[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there such a thing as unfunctional strength
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1tB8T8T.gif (2 MB, 300x193) Image search: [Google]
1tB8T8T.gif
2 MB, 300x193
is there such a thing as unfunctional strength
>>
I guess the idea is that you need good strength throughout your body. Strong arms are useless without a good core back and legs to support them.
>>
>>36313926
it's what people who do a few pushups every now and then use as an excuse.
>>
>>36313926
Pumping your biceps and nothing else. Lot's of people do it.
>>
Only doing squats in order to get a bigger ass
>>
>>36313926
Crossfit = Functional Strength

Crossfit will give you strength, power, speed, agility, flexibility. If you need to carry your friend, you can, if you need to get up off the ground quickly and sprint away from danger, you can, if you have to climb up a tree away from a mountain lion, you can.
>>
>>36313926
No. Every area of strength can serve a function.

/r/ the MS paint comics.
>>
>>36314255
i almost took the bait.
>>
>>36314255
Watching someone climb a tree in a wheelchair sounds pretty sick.
>>
>>36314255
here is your (You)
>>
>>36314255
Seriously? You're better off learning Judo so you can quickly slam your enemy to the ground, and if it's a mountain lion attacking you, your best bet is to put it in a near naked choke and strangle it to death. Fuck your Crosshit.
>>
>>36315139
>taking the b8
>>36314274
good man
>>
>>36313926
I guess if you would only train every muscle in your body in isolation (assuming this is possible) and never performed a compound movement your muscles would be strong but you would suck at moving heavy shit because you're not used to using your body as a whole.
Remember that compound movements have a skill component
>>
>>36313926
did he died?
>>
File: images (30).jpg (15 KB, 323x455) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
15 KB, 323x455
>>36315698
It was extremely painful
>>
>>36315725
he looks like a ragdoll
he's not that big a guy
>>
>>36315698
God I hope so
>>
>>36313926
>is there such a thing as unfunctional strength
Power is nothing without control.
>>
>>36315725
4 iu
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.