[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here work at a 24 hour gym and work the night shifts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (81 KB, 468x308) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81 KB, 468x308
Anyone else here work at a 24 hour gym and work the night shifts?

Post some shit that you hate/like about it
>>
You first.
>>
>>36356342
Like: job can be comfy as hell

Hate: when people try to have a conversation with you at 3:30 in the morning
>>
I always do it at 5 in the morning and recently more and more people are doing it. I wouldn't complain but this means the squat rack is always fucking occupied by the same fucker. He stands there in an hour doing one squat ever so often.
>>
>>36356533
It's just because it's the beginning of spring anon.

they'll be gone soon, it's ok...
>>
I workout between 2 and 5am most nights. Really empty untill around 5 then its nothing but milfs running on the treadmill. Overall not bad
>>
There was this weird guy who came in the early hours of the mornig wearing only a speedo, sometimes with his girlfriend, he got really freaked out when he found out a girl had been coming every day ar the same time to watch and laugh at him.
>>
My gym advertises itself as a 24 hour gym but the gym isn't 24 hour in the slightest

Open 6:00am-10:00pm on weekdays
Open 8:00am-8:00pm on weekends

What kind of bullshit hours are those, goodlife fitness in Canada seems to always advertise as 24 hours and it says on the physical building but those hours are pretty shit
>>
>>36356329
Easiest job in the world. There's almost nobody in the gym here at that time, between 1 and 3 usually literally nobody. I usually use that time to watch a movie or something. Beyond that I study for uni. It's pretty fucking great that I get paid for that.
>>
>>36356329
I go to a 24 hour gym, but I mostly go during the day anyways. However it's nice knowing that I can go no matter the time, especially since working at McD's (at least I have a job faggots) means I might be working until 21:30 and can't get to the gym until 22:00. My workouts are usually around 2 hours long so the only other gym around wouldn't work since it closes at 23:00.

Like:
>don't have to worry about when I finish work
>can wait a few hours if I finish work during the gym rush hour
>obviously quite af if I do go late

can't really say anything "bad" about my gym being a 24h one
>>
>>36356814
I never really understood the point of having people work at a 24 hour gym. I workout at one but it doesn't have any staff, just cameras to make sure you don't steal anything, and it has steel bars on the windows and a special door to get in. Is it a big one you work at?
>>
>>36356830
I would imagine in case someone gets injured.
>>
>>36356837
My gym doesn't have anything like that, it doesn't have much in the way of staff at all to be honest. The gym owner is at the reception from about 16:00-20:00 but that's only Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and, that's only to take membership dues.

He does have a cleaner who comes in a little sporadically every few weeks, but other than that, no staff. So if you're there are 3AM and get injured you'll have to solve it yourself.
>>
My gym is 24 hours and the guy who works from 10pm - 6am is just a cleaning bitch. They fired the cleaning lady who was there every day now staff have to do her job.
>>
surprised they actually have people work at the gym 24 hours

easiest fucking job

how can I get that job
>>
>>36356830
>cleaning
>safety
>liability
>customer service
>>
>>36356910'

>cleaning

can be done during the day so you're not paying overnight penalties

>safety

can easily work your way around this with contracting terms.

>liability

same as above

>customer service

nobody comes to the gym at 3 am and needs customer service.

i've never heard of 24 hour gyms having overnight staff.

they're usually empty, and it's usually a swipe in system.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.