36368064
Found the beta
>>
>>36368873
>mercola
It's not a good source m8.
>>
>>36367981
Are you fucking bent
>>
Why are tanning beds bad? It should give the same effect as sunlight, you just have to stay in them for a shorter time.
>>
File: 13436345235.jpg (37 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
13436345235.jpg
37 KB, 512x384
>trees and buildings cover the sun where i live

thanks inner city
>>
>>36370478
Same for me.
Except only buildings, no trees.
>>
>>36369711
Oh no no you misunderstood me, I was saying humans died too quickly to see the long term negative effects of sun exposure, actually I was just presently that as a complication of the reasoning in this thread.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.