[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Clean food vs dirty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: KIMG0467.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0467.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
Curious: how does /fit/ eat

Do you dirty bulk or clean bulk? And why?

Do you dirty cut or clean cut? And why?

If you eat dirty can you really call yourself fit? I know at its most basic level calories in, calories out but still shouldn't we be aiming to fill those calories up with good clean food?

Just wanted to hear people's perspective.
>>
>>36341642
google clean bulk and dirty bulk for me senpai
>>
How the fuck can you "dirty cut"?
>>
>>36341648
For why?
>>
>>36341651
>1 big mac + fries a day.
>Only meal for 2 months
>shredd
>>
>>36341651
Eat shitty processed foods but remain under your TDEE
>>
>>36341651

Meaning eating junk food (cookies, chips, soda), fast good, cheat meals etc while still remaining within calorie intake
>>
>>36341683

Sounds like a great way to miss literally all of your other macros and lose your gains, not to mention suffering from several vitamin deficiencies.

Srsly OP, nobody fucking "dirty cuts" that was stupid thing to say.
>>
/dirtycut/ here

I've had carrot cake, a big mac, large fries and some Ben and Jerrys today. Cutting can be so tasty.
>>
>>36341719
So you're saying that everyone who cuts eats healthy just sticks to fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, protein, fiber, etc etc because I browse fit enough to know people don't do that, to know people on here chest weekly and monthly

At the same time I know there are those who choose to cut clean with no chests with no processed crap with no fast food junk food so that's why I ask

Curious about people's personal preference and why

Me personally I'm cutting right now and I've had girl scout cookies, cakes and lies galore, fast food, cheat every weekend. I'm still definitely losing weight and have not failed yet and don't plan to become fat again but I def wouldn't call my cut clean
>>
>>36341719

BTW I also know not everyone pays attentions to macros on here. Again I'm inquiring about personal preferences

Share yours or stfu
>>
I fucking hate when this topic comes up. Tell me EXACTLY what defines a clean food from a dirty food, I want to know the difference. Is a McDonald's cheeseburger a dirty food, even though it has good macros? Is a cheeseburger you make yourself a dirty food, because unless you slaughter your own meat your meat has some sort of preservatives in it. What is the breaking point?
There is no such thing as dirty or clean foods, as long as you get your macros and all your nutritional values get it from whatever you want to. Is 80 calories of milk worse or better for you than 80 calories of soda?
Oh and dirty cutting isn't a real thing you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>36341756
>I browse fit enough to know people don't do that
>i browse an anime discussion forum for fitness advice

you see where im going?
>>
>>36341683
yeah, theoretically that will work. but i guarantee you will be a starving motherfucker unless you fast all day then eat a meal of shit at night.
>>
>>36341756

Cheating once a week is fine if you're on an otherwise strict diet.

There is not a single person out there who is successfully cutting while eating whatever the fuck they want every day and you're a moron if you think otherwise.
>>
>>36341778

>is 80 calories of milk better or worse for you than 80 calories of soda??

Hmm so it sounds like you believe calories in calories out but honestly if you can't understand the difference between milk and soda or a fast food burger vs a home cooked one then I can't help you but again how people view food is all preference so clearly when it comes to good all you care about is macros and calorie content. Cool got it thanks for your input mongoloid
>>
>>36341789
>imply I seek fitness advice on /fit
>assuming
>ass
>u
>>
Redpill me on vegetables /fit/.
>>
>>36341843
>hurdurrr give me bulk tips pls
>h-hey guyzz how do i d-dirty cut?!?

kek
>>
>>36341873
Just stop because I have no interest in bulking this don't need or care about any advice on it and I don't need advice to cut because how one cuts depends on the individual fucking retard
>>
>>36341769

Not everyone pays attention to macros, but everyone at least pays attention to calories and protein.

You won't be meeting your required protein intake by eating fucking cookies and chips even if you reach your required caloric intake.

What a dumb thread.
>>
>>36341867
fuck off back to ledit with that stupidity/bait
>>
>>36341769

>agree with me of piss off

Fuck off faggot, he told you his preference and you got all pissy then told him to post his preference or stfu.
>>
>>36341867

eat them
>>
>>36341896
Are you high? Or just mexican?
>>
>>36341896
>how one cuts depends on the individual fucking retard
>how one cuts depends on the individual. Fucking retard

grammar is important you individual fucking retard
>>
>>36341642
I personally eat the majority of my food clean, and still enjoy little dirty tidbits every so often.
I think you can absolutely cut and bulk dirty and still be fit, but I think that the biggest determining factor is how much of your diet is dirty vs. clean.
The majority of what I eat is good, homemade food, or at least minimally processed. I plan to keep it that way when I switch to bulk, because I think it's the best way to go about things. I'll have more room to fit some junk in, which I probably will.
I think the distinction is that I'm not going to go absurd and switch to bulking with a meal from fast food every day, that I still don't consume sodas.
Ultimately, you can do it either way, but I think it's hard to claim with full honesty that bulking on 3000 calories from primarily fast food would be the same quality as bulking on 3000 calories of primarily homemade product.
>>
>>36341867
they're good for you.
less chemicals is usually better, but the importance of them being organic varies between products.
home gardening is a good idea but I don't know how to do it.
spinach and broccoli and asparagus and brussels sprouts are god tier.
>>
>>36342145
>buy seeds
>plant
>they grow

But no seriously if you have a chance to grow a garden do it. I wish I could but I live in Vegas. Can't plant shit in a backyard full of rocks . may look into indoor planting when I can
>>
>>36341642
Perma clean bulk at 300 calories over maintenance + 200 more on my workout days but if I want pizza I just get pizza, it only happens maybe once a month though.

I've never been a fatass, I hate the taste of sugar in general, I can't stand overly oily stuff, the only thing I ever crave is cheese and that's when I buy a pizza, but even then there's nothing preventing me from making a good recipe with cheese in it. So my whole diet is clean bulk even if I wanted to dirty bulk I couldn't stand eating so much disgusting stuff.
>>
The majority of my food intake is home made stuff, high in protein... but thats all I really account for besides calories. I do occasionally have McDonalds a few times per month, and like several dozen cans of diet dr. Pepper... dat weight still be dropping and I don't starve myself...

That's as dirty as I get. I stay away from shit like cheetos and regular sodas, cakes....

When I'm done with my weight loss, I'm going to celebrate with a yuge regular dr. Pepper and one of those $5.00 large pizzas from little ceasars... I'm downing it all in one sitting...
>>
>>36341745
You cutting at like 4500 calories?
>>
>>36341642
Based Mexican food for dat dirty bulk
>>
>>36342145
But Y are they good for you? It's such a nebulous concept whenever it gets brought up.
>>
>>36342383
fiber and vitamins and shit, not hard to just look up what's good in vegetables
>>
>>36342145
>less chemicals is usually better, but the importance of them being organic varies between products

>I get my nutrition information from Facebook posts and naturalnews.com
>>
>>36342433
>I get my memes from jewbook and dont recognize facts when I see them
>>
File: 1456458285803.jpg (33 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
1456458285803.jpg
33 KB, 425x283
>>36341642
>2016
>"""clean""" food
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.