[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
30g protein per whatever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 78460060_XS.jpg (62 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
78460060_XS.jpg
62 KB, 1200x630
Is this thing about your body not being able to absorb more than 30g protein per 3 hours or something bullshit?

Is there any limit?

Because I usually eat 50g protein meals at least
>>
>>36318666
it absorbs, but less efficiently
there's a thread on r/fitness about this right now, with a link to a scientific article showing that the same amount of protein spread out over longer time interval is more efficient.

>inb4 leddit
>>
>>36318674
So is it finally settled? Because I see some places saying there's no evidence and other people seemed certain for ages that you can't eat more than 30
>>
bro science
>>
>>36318666
You can only SYNTHESIZE 20-30g protein per sitting.

You can ANABOLIZE all consumed protein.

Protein anabolism is all that matters

>>36318674
Fuck your plebbit broscience, massive faggot

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
>>
>>36318666
I eat two meals a day – one with ~100g of protein, the other with 50g. I also take BCAA pre- and post-workout. I've never felt like this has been an impediment, sometimes will train in the am and then (BCAAs notwithstanding) have my first real protein hours later.
>>
>>36318984
What's synthesis and anabolizing ?
>>
>>36318992
Is BCAA necessary?
>>
>>36318674
Link that "scientific" article
>>
>>36318666
Your digestion will slow as you take in more protein. Increased protein will also increase gh. The thing to look out for is bowel distress (diarrhea and farting) as that can be a sign you took it too far and your bod can't cope. I can quite happily eat more than 60g protons per sitting and have no problems, many people cannot do this tho
>>
You done fucked it up OP, only 30g are converted into gains, the rest becomes cancer in your prostate.
>>
>>36319823
Probably not, I just read online to take them if you lift in a fasted state.
>>
Broscience the thread
>>
File: jw.png (111 KB, 491x328) Image search: [Google]
jw.png
111 KB, 491x328
>>36319823
Absolutely.
Surely you don't want to lose your muscles, aren't you, goy?
>>
>>36319998
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/49lotg/protein_dose_timing_a_literature_review_with/

So this is probs what the guy is chatting shit about

It looks to me like he's badly rewritten and overextended the Moore 2015 article he cites over and over since the references used between the two are similar or identical, and he reckons they have the same opinions.
>>
>>36320040
>the rest becomes cancer in your prostate.
Lean mass is lean mass
>>
>>36320024
So what about this study this guy pointed out?

>>36318984
>>
>>36320079
So is that bs or not? What's true?
>>
>>36320065
>>36320050
Looks like I have the amino shits included in the whey I take anyway
>>
no

there might be some upper limit but it's not 30

body can absorb 10g per hour and food generally is absorbed for only 3 hours after eating, but people don't account for the fact that the body will slow that down if there's still nutrients to be had

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
>>
>>36320795
he extended the results of 1 study well beyond the conclusions of the researchers using only his own conjecture

it's a mental masturbation writeup by a retard
>>
>>36318984
Does this still apply to whey? Is it fine to drink 50g protein whey at once?
>>
None of this makes any difference, as a natty 95% of any gains you make will be due to consistently eating enough and training enough
>>
>>36321883
So that means that you need to eat efficiently and enough protein in times your body will use them fully

So that makes it matter
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.