[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arnold Schwarzenegger says to always lift to fatigue even warm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Arnold Schwarzenegger says to always lift to fatigue even warm up sets should go to 15 reps so you tire your muscles.

Hodge twins say not to lift to fatigue so that you can complete all your sets with a relatively high amount of weight.

What does /fit/ do?
>>
>>36348201
follow an actual routine and measure your progress by weight lifted, not by fatigue induced
>>
Depend on your goals.
Some say eat activated almonds to obtain the best of the nutrients.
Some say do not activate it due to the fact that you are not accomplishing anything.

Only a true 5%'er will do what he wants, and make gains. Right babe?
>>
My first warmup set is 15 or so reps, really light weight
I do 4-6 warmup sets. As weight increases reps decrease. My last set before working weight is typically 6 reps
>>
>>36348201
I have a hard time believing anything Arnold says because a) He hasn't been natty since his teenage years, so he can't relate to natty lifters anymore, and b) He is the king of mind games, I wouldn't put it passed him to give shit advice as a joke
>>
>>36348213
t. Small guy
>>
>>36348224
god this place has become fucking awful....just reddit kids who try to shove as many fitness memes they can into every one of their posts....

depends on your goals though really, im a tru bodybuild and i am a STRONG believer in training by feel and finding what works for you. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY while training.

as for your post though I dont really understand hwat you are asking....are you talking about just the warm up lifting to fatigue? or the whole day's work
>>
>>36348255
Shit you got me, I do go to failure every set, its the key to making gains.
Make sure you always squat and deadlift to failure /fit/izens!
>>
>>36348262
Implying this place will ever be good because shit cunts cant take a joke.
I always wonder the lifestyle people like you live? Do people actually like you? Or do they realize your a sad mopey cunt who can make jokes, or take jokes?
>>
>>36348213
yeah because you will ONLY see results if you are following a cookie cutter program, like kino's warrior shred program. has a totally non faggot name and it sounds cool so its legit dude trust me. plus do you know how badass you will sound when you tell people youre doing the warrior shred? if you arent following a filt program you arent going to get anywhere

trust me bro buying into these lying fake natty filt routines is the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!!1111!!!!!!

fucking faggots baka
>>
>>36348283
that wasnt even a joke though, it was just a bunch of non-related fitness memes crammed into a sentence or two.....also jokes are usually funny, fucking fag

just like the cancerous youtube comments. i know youve only been here a couple weeks but yeah at one time, this place was pretty good....
>>
>>36348262
Sounds like someone didn't activate his almonds.
>>
>>36348283
>becoming all sassy because nobody liked your tryhard shitpost

Fuck off m8, you're not funny.
>>
>>36348300
could you reccomend me a routine then?
Or am I better off trying to make my own even though I have no background in fitness at all
>>
>>36348332
Go to scooby's website and look up everything he posts. http://scoobysworkshop.com/
>>
>>36348354
Will you go outside today?
>>
stay 1-2 reps short of failiure

on later sets you can to more all out then earlier sets

its good to not go as heavy/push out fewer reps on earlier sets as it wont screw up your following sets as much
>>
>>36348363
????????/
>>
>>36348354
how is this different from using other online resources to find a routine? I was merely trying to bring up that training everything to failure is a sure sign that the person lifting does not know what they are doing.
>>
>>36348201

I go to failure on my sets after the 2nd. E.g. I might do:

5 reps, 5 reps, 6 reps, 5 reps, 4 reps

so I went to failure on the 3rd, 4th and 5th sets. If on the 3rd set I can do 7 reps I will increase the weight for the next session.
>>
Why should Arnold Schwarzenegger be a credible source of any kind? He trained in basically dark ages of fitness science, pumped his shit up full of steroids, and had best genetics in a world
Not that vegantwins are any better
>>
>>36348549
Because he is a demagogue of the fitness world
>>
>>36348201
The Hodgetwins are borderline retarded and Arnold has always been full of shit.

Just do your own research and experimentation if you want to figure out what works.
>>
File: 1453584275587.png (92 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
1453584275587.png
92 KB, 1008x1008
You do low-weight, high-rep for warm-up. After that, it depends on your goals. See pic related.
>>
>>36349374
>You do low-weight, high-rep for warm-up.
Nope, I don't.
Many powerlifters don't either.
>>
>>36348242

Bad advices
>>
>>36349374
The way you warm up depends entirely on what you are doing.
If you are doing sets of 5 that are heavy, you warm up with sets of five that are a percentage lighter than your working weight.
Same with sets of 8, 10, 12, etc.
Warming up is supposed to prepare you for the working set, not tire you out before you preform it.
>>
>>36349430
>Many powerlifters don't either.
Nobody cares about powerlifters other than powerlifters and their gay powerlifting.
>>
>>36349374
>warm up
>making it

does a lion warm up before it hunts?

does the prey warm up before it runs away.

man, millenials are such faggots.
>>
>>36348394
Because this is the wrong place to ask. This board is basicly /b/ except for two things

>Memes must relate to fitness things
>SFW threads only
>>
>>36349430
you're not a powerlifter brah
>>
>>36348201
who has more gains? theres your answer
>>
>>36349612
Did I imply that then?
>>
>>36349605
I still believe /fit/ has some generally knowledgable people. That its not all trolls and /b/tards, some people genuinely want to help and teach others here
>>
I warm up to where I'm gonna start breaking a little sweat or feel just slightly fatigued, but nothing too intense, my main concern is hitting my programmed lifts. I do go to failure usually on the last set though just to make sure I'm recruiting more muscle fibers and getting the benefits of going to failure
>>
>>36348230
Basically this. I do light warm up but rep til failure just on some specific muscle workout.
>>
>>36348201
I just do bench press and bicep curls until I think I've impressed enough people then take some snapchats in the mirror flexing and leave
>>
>>36348201
I life to failure every set.

We all know that the real factor that matters is not weight alone or reps alone, but volume. When building a routine, you designate X sets for Y reps. How do you determine the right amount of weight? Muscle fatigue. The right weight = however much would make it impossible to exceed your goal number of reps each set.
>>
>>36348549
Look at his mongoloid kid. Muh genetics aren't the whole story.

Roiding alone won't do anything, either. You still have to work, and he clearly knew how to work based not on what the latest meme was being circulated on fitness blogs, but on what gave him results.

You show me a guy with a more beautiful physique than Arnold in his prime, and I'll listen to him over Arnold.
>>
>>36348230
6 warm up sets
hahahaha youre fucking joking right?
>>
>>36349374
Very useful image, thanks.

I often have problems increasing my endurance, this shows why: I'm simply lifting too heavy.
>>
>>36349632
trappy chan?
>>
>>36350351
>>
>>36350186
>Roiding alone won't do anything, either. You still have to wor
lol
>>
>>36350195
When I squat/deadlift I start empty bar and go up by half-plates; that's 5 sets by the time you get to 2pl8
Although I sometimes start at 1pl8 when deadlifting if I've done back extensions as part of my warmup
>>
>>36350408
Go and roid while not excercizing intensively. Have fun.
>>
>>36350529
There have been studies on it
you still gain muscle mass and in beginners they gain more muscle mass doing nothing than their natty counterparts that worked out
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.