[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KETO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: 1456663619705.jpg (113 KB, 500x604) Image search: [Google]
1456663619705.jpg
113 KB, 500x604
Okay so I've seen a lot people talk about Keto, I'm curious and want to try

Just looking for some opinions or personal stories. Is it effective? What are the pros? Cons?
How many carbs should you be eating daily? Is there a specific diet to follow? South Beach diet? Atkins?

Cutting ATM. Eating about 1200 Cal

HALP
>>
the literature says it's a meme so don't bother
>>
pros
>very quick weightloss (went 220-210 in 7 days)
>made me more horny and better boners

cons
>your workouts will be total shit
>constant low energy
>you'll feel ''weird''
>very restrictive
>your heart will hate you
>you'll have a deflated look
>>
>>36329527
>Eating about 1200 Cal

rip in peace
>>
Best advice for cutting. first meal eat carbs like oatmeal the rest of the day just a protein source and vegetables. one day of the week have carbs with every meal and hit maintenance calories just over 2000. btw cutting on 1200 will fuck you up at least be hitting 1800.
>>
>>36329914
>>36329874

Am grill. 5'6 133 lbs
>>
>>36329867
How many carbs a day ?
>>
>>36329527
You loose weight fast
Take a lot of will power, if you're inexperienced with weight loss I don't recommend it, more than likely you'll fail
>>
>>36329942
Been cutting for four months. Pretty good with it. Just been interested in going low carb but not for an extended period. Was thinking about doing it for two weeks. Just trying to get the most accurate information about it and the best way to go about it

My mother in law has the South Beach diet book so I was going to look into doing that but Im not into the preplanned meals they assign
>>
>>36329938
zero, excluding leafy vegetables which barely have any
>>
>>36329991
Hmm..first time I've seen zero i usually see <20 g a day or a low number like that
>>
>>36329938
That's the point of keto. Your body produces ketones from lipids which is used as energy. You have 0 carbs running in your body so any daily or "quick" energy you had from carbs is not there.
>>
I felt great mentally and weird physically not bad though. Making progress on compound lifts was basically impossible but I'm hooked for cutting.
I ate about 30g carbs a day between vegetables and nuts.
>>
Stupid meme diet. Will kill your endurance. The only real purpose in it, is to shed water weight if you're trying to max out aesthetics for competition. But lets face it, that aint you.
>>
Just eat less calories, retard.
>>
>>36329527
If you want to really fulfill the purpose of a keto diet, don't eat carbs period. Ketones are produced from fat molecules because the body has no "quick" energy to attain from carbohydrate molecules. To eat carbohydrates at all totally defeats the purpose of the diet. Because you lack carbs you will feel low on energy as compared to when you weren't on a keto diet. Your body will begin consuming the fat (changing it to ketones for consumption) in your body since its easier to break down than protein as well as the other macromolecules (proteins/lipids/nucleic acids) you put in as you eat keto which is why you won't starve to death and lose all your mad gainz. That being said its a decent way to get lean, but it's not going to be a fun time if you have an active lifestyle that requires carbohydrates for you to function normally.
>>
>>36330249
>If you want to really fulfill the purpose of a keto diet, don't eat carbs period

This is shit advice. Its like saying if you ever consume alcohol, ever in any amount, then you are an alcoholic
>>
Go to reddit's /r/keto if you want component advice.

4chan's mostly full of retards who don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>36329527
I'm <40g a day, I eat surplus and gain just fine. If you're cutting Keto will help you get there faster but the moment you hop off you will put on those pounds again. It's a lifestyle not a diet. Also fuck all those specific diets, make sure you're getting all your micronutrients and eat what the fuck you want.
>>
>>36330249
So I've only gained in the cardio department since going on keto and never feel low energy or anything. If anything my burn is more even through the day. I also eat a lot.
>>
>>36330320
Never said he would become a carboholic. Re-read that. I clearly said "If" and made it very clear it was optional, but to take advantage of it to it's maximum, that's what it would take.
>>36330437
Your mileage may vary and I'm sure it depends on routine/activity levels, physiology and what you are eating.
>>
>>36330408
Okay that's another thing I was wondering.

So basically i want to do Keto for two weeks then go back to eating carbs is it worth it. Will I put back on all the pounds I lost or is it a way to go back to eating carbs and keep the weight off?
>>
>>36330364
K thanks. Not a fan of r/ but I'll check it out
>>
>>36330632
The weight you lose in the first 4 weeks is pretty much all water, with some tiny amount of fat. Stay on it for 3 months though and you'll see nigh permanent changes.

Two of my roomies have done keto with me one started at 500lbs, the other at 390. The one who was at 500 normalized out at 410 after 8 months of keto, since stopping he bounced back up to 420 and has stayed there since. Other roomate only went for 6 months, bottomed out at 320 and bounced back up to 340, however neither went back to their previous highs, but then neither of them eats like shit anymore either.
>>
>>36330662

>but then neither of them eats like shit anymore either.

I find that hard to believe
>>
>>36330662
>Two of my roomies have done keto with me one started at 500lbs, the other at 390

Do you live in an oceanic wildlife reserve or something?
>>
>>36330662
Sigh keto is a long term/not a diet lifestyle type thing ? I was really only trying to do it for 2 weeks but um I'll try to shoot for longer.

How many carbs were you and your roommates eating daily. Did you have a specific amount or just got removed all food with carbs except for fruits and veggies
>>
>>36330704
First 30 days is <20, after that we just try for <40 but like, 60 once in a blue moon is fine

>>36330680
Well it's mostly because I cook a lot?

>>36330681
Neckbeards man, neckbeards.
>>
Keto is a meme. The two things you have to worry about when cutting is getting adequate protons and fiber. Hit those goals, then eat whatever. The end.
>>
>>36330092
Because things have small amounts of carbs in them. If you are legitimately counting calories and macros, aim for <20.

If you are not counting macros/calories, just eat the right foods and you'll be fine.
>>
Will vegetable carbs kick me out of Keto?

Also are there any good "snack" foods for when i want to munch on something that doesn't require a lot of cooking? I hate feeling the urge to reach for a bag of potato chips or something
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.