[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am desparate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: MDFG3IQf.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MDFG3IQf.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
I am a fat fuck. I fell for all the dumb fats logic, I try a diet and within 3 days I fuck up. I weigh 242 lb and am 5 foot 8. I have joined a gym with a pool, large free weights area (dumbbells up to 100kg and 2 squat racks with 300kg of plates each). I also have a bike.
I have seen the recommendation of Starting Strength everywhere... would that be best for me trying to 'cut' from whale to normal?
How much cardio would you recommend?

I work full time and would be able to guarantee up to 3 hours a day, 4 consecutive days a week every week, and the same for the other 3 every two weeks.

Please help me, I was falling into every delusion and just don't know what is has and feminise bullshit and what is real.
Please save me fit!
>>
>>36348101
Just stop eating
>>
Read the sticky
>>
So far I have planned a rough diet, please give further recommendations:
Breakfast - Porridge
Dinner - ham and reduced fat salad cream sandwich. 1 Clementine, 1 Apple, Water (no more damn fizzy juice) and a 100 calorie Cereal bar.
Supper - Seasoned Chicken breast (1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of whatever herbs I want that day and a single chicken breast) with 100grams of wholegrain rice.

I have replaced latte's with Black Tea with no sugar, and removed all fizzy juice from my diet.
>>
Google keto calculator, walk more don't worry about cardio that much
>>
>>36348101
Don't bother. Since you were too stupid to read the sticky or lurk before posting you're never gonna make it.
>>
dude... losing weight is the fucking easiest thing about fitness.

Just stop eating.

You should be hungry all the time

Only eat one small/medium meal a day and the weight will come off quick enough. eventually you will get used to being hungry and stop thinking about it.
>>
Cut sugar out of your diiet. Eat nothing with HFCS. Only drink water.
3 1hr workouts a week will be enough to wipe you out. Dont burn yourself out.
>>
Open up your app store and search for Stronglifts 5x5

Download it

Follow it and use it.

After each workout done using said app, do some cardio and then go home and rest.

In addition to everything said above, read and reread the portion of the sticky that covers counting calories and weight loss. That's the most important part of losing weight.

>>36348160
This is a good start. Just make sure you heed my advice and count your calories.
>>
Dont worry about eating fat. It leaves you feeling full. Sugar stimulates appetite. Its why the food industry puts it in everything.
>>
>>36348192

What this guy said.

Do NOT work out 3 hours a day, that is guaranteed failure. Start with light cardio in combination with cutting. Take a walk everyday or something. Your first problem is food, not exercise.
>>
>>36348220
Good point. Thank you. Would it be beneficial to bake my own bread to make sure there is no added sugar for the sandwiches?

>>36348193
To follow that program should I get a lifting belt for safety?
Also I will keep a food diary, will make sure to write in - what, how much and the calories before consuming it so that I can avoid fatty logic (numbers harder to ignore).

Thank you all for the help here.

I have four more questions:
1) Do the sugars in fruit count as causing an increase in appetite?
2) I plan on 'padding out' my sandwich with red pepper and spinach, are there other recommendations I could add?
3) What can be done to stop the rice from being so dry without adding excessive calories?
4) In my food diary - as well as what and the calories, should I note down the protein or sugars in each part?

And for motivation I will post my fuck-ups in an FPS thread.
>>
>>36348101

read the sticky you fat shit
>>
Simple op.
1. Cut shitty food from your diet
2. Eat 3 meals a day
3. Eat at a 500 kcal deficit
>>
>>36348359
>stop the rice from being so dry
cant you just add more water to it? splosh a bit in while it simmers if it looks dry
>>
>>36348101
try IF 16:8
>>
With Stronglifts 5x5, Could I replace the overhead press with something else? (I have a dodgy shoulder)
Would Lat Pull Downs (Progressing to Pull Ups) be suitable for the barbell row, I have never managed a pull up and am taunted by that fact?
>>
>>36348359
Not guy you're responding to, but if you make all of your food from scratch, you will probably stop eating a fuckton and it'll be higher quality food.
>>
>not reading sticky first
>not gonna make it
>>
>>36348359
You don't need a belt at all.
>>
>Calculate your TDEE
>Eat 600 calories less than that
>Lift weights
>Do 45 minutes of light cardio

Done.
>>
>>36348160

>No porridge for breakfast. Whey protein and water.
>No sandwich. Rice and broccoli with a bite of chicken.
>Supper looks good, add some greens and you got a meal
>>
>>36350004

>Keto

Completely unnecessary, especially when the guy weights 242lb
>>
>>36348101
OP, everyone here is giving good advice. Now it's up to you. I to am working on losing the weight. I've started at 270 lb about your hight and currently 200 (still a ways to go).

>>17018018

Read it. It will do more to help you than anyone's replies will. Only because it covers everything you will ask, and stuff you wont think of asking.

Lastly this is not an easy road. At best you should lose 1 to 2 lbs a week. This is a safe weight lose. Any more can be dangerous. You will be emotionally fucked during this. The hunger and depression will set it, but you must have the resolve to fight it. You are the only person that can do this. Don't give up. When it gets hard remember, we are all fighting. You are NOT alone.
>>
>>36348359
Hey bro. For making rice delish add a bit of tumeric and some Mrs Dash to the water. It'll come out a gorgeous yellow colour with a nice aroma from the Mrs Dash. Add some veggies to it if that's your thing. Carrots, corn and peas are kind of the classics. Spinach and other greens work well. Beet greens and Swiss chard.
>>
>>36350126
Thank you very much. The replies in this thread were exactly what I needed. I am off to start this adventure, and will remain on this board for any more needed sound advice.
Once again, Thank you all.
>>
>>36348101
>100kg dumbbells
>>
File: FIT Diet TL DR.jpg (871 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
FIT Diet TL DR.jpg
871 KB, 1126x1001
>>36350197
>>
>>36348101
You have identified the issue. This is the most important first step.
Ignore the dickheads who would discourage you for the lulz and keep going. Baby steps at first is fine.
Good luck.
>>
>>36348160
>No vegetables

At least 60% of your diet should be vegetables. They also fill you up and make it easier to stop eating shit.

I've never counted my calories but I've also never been overweight and I know fatties almost always underestimate what they're actually eating, so I'd side with the other guy and say count your cals.

>>36348359
Related tip: Cooking any kind of rice with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil then leaving it for 12+ hours will reduce the calories of the rice by up to 50%
Google for more info.

Also never rely on motivation. Build discipline and shape your environment towards making you more likely to continue following through instead.

Rock on.
>>
>>36350032
Nah it may be good for him

I would suggest low carbs OP. No pasta, no bread, no potato's. Try a high protein and high fat diet. It fills you up. Honestly. Have a breakfast that's high in fat and high/medium protein and see how you find yourself not hungry during the rest of the day.
>>
90% of your fat can be lost through not eating. I'd try one small meal a day with light regular exercise. If you go for no food, which is viable, then make sure you get your micronutrients
>>
>>36350224
Cottage cheese and greek yogurt underrated.
Add some cocoa powder and a bit of sweatener to either and it's an easy cheap calorie lunch/breakfast.
Soaking oats in a mix of greek yogurt and milk over night with some flavoring has been good too.
The texture and taste of cottage cheese is so good
>>
>>36348140
/thread
>>
>>36350376
Try a high quality protein powder and miss it with some Greek yogurt and coconut milk if you do it right the consistency is like soft serve and you'll get more protein than a fucking steak it's crazy bro.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.