[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /fit/ i just ate some cake for 500kcals. Running 60min
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: running.jpg (4 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
4 KB, 299x169
So, /fit/

i just ate some cake for 500kcals.

Running 60min will burn it away, so it looks good on the paper. But is it really ok to eat shit even if you cardio it away?

Doesn't sound good to me
>>
I'm also confused on things like this

Generally I guess I try to not eat shit

That's not being condescending by the way just idk
>>
>>36333545
calories in calories out

right?
>>
Its actually better since you are bettering your cardiovascular health
>>
If nothing else, just consider the time involved. You had to do an hour's worth of work to compensate for something that probably took you 60 seconds to eat. That's poor time management.
>>
Yes calories in calories out.
>>
>>36333545
Well there are NUTRIENTS you need to be healthy, not just calories.

Eating shit means your body has shitty nutrients to build itself and maintain. Over time that adds up to various diseases and increased aging.

Think of it like using better quality parts to build a computer, sure you can get the cheapest crap, but it won't run as well, or last as long.
>>
>>36333545
Doing cardio increases your RMB when ur not doing cardio. So I think it's actually better. Plus the additional cals will rev your motabalism if your on a deficiate. Also the cardiovascular work out alone is good for health so I belive what you did is better overall (Tho 500 cals of avacado and chix would have been suprime) i hear treadmills lie and you don't burn nearly as many cals as they say you do tho.
>>
>>36335037
This.

Food is just fuel, the quality of the food is the quality of the fuel.

Yeah, you can burn the calories away (use up the fuel), but it still is harder on your body to use shit food as fuel.
>>
>>
>>36333545
If it doesn't sound that good, then run for another 30 mins ontop of those 60 mins.
You could probably live on burgers for 6 months and as long as you're pushing yourself twice as much and you burn that shit then you'll still lose weight.
>>
>>36333545
I see it as shit in shit out. If you put low octane fuel in your car you'll get shit performance compared to high octane
>>
>>36333545
Eating 500 kcal of shit and then burning it away is better than not eating it and not burning it away.

Both are better than eating 500 kcal of shit and not burning it away.

Eating 500 kcal of non-shit and then burning it away is the best thing to do.
>>
>>36335159
why does every opponent of calorie in calorie out assume you will fuck up the diet and overeat.

bitch you cant just say ooh but your way doesnt work because you wont do it that way.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (40 KB, 436x337) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
40 KB, 436x337
>>36335037
Thank you dobson.
>>
>>36333545

Burning 500 calories via cardio is hard and tiring. Doing so on a regular basis will exhaust your body's short and intermediate energy supplies, reducing your endurance levels for anything else you might want to do, including lift.
>>
Eating 500 kcal of cake and then burning it off is better than not doing anything. Eating 500kcal of meat, veggies, dairy, rice, and bread and then burning it off is way better, though.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457483767729.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457483767729.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
>>36335037
>>36335129
>tfw most of my meals for the past week have been pop tarts, ice cubes, and water pills
>>
>>36337712

Also the notion that simply eating "over processed" foods will result in greater muscle catabolism even at the same caloric deficit is nonsense.
>>
>>36333545
why would you want to lose those gains?
>>
>>36333545
Just sounds like a waste of time to me. You spend the time and money to eat it, then you have to run an hour to burn it all away.

The fuck do you gain from that?
>>
>>36338720
Actually that's better for your body. It's better to have a surplus then cardio down into maintenance than to just eat at maintainence. Something to do with having extra nutrients to work with.
>>
>>36338720

Cardio. So you don't die of heart failure
>>
>>36338790
lifting weights is pretty much cardio and you build muscle.
>>
>>36338830
You're not going to push your heart rate hardly at all much less 90% of your VO2 max (HIIT level) while lifting. And if you did, you'd be training for endurance which won't help your muscles much.
Do your cardio faggot, HIIT preferred.
>>
>>36338890
cardio is for faggots
>>
just puke it up immediately
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.