[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be your training and nutrition if health (not aesthetics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: healthy-for-life.jpg (217 KB, 1445x894) Image search: [Google]
healthy-for-life.jpg
217 KB, 1445x894
What would be your training and nutrition if health (not aesthetics or strength) were your goal?
>>
Health=Strength & Aesthetics.
>>
I guess a lot of cardio and don't eat junk food 24/7
>>
I'm gonna get shit on for this but I'd probably go vegan. Well I'd eat some sorts of fish and free run eggs, I don't know if that classifies as vegan or not and I genuinely don't care but you get the point. Lots of fruits, lots of veggies. Also for training lots of cardio and bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>36356060
One of the dumbest posts
>>
>>36355928
Having a strong cardiovascular system, being fairly lean and fairly strong is important if you want to be healthy.
The fatter you are, the greater your risk of dying from about a million causes.
Your grip strength and your ability to get up from the floor on yourself (perhaps more relevant for older people) have both been linked directly to mortality rate i.e. chance of dying.

That being said, as someone you's been lifting for some years, I can tell you for sure that there is a HUGE difference between training for health (even if it does encompass strength and aesthetics to some extend) and training for maximal performance. The more aggressively you try to push the envelope as far as performance goes, the less healthy it actually becomes. Some training is good, too much training is bad. Your joints will begin to suffer.

I feel that if you train for health you should focus your efforts not only on getting stronger, but instead focus evenly on cardiovascular condition, mobility, strength IN ALL AREAS AND PLANES of movement, and body composition. Lots of kettlebell exercises are very good for this purpose. They're great for the joints and they keep you from crushing your body with 200 kg barbell exercises (not that there's anything wrong with the occassional heavy deadlift, but if that's all you do and you do it frequently, then it WILL take its toll).
>>
>>36356118

As I said, I'm probably going to get shit on for this. Your answer probably is 280g of protein a day, a multi and heavy deadlifts so whatever.
>>
>>36356130
One of the dumbest posts
>>
I'd do a lot more stretching and cardio
>>
>>36356127
What would be a good body fat percentage: 12%? Agreed on the shift from health to performance at one point (even in nutrition), this could worse on cardio activities
>>
>>36356654
You don't actually have to be that lean, as long as you're not fat. Also, the fat that sits around your waist has been slown to be a bigger predictor in terms of health issues. In other words it's cool to carry a bit of extra flab around (if you're otherwise in good shape and active) as long as it doesn't all sit in your belly and love handles.
>>
>>36356060

>i'd go vegan
>fish and eggs
>lots of fruits

Holy fucking cancer
>>
I'd do Calisthentics and Conditioning + Strength Work
>>
Healthiest option.

Lots of veggies, different types.
Some fruit, but not to excess, a few pieces, definitely some citrus in there.
Nuts, different types.
Small portions of fish and eggs. Chicken. Red meat, but it has to be on the rarer side.

Probably minimal dairy and minimal grains. Dairy is okay, excellent protein and fats, but reacts badly with many people. Grains are just not needed.

No multivitamins or tablets.

Lots of water, decent sun exposure.

Weightlifting, yoga and cardio are a must. Fat percentage at about 14-16%, no need to have abs.
>>
>>36356840

Decent sleep, frequent sex and meditation to reduce stress and anxiety.

A good social life is also good for your health
>>
Less lifting and more cardio, but that's about it. I already do mobility/flexibility work and I've been eating plant-based vegetarian since birth.
Thank you based mum and dad for my veggie gains. If you grew up in a carnivore household I feel bad for hours son, I got 99 problems but carcinogens ain't one.
>>
>>36356886
>I got 99 problems but carcinogens ain't one
I think you should see if you can find WHO's actual list of carcinogens and check. I'd be pretty baffled if you aren't exposed to a couple of thousand of them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.