[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if SS+GOMAD/SL are trolls for beginners, which program will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: goals.jpg (88 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
goals.jpg
88 KB, 600x450
So if SS+GOMAD/SL are trolls for beginners, which program will get me big and strong?
>>
>>36363274
They aren't you fuckhead. The people who stick with them for 2+ years are the true retards.
>>
OP confirmed for never going to make it
>>
>>36363287
How long would you stick with SL? What program would you do after for aesthetics?
>>
>>36363334
Until it stops working, which is usually between a few months and a year.
>>
>>36363274
Reg Park's Beginner's 5x5
>>
>>36363334
starting strength, read the book, not these shitposters
>>
5/3/1 has been solid for me since 2012
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 245x300
>>
ss AND gomad
>>
SS is only a troll if you're too dumb to recognize the "starting" part.
>>
The average lifter can go from beginner to a 2 plate bench and a 3 plate squat before the SS program stops working. The average lifter can achieve that in 6 months. Hard to argue against that.
>>
>>36364611
anyone got a link to direct download or torrent?
>>
>>36363274
5x5 as a beginner routine is not a troll.

What happens is people expect a "quick fix" to get jacked as fuck. These routines are there for you to build a foundation base on. These routines will get you strong, and fast, as well as teaching you the form for some irreplaceable barbell movements.

So go do SS/SL, once you reach the end of the routines you can then branch out into more intermediate routines which will focus on your goal, be that bodybuilding, strength training, powerlifting etc.

Worth stating that GOMAD is a routine designed for very hungry skeletons who need to put on any kind of weight fast. If you're not you don't need to.
>>
>>36364991
>>36364736
This and this.

You need to be able to lift decent weight before an "advanced" routine will work for you.

Take something with extremely high volume like Arnold's " Mass Blueprint". If you can lift some serious weight, stick at it to the letter, and fucking eat properly, this is a good routine for bulking.

But if you can lift fuck all, eat nothing, and just piss around with your buddies in the gym, you've just turned a good routine into a shitty pointless bro-split.

That's why SS/SL work - because they instil discipline, allow you to learn good form, and teach you how to progressively increase the weight you're lifting each and every time you lift.
>>
>>36364991
Reasonable advice on /fit/? This board is falling apart.

But seriously, this.
>>
>>36363334

SS is only good for like 3-6 months for the very novice. A year is cruising for T-Rex mode.
>>
>>36364736

SS is fucked for bench progress. Not enough bench in the regular program (hence T-rex)
>>
>>36368138
If you want a more balance routine, greyskull lp is pretty decent for upper body, just progress on it as you would on SS

Trex mode is easy to avoid.
Just squat until your thighs chafe when you get a pump, then stop squatting, and just do cleans, hip thrust, and diddly instead.
>>
>>36363448
That is an intermediate program, not a beginner..
>>
File: Good Routines.gif (733 KB, 2544x1737) Image search: [Google]
Good Routines.gif
733 KB, 2544x1737
>>36363334

You should do SS, you should do it until it's no longer possible to make linear progress (probably 6-9 months if you eat and sleep enough, if you haven't hit AT LEAST 315 3x5 squats you did it wrong), then you should do some advanced novice program in the pic.

Then you have options for intermediate programming. I recommend a Texas Method style set up that still focuses on Squat/Bench/OHP/Dead (probably for 8 reps per set instead of the usual 5 for everything but deadlift), but with some accessory lifts for 8-12 reps after the core lifts on Volume and Intensity days. Dips, curls, MAYBE barbell rows and something to target your deltoids and pecs.
>>
>>36368282

That is an advanced routine, not an intermediate.
>>
>hey guys i'm a beginner and want to get strong
>what's the best routine for me besides these strength based routines designed for beginners?

JUST
>>
File: 1457822713920.png (63 KB, 877x705) Image search: [Google]
1457822713920.png
63 KB, 877x705
>>36363334
>>
>>36365042
>>36368305
Why can't you hop onto Lyle McDonald's General Bulking routine straight away? It has everything that SS has, except you can squat only two times a week, and of course you increase loads by session rather than week.
>>
>>36369848
SS increases load by session doesn't it?
>>
>>36369966
Yes it does.
>>
>>36363287
You seem like you know what you're talking about, but just seem...
>>
>>36369814
is this good? what kind of weights should i use?
>>
>>36363274
If you want to be aesthetic
SL -> PPL -> Bro Split
>>
Greyskull or PPL
>>
>>36364611
is it good?
>>
>>36368305
if after a year of lifting my numbers are shot after a cut do i just try and restart the program ?
>>
>>36371972
What is the difference between greyskull and SS besides AMRAP?
>>
SS->5/3/1->PPL
>>
>>36363274
Cube for strongman
>>
>>36364991
GOMAD is for skinny teenagers doing twoaday football practices
>>
>>36372182
bent-over rows

and it sounds kinda neet. Greyskull
>>
>>36372182
greyskull has slower progress, but contains more fluff to keep beginners happy. you're better off just doing SS as quickly as possible and move on to a intermediate program if you really want to do your precious curls.
>>
Anything with linear progression -> ppl
>>
I'm currently doing SS and it ain't a meme.
It's a good program, but don't forget to add accesories.
>>
>>36372412
I tried SS twice and both times started stalling after a couple of weeks. I assumed I was just a weakling but is it more likely to be not enough food or shit form?
>>
>>36372620
what accessories do you do? be specific please
>>
>>36372660
Different Anon here, but chin ups and dips are all you really need as accessories.
You could also do some Back Extensions but I personally don't cause I can't be bothered to.
>>
Pretty much if you want size and strength doing an Upper/Lower split is great for strength and hypertrophy

Day 1-Lower Body (Legs Abs, focus on squats and deadlifts)
Day 2-Upper Body (Chest, Back, Shoulders, Arms (maximum 1 exercise of 3 sets)
Day 3-Rest/Active rest
Day 4-Lower Body (Legs, Abs, focus on squats and deadlifts)
Day 5-Upper Body (Chest, Back, Shoulders, Arms (maximum 1 exercise of 3 sets)
Day 6-Rest/Active rest
Day 7-Rest/Active rest

Focus first upper/lower workout on strength 4-6 reps and the other on hypertrophy 8-12 reps

Really simple and works

Do 2 exercises per muscle group except arms and calves, do one with 3 sets.
>>
What can I replace power cleans with in SS? Some people say pendlay rows other people are arguing against it. I just don't want to hurt myself doing power cleans. I've tried doing it several times but I can't get down correct form and I'm already a month into SS, I dont have the money to hire a trainer to show me or something so I would rather just replace it. Any ideas?
>>
>not doing canditos beginner program

sure is pleb in here
>>
>>36372660
sorry i was buysy
Do some curls for bic and close grip bench for tric.
I've just added incline also (but after two months of training) and lateral rises.
Ocassionally me and my bro do the shrugs. All u need to get big.
I've been doing SS for 2 months, already getting compliments. Eat sleep and train
C y around
>>
>>36373659
thanks. what are your thoughts on squatting 3 times a week?
>>
>>36373954
well i can't do it because i train viet boxing too (so literally i couldnt even walk)
but i already see that i will have to dedicate some weeks to hit the squats hard in order to catch up with legs.
If you do only the gym, do the squats. (not feeling too good with squatting three times a week? dont do it)
don't always take serious these fags 'U HAVE TO SQUAT EVERYDAY' it's your body and you know what is the best for You.
JUST DON'T BE LAZY
>>
>>36373954
same anon >>36374033
I will just add that i hit 1plate OHP today (wouldnt do it without curls - cuz my bic is weak)
On bench im doing 85kg for 5 reps now
Deadlift 90 kg - 3 reps
And squat - well max is probably something around 90-100.
it's great program but you have to know what do you need (and add if needed)
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.