[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just fucking found out that the reason why weight hasnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: St Patrick.jpg (108 KB, 620x521) Image search: [Google]
St Patrick.jpg
108 KB, 620x521
So I just fucking found out that the reason why weight hasnt been decreasing even tho ive been eating less and excercising more. Im at 15% body fat and Ive been cutting since december, but ive been stuck at 200 pounds for three weeks. Turns out that Ive actually been consuming TOO LITTLE amount of calories because my body is holding on to whatever it can due to starvation mode.

So ive been eating 1500 cals a day while also exercising and have been making zero progress. I just now learned that my RMR is 1900 cals a day so im now eating that and exercising. Will this new found knowledge finally end my 200 pound rut and get me out of 15% body fat?

>Irish btw
>>
>>36325871

Fucking mick
>>
>>36325886
everyone's irish come st pattys day, friend
>>
>>36325871
Yeah sure, eating more will help you lose weight
>>
>>36325907
Are you being serious or being ironic? Cause RMR is genuinely news to me. idk how ive lost 30 pounds so far without knowing about it.
>>
self bump. looking for more opinions
>>
No, you're not in "starvation mode". That's only if you're at, like, well over 1000 calories a day deficit.
>>
>>36326037
But i wasnt losing any weight at 1500 deficit and when i would run a couple miles each day i would immediately become sick to my stomach and have the shits.
Ive read a couple sites that say its a result of eating too little but I just wanted your guys' opinion on the matter.
>>
>>36325923
If you are genuinely in starvation mode then yes probably, but I doubt you are at 1500 calories
>>
>>36325871
You must be pretty jacked. Do you have calipers? Create your deficit with LISS cardio instead of not eating enough. 1500 kcal ain't much food.

Recall also that weight is not the same as body fat. Depending on what you're eating and drinking, you might still be losing body fat, but your weight stays the same, due to water weight/bowel/bladder contents/etc. Based on water weight/muscle glycogen on a 500 kcal deficit, you could go 4 weeks without your scale weight decreasing.

Stay the course, measure your food twice.
>>
>>36326118
Measure food twice; cut once.
>>
>>36325871
this is my biggest fucking fear

I'm 6'6 and 320 pounds. huge guy. and Ive been eating 3 eggs + toast, and two sandwiches a day. and I haven't been losing weight

The thing is that I feel fine going to bed with just that much food, but I'm terrified that im in some sort of starvation mechanism and my body isn't burning fat
>>
File: 1352652494916.jpg (32 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
1352652494916.jpg
32 KB, 286x400
>>36325871
>eat 4k calories a WEEK
>weighed myself yesterday and lost 6 lbs in a week
nah, you're just a dumb fatass that cant count calories
>>
>>36326117
Well i found it difficult to sleep last night because my stomach was fucking killing me and I had gotten sick to my stomach because of running. I was afraid i wasn't eating enough.
>>
>>36325871
Just do Starting Irish:
>3xPotatoes til failure every day
>>
>>36326169
>4k cal a week
>6lbs a week
Nah bro not trying to aushwitz mode. thanks tho. Real opinions pls.
>>
self bump
>>
>>36326176
I wouldn't worry about starvation mode unless you have been eating like 500 calories a day for weeks on end. It's probably more like you aren't eating a few calories as you're thinking due to inaccurate scales or something
>>
File: 1453691516810.jpg (16 KB, 185x254) Image search: [Google]
1453691516810.jpg
16 KB, 185x254
>>36326182
>irish
>hate potatoes

le wrong country meme
>>
>>36326079

Then you are incorrectly calculating either your daily intake or your TDEE. Or both.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.