[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOMS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Sup /fit/, started lifting 2 days ago so far so good, first day was good, second day I started training biceps, felt OK the next day, but I just woke up and my arms hurt too much, can't even go back to sleep, is this what doms feel like?
>>
> doing brosplit
>>
>brosplit as a newbie
>futurama meme picture
>complaining about doms this early

not gonna make it.
>>
Never did this before just followed the instructors instructions, I wanna make it guys, but I wake up at 6:30 and only sleep at 1, I can't have this getting in the way.
>>
>>36330344
It goes away in about a week. Pop some tylenol and get back to it
>>
>>36330344
Eventually you'll enjoy doms
>>
Guys. I bought a gym pass about 3 weeks ago after some complicated shit with ex gf. I broke up with her almost 4 months ago.

Anyways, the gym is at my uni and I am too scared to even walk past the receptionist desk. I see all these people and then my anxiety kicks in and I get really nervous and just leave. I used to go to a gym me than a year ago but it was a 247 gym and I went late at night so I didn't have those issues. Any tips?

>inb4 jus men up
>>
>>36330864
Don't go to the gym, we don't need any more swole autists
>>
>>36330873
Please. I need help. I have not been happy for too long and I need something to look forward to other than getting push into incoming traffic
>>
First week after I started gym I thought I was going to die. Burt so bad to even out on a shirt. After leg day walking up stairs....

It gets better brah don't stress. It'll pass so quick.
>>
>>36330890
There's really nothing to say, just go and you'll realize that literally nobody is paying attention to you. The only time I ever look at anyone in the gym is when I'm resting and I'm just innocently checking out form. Not even judging. Most other people do the same. It also helps to be a part of this fitness community and know in the back of your mind that you probably know how to reach your goals more effectively than half the people at the gym who are doing pointless shit.
>>
>>36330409
wait, if I am reading this correctly, you only get 5 1/2 hours of sleep? If so, getting any sort of workout regimen with results will be very difficult
>>
>>36330890
see >>36330921
but also to add on, even if people were judging you, you have to realize that in order to do anything outside, there will be people who judge you, regardless of what/who you are. Getting over that fact is a part of life
>>
>>36330864
>inb4 just men up
Basically, you do. But not in the way you think you do. "Manning up" just equates to the only solution you have, to walk through the entryway and give 0 shits about who you see there. Call it what you want, it boils down to not caring what everyone thinks as you walk in, just focus on your workout, recite what you will do if that helps, just ignore everyone else. Staring at the receptionist, or that bitchboi doing curls with 45s isn't going to help, just do you, it's about YOU, not them, and if you make it about them, YOU will not be able to tolerate it, and run out. It's YOUR membership, YOUR workout, only YOU can do it or choose not to.
>>
>>36330952
>>36330921
I realize that people don't care. But it is a difficulty with actually doing something. There are so many people and I just don't know what to do. I get stressed out and I can think properly. I know everyone at the gym is innocently going about their routines. I am thinking of going super early in the morning and getting my stuff done with but I there is just an irrational panic that sets in as soon as I get into the gym and I see all these people. And it's very unsettling and uncomfortable and I just get discouraged and leave. It's happened to me twice in a row but I really want to go to the gym and just try to do something other than studying at home.
>>
>>36331005
what about the other people being there bothers you? Is it you feel pressured to be impressive?
Do you feel they judge you?
Is it purely a self image thing? Targeting what you don't like about groups of people is an important step in fixing the anxiety
>>
>>36331036
As soon as I walk in I start questioning why I am even here. And for some reason my mind is filled with a voice that says "you are here for all the wrong reasons. You don't care about lifting you just want something to do so you aren't depressed." And I start to think about how I really have no clue about fitness or what it means to be fit and I'm only really here because I am sad. Then I see all these people who are doing their own stuff and I think I will just be a nuisance to these people and that I'm just "taking up space" then I leave. Idk it's stupid and all of this is in my head. I need to take baby steps
>>
>>36331074
So, ask yourself if you are actually doing so you aren't depressed. If you are just doing it for that, ask yourself why that reason is bad? Why shouldn't you do something if it makes you feel better? Half the people there are there because their overweightness makes them feel like shit, and want to feel happier, just for a different cause then you. The nuisance thing is a little easier to understand, but it's not so bad if you read all the people on this board. Everyone is a nuisance to everyone. That faggot taking up the squat rack is a nuisance, those faggots hogging the lanes on the track are a nuisance, the shitty-attitude desk lady is a nuisance. You may inconvenience someone, but you aren't just taking up space, you are taking up space that is yours. You paid to be there, just like them.
>>
>>36330864
>>36330890
>>36331005
>>36331074
If you're having this much trouble with something so trivial, it's probably better if you pick a different hobby.

Not everyone needs to lift, there's nothing wrong with doing something else.
>>
>>36330937
Work during the day, uni at night and I hit the gym after uni, bills keep coming.
Got 2 hours of sleep, it feels way better anyways thanks guys, I'm gonna look into not doing bro split, even though the instructor told me to.
>>
DOMS will subside as you get used to the gym. Keep going
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.