[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to lose weight, but I've run into a problem,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 2015-06-07 22-26-10 Screenshot.png (516 KB, 860x674) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-07 22-26-10 Screenshot.png
516 KB, 860x674
I'm trying to lose weight, but I've run into a problem, /fit/.

I'm too fat to do situps. I have a couple dumbbells as exercise equipment and absolutely nothing else. What do I do?
>>
>>36334202
Run up and down the stairs
>>
File: tmp_8638-1457189007451511309620.png (565 KB, 575x603) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8638-1457189007451511309620.png
565 KB, 575x603
Read the sticky.
Get a fucking job and work 2 hours at minimum wage a month so you can afford gym
Do push-ups jumping jacks, burpees or just walk a lot at bare minimum.
Losing fat is mostly diet not exercise.
Count your calories with my fitness pal, or if extremely lazy but not diabetic just do low carb, helped me stay full on low cal, also do 16 hour fast aka skip breakfast
I know you won't actually do this since your post was entirely excuses.
You sound more excuse ridden than me and I'm an alcohol.
>>
Eat and sit less. Move more, even if it's just walking. You can do it!
>>
>>36334279
>gym for 15$ a month
Where? Cheapest worthwhile gym I ever joined (one powercage, one bench, a bunch of machines and plenty of treadmills) was 30$ a month with student discount
>>
>>36334202
Long walks with a weighted backpack.
>>
>>36334326
This, I had a guy in my communication class tell us how he went from size 42 waste to 32 just from walking everywhere.
>>
>>36334323
Work 4 hours then.
That's one hour a week
That's also assuming a bare minimum of skills and no tips
>>
>still haven't had anyone say how to exercise to get rid of my stomach fat

>>36334276
I already do that when I need to walk, but I don't have any stairs in my house.

>>36334279
Who can live on $15?
I eat 1800-2000 calories per day. My metabolism is just screwed up. I maintained my weight when I stopped eating entirely just by drinking water and taking medicine/vitamins. I also can't go to the bathroom, can't get enough laxatives to make my bowels work.

>>36334326
I used to do this in high school, but I don't have 50 pounds of textbooks anymore.
>>
>>36334448
Never said live on it I said gym on it.
I assumed you were either a student or neet with parents
>>
>>36334326
>>36334379

>be me 6'1 300lbs
>get into a fasting diet
>skip breakfast/lunch and eat a 1500 cals dinner
>get part time job at walmart
>30 min walk to get there, job requires me to walk and move shit around the store for 4-5 hours
>walk back home, usually with a heavy backpack full of shit
>legs are fucked by the time i get home
>cant jog, but i lift at home and do situps/stationary bike

Am i ok or should i just man up? i dont really want to fuck my knees more.
>>
>>36334448
>still haven't had anyone say how to exercise to get rid of my stomach fat
Cardio plus diet plus lifting weights. Cut out any liquid calories they do nothing for you.
>>
>>36334562
I'm not.

>>36334599
Transfer all of your nutrients that come with calories into protein. Stop eating anything else except for maybe fiber foods if you stop shitting. Get all other nutrients through vitamins. Eggs are very low-calorie, so eat those too. That's what I'm doing right now.
>>
I should have been more concise with my question. How do I work out my abdominal muscles when I'm too fat for situps and only have dumbbells and limited floor space?

>>36334629
I haven't cut out my milk yet, because I still get protein/calcium from milk since they don't sell calcium vitamins around here. Might do that sometime if they ever start selling calcium vitamins where I live.
>>
>>36334702
Working out your abs won't do anything for you until you are 15% body fat. Eat less and move more.
>>
>>36334641

I always hit my protein goal with meat or eggs, my current goal is 60g a day, i heard your protein intake should be 0.8g per kg but that seemed like a lot and several calorie counting apps recommended 57-65g

am i really better off transfering all my calories into protein? normally i just reach my current protein goal after maybe 700 or 800 cals and i fill the rest with veggies and pretty much anything healthy that is low in carbs
>>
>>36334739
i'm fat but i'm pretty tall and i can do sets of 20-30 sit ups, i'm sure i'm not getting a six pack anytime soon because of all this fat but i do sweat a lot and my heartbeat increases, are you sure they do nothing at all? am i just better of doing other shit at home like the treadmill or stationary bike?
>>
>>36334850
Your goal is to reduce bodyfat,thus working abs wont do very much for you
Go on a typical calorie deficit and do cardio,treadmill and stationary bike is very good
You can try diets like IF and see how they work for you
Also drink coffee before working out,helps with fat loss
Or just order dnp and scorch urself
>>
>>36334901
Fuck, I suck at english
>>
>>36334202
Go for a run. If you're self-conscious, run early in the morning like 6am.
>>
>>36334702
>don't sell calcium
I've never drank milk due to a mild lactose intolerance and I've never had an issue with getting calcium there are so many sources your getting it from already, and ones that aren't giving you huge amounts of fat. I'd research this more if I where you.
>>36334739
This. There is no spot based fat reduction for a gut. Once you lose fat overall your gut will shrink.
>>36334818
I don't count grams on protein I just eat some in every meal.
>>36334850
Eat less sugar/cut out liquids like milk and beer, energy drinks and eat plenty of meat. That'll put you into a decent TDEE then just do cardio and lift. I'm losing 2 pounds of fat per week doing this so I know it actually works
>>
>>36334818
Depends on if you can get your other vitamins you need through means that don't have any (or at least many) calories.

>>36334739
I'm aware I won't be able to use my stomach to seduce girls in the future. I'm trying to reduce stomach fat. I also lift weights, which has gotten rid of my arm fat and reduced my manboobs, but my stomach is making no progress.

>>36334930
I don't run much because I'm too heavy to do it for a meaningful distance, but I walk six miles per day, preparing to increase it to eight.

>>36334970
There's some weird stuff with what they sell where I live because it's one of the fattest areas of the US. It's hard to even find foods with carbs or salts at all with less than 2000 calories per serving. They had calcium+phosphorus vitamins until last year, but buying food normally will only give you like 10% DV. Since I'm so fat, I need about 125-150%.
>>
>>36334326
>weighted backpack
dude's already carrying a gut big enough that he can't do situps, I'm pretty sure he's got the "weighted" part covered
>>
>>36335075
(and by "2000 calories per serving", I mean more roughly "might as well go to McDonald's", and I can't afford McD)
>>
>>36334448
>I eat 1800-2000 calories per day. My metabolism is just screwed up.
No one mentioned this... OP.. you are retarded. If you are as fat as I think you are, you are definitely not eating 1800 cals / day.

Whats your weight & height?
>>
>>36335127
235, 5'8".
>No one mentioned this
>Count your calories with my fitness pal, or if extremely lazy but not diabetic just do low carb, helped me stay full on low cal, also do 16 hour fast aka skip breakfast
>OP.. you are retarded.
I usually eat 600-700 for breakfast, 200ish at lunch, and 600-800 at dinner. Sometimes I have a snack and it inflates to 2000.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5472x3648
>>36335080
Fair enough. I still think it could be beneficial to get a bit of a pack mule mentality, especially when he starts shedding some weight.
>>
>>36335966
Yeah, I have ten pound shoes at least. I forgot they were ten pounds though.
>>
>>36335226
No one mentioned your answer genius.

Your maintenance is probably around 2200.
Also you said:
>I maintained my weight when I stopped eating entirely just by drinking water and taking medicine/vitamins.
Which is just blatantly impossible. Honestly sounds like something a HAES activist would say.

You are underestimating calories most likely.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.