[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoulder Inpingement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: shoulder-impingement-picture.png (64 KB, 292x288) Image search: [Google]
shoulder-impingement-picture.png
64 KB, 292x288
Tell me fit, how do I get rid of my shoulder impingement problem? I have it in both shoulders. What are good stretches and exercises that will speed up recovery?
>>
I'm interested in this, bump.
>>
Fix your form on OHP and bench

Strengthening your rotator cuffs will help to an extent, but the main reason is your form a shit
>>
OP here, no actually, my form is excellent. I gave up on throwing up 375lbs on the bench years ago to work out with 225 and using good form. But thank you for coming on here and giving the first 2 google answers while being a prick.
>>
Face pulls and form correction. It doesn't matter if you're Arnold fucking Schwarzenegger, if your impinging your form is WRONG.
>>
Rear delt exercises.

Facepulls
Reverse Flys
etc.
>>
If your form is excellent, you wouldn't have shoulder impingement

If you were able to find answers on Google, why are you asking us?
>>
>>36320532
Amputation. There is no other way, anon.
>>
>i have musculoskeletal pain
>therefore i should stretch
this meme needs to die

but this http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-rippetoe/the-overhead-press_b_4550676.html
tl;dr: overhead press more and shrug properly during the press

you might also want to tuck your elbows in more when benching.
>>
Straighten 1 arm and cross it over your chest
Using your other, push down on this arm, while trying to resist.

If this hurts, you need to see a sports doctor as it may be a labrum issue and not an impingement.
>>
T nation has very good info about this.

Research for it, helped me.
>>
I went to a doctor because of impingement. He said its most likely sitting in a desk that caused it. Recommended rotator cuff/rear delt exercises and doing more pulling exercises over pushing exercises to correct the imbalance caused by sitting in a desk all week
>>
File: 1455034028033.jpg (16 KB, 448x545) Image search: [Google]
1455034028033.jpg
16 KB, 448x545
>tfw I have this
>>
>>36320415
Get it scoped

I did it and my shoulders have never felt better
>>
>>36320567
>huffington post
>>
>>36320415
I also used to have this in both shoulders.

Dislocation stretches with a towel or band every night for sure, but what really helped was back and rear delt work. Press form doesn't mean shit if you're not balancing it with pull work.
>>
Could this be the cause of the sore point on my left shoulder, right where the acumen is located in that pic, I think. There's a little bone that pops up in my shoulder, and when I put pressure on it, I feel a little pain.
>>
>>36325292
no, shoulder impingement is caused by shit in the labrum, you won't be able to feel it from outside the body
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.