[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw busted my nose Doc says my septum is all kind of fucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: deviated-septum-before-after.jpg (53 KB, 600x560) Image search: [Google]
deviated-septum-before-after.jpg
53 KB, 600x560
>tfw busted my nose

Doc says my septum is all kind of fucked and wants to operate. Anyone ever done this?
>>
>>36335488
>Tfw was born with a deviated septum
I feel like suffocating whenever I cover my right nostril
>>
>>36335520
ever thought of getting it fixed? I have the same problem when I cover my left nostril now. The doct gave me some fuckign nasonex until the insurance approves cutting me open.
>>
>>36335552
Yeah, but not anytime soon. I actually forget that I have it until I cover up one nostril.
>>
>>36335488
I was just told mine is all fucked up too. Probably from one of the three times I broke my nose. The last time I broke my nose was over 12 years ago so I said fuck off. I breath just fine.
>>
I got this from playing rugby but never had any issues with it.
>>
>>36335520
is it possible to have this but my nose looks completely normal/straight

its just like the inside is fucked, one nasal passage is normal and the other is so fucking tiny only a little bit of air goes through
>>
>>36335520
>>Tfw was born with a deviated septum
Me too I want it corrected but insurance won't cover it
>>
>>36335947

my nose is a bit crooked now but I definitely have a reduced airflow in my nostril. Also still have ringing in the ears ten days post injury.

This is likely the second time it's been broken. I took a baseball to the nosein middle school and never sought treament, which probably turned me into a mouth breather with tired eyes. Getting fit has taught me how fucking complicated and inter-dependent the body is, though this is the second injury I've suffered that will require surgery. I'm betting at this point that it would have been much cheaper to just keep on drinking myself to death.
>>
>>36335947
Yes, you can have this and look completely normal
>>
>no lifting for a month after surgery

Fugg. why must everything mean no lifting?
>>
Had this surgery in 08. Really worth it, I was able to use proper breathing technique for running after. I had very little pain after, the only thing that sucks is swallowing, because it creates a vacuum that pulls your nasal packing further into your sinuses and feels weird. Go to a good doctor, sometimes they fuck up and you'll have a permanently perforated septum.
>>
>>36335488
Don't bump your nose after the surgery. It's gonna hurt while it heals, obviously.
>>
>>36335488
Yes, got the surgery on september. Finally I was able to breath. Do it.
>>
>>36336432
>>36336453
>>36336467

I've only had this trouble for a week and a half and it's driving me nuts. Fullness in ears, tinnitus, trouble breathing, disordered sleep, and even balance problems. I can't imagine living with this for years at a time.
>>
File: 900px-Explosive_Rage.jpg (139 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
900px-Explosive_Rage.jpg
139 KB, 900x900
Several years ago I had surgery to correct what the doctor said was "underdeveloped" something. I forget. Anyways, one side of my nose is always clogged. The surgery didn't do a fucking bit of improving my breathing. Nothing. Fucking doctor.

It all stemmed from being a mouth breather as a child but no adult including physicians did anything about it. I plan on getting it properly fixed hopefully within the next five years.
>>
>>36335488
My sister had a deviated septum and had the surgery to get it fixed. She said it was one of the best decisions she's made and recommends it to everyone. Helped her breathing, stopped her snoring, and she said she felt more energized because she was getting more air than she was before.
>>
i have a deviated septum due to a boxing match.
after 6 months i realised i wasn't breathing well (i just wanted to train and i never listened to my body).
the fact is that now i suffer from sleep apnea and i'm in a really bad mood all day, every day, and sometimes i fall into the black hole of depression and i developed some kind of OCD. yeah, sleep is that important. i need this fucking surgery. two months and is my turn.
>>
File: nose.png (65 KB, 281x376) Image search: [Google]
nose.png
65 KB, 281x376
I was thinking about getting my nose operated on as well.

I have two issues with my nose:

1 = Deviated septum. Because of an accident many years ago. I can sleep on one side just fine, but the moment I turn to the other side, my nose closes and I can't breathe anymore.

2 = Crooked nose. My nose isn't straight anymore. This really bothers me because I feel like it makes my face looks more uneven than it is. One hole is bigger than the other. And my nose leans more to the left (from my perspective)

Now I know I can get the septum fixed, but what about getting my nose straightened? Is it a similar procedure like fixing the deviated septum? Or is it a very extensive surgery that will take months for my nose to heal?

>Pic related, it's what my nose looks like.
>>
>>36335488

Yes. Huge difference. I went from marginal breathing to proper breathing. I can sleep for eight hours instead of three and waking up choking. The improvement in my memory and energy levels is big. I don't need nasal sprays anymore.

Recovery was a bit miserable though. Until the packing is out you need to mouth breathe, and even with it out it takes a long while for the swelling to subside. Very bad sleep. Also nothing more physically taxing than walking for a few weeks.
>>
>>36335488
Dude with whom I trained busted his nise sparring. He got surgery and was out for 3 weeks. Looks exactly as it did pre-break.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.