[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (45 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
45 KB, 1024x768
What do I do /fit/?
>>
>>36360238
Holy shit I get this too

Am I fucked?
>>
>>36360250
>[Post a Reply]
Plantar Fasciitis lasts like two weeks for me, and it usually comes from running. I'm asking for advice on how to alleviate the pain.
>>
>>36360238
How much money are you able to spend to help ease the problem?
>>
>>36360266
I got like one hundred in my piggy bank.
>>
How about you stop standing on your fucking toes, faggot
>>
>>36360282
That's pretty funny, but my feet really hurt so please help :(
>>
>>36360275
Oh a piggy bank huh? Do you really have a hundred?
>>
>>36360299
Yeah I save my bucks, I was kidding about the piggy bank though.
>>
>>36360238
I have chronic plantar fasciitis. One of my legs is a bit shorter than the other, so I got used to toe walking until this bullshit happened.

Pretty sure the only way to fix it is to stretch your achilles. You could try physical therapy, but the exercises you google are what they'd have you do there.
>>
>>36360238

get fitted for actual running shoes, brooks are king

if you already have, buy new shoes because yours might be worn out
>>
Strap it up with rigid tape. I do it. It works. Feels 50% better after a week. I tear mine quite frequently. Taping is how podiatrists treat it... but fuck paying for someone to tape your foot. Tape needs to be rigid not that stretchy shit. Google it and do it.
>>
>>36360238
Icing and heating helped mine, but ultimately getting some decent running shoes with decent insoles helped me actually recover.
>>
>>36360238

I always get this with shitty shoes.

I can run 5 miles in nike free's without having this pain.
>>
>>36360238
i heard that you should strenghten calf on a foam roller, and strech for feet -stand on toes and apply pressure. Also, do exercise of grabbing a tower frow floor with your toes.
good luck
>>
I don't think I have fasciitis, but I get a really bad pain in my heals and they are super stiff and sore in the morning. Best thing I can find is Achilles tendonitis
>>
I got this from doing kickboxing, it feels there's a very tight "string" that hurts when stretched out. It comes back from time to time and it feels like I tore something.

Also get regular pain from being in boots and having a job where I walk/stand too much.
>>
Roll your feet out hard with a lacrosse ball. Especially on painful tender areas.
>>
I get it closer to the ball of my foot from playing drums. I've heard of rolling a golf ball under my foot. Is it just something that needs to be stretched?
>>
Actually make orthotics for a living boys, stretch your calves bruh it will work wonders if the tendons in your arch hurt. It will relieve pressure and stiffness in your plantar calcaneonavicular ligament and your plantar aponeuroisis. Stretch your calves as if that doesn't fix it you may need to get a pair of foot orthotics. Go go an orthotist not a podiatrist if you actually get a pair
>>
>>36361741
Plantar facicisitis can be a bit difficult to treat, flex your big to towards the ceiling. If if feels sore in your arch when doing this it's could a just a stiff flexor hallocis longus. Calf stretching can help this. If it actually gives you enough grief go to a doctor or an orthotist for an assement that can fix this stiff pretty good
>>
I've had it pretty bad for the last few months in both feet.
Wake up can hardly walk
Throughout the day, intense pain with every step.
Heel spurs so it's even worse.

Started icing both feet every day after work and it seems to be helping
Also using skinny foam roller on bottom of feet.
>>
>>36361741
>>36365352
I fucked up my feet pushing the sled for football in high school, struggled with plantar fasciitis for what seems like half my life now (I'm 34).

The only thing that really made a huge difference is night braces. Everyone is different, but that really helped for me.
>>
>>36365412
It's really hard to treat because you need to support the medial arch so nothing stretches too much during a normal foot step as well as cushion the impact out the natural straightening and flattening during a foot step is on of the best ways to cushion but you can't do that anymore. Catch 22 situation. It's good that braces help though
>>
>>36365445
Yes exactly, the doctor told me the only fix for myself at this point is surgical repair and I'd be off my feet for a while, suggested that I do one foot at a time so I could still get to work.

I was told the night braces help because they prevent my plantar fascia from contracting overnight, keeping them in this semi stretched state.
>>
>>36365301
This guy. I stretch my calves dynamically on a stair. Feels great when you are done you probably don't even know how tight they are
>>
>>36360261
>Plantar Fasciitis
heel spurs maybe?
>>
Get a lacrosse ball and massage your feet with it.
>>
>>36360238
get a tennis ball and roll the fuck out of your arch/bottom of foot with it multiple times daily
>>
>>36366383
>>36366095
>>36362832
>>36360295
>>36360261
Stretch your calves
>>
>>36360238
I unintentionally treated mine when i took up skipping rope. The tissue gets stronger and stops tearing.
>>
>>36360261
>lasts like two weeks
>usually comes from running

I'm not a scientist, nor am I a doctor, but I think if you avoided running for two weeks the problem would go away.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.