[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noob lifting questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: fat-to-fit.png (805 KB, 1030x594) Image search: [Google]
fat-to-fit.png
805 KB, 1030x594
Dropped 8kgs the last 4 weeks
Did an inbody scan, i am apparently at 21% BF

I'm doing the ICF program while cutting to 1200-1500kcals a day with lots of protein
(yesterday 120gr of protein)

Best place to watch/learn about form? I want to do the techniques good whitout injuring myself.
Currently just watching random YT videos.

Today is rest day, but my muscles still feel a bit painful (sore?) This is good right?
Yet i don't have the feeling i can add more weight the next time i need to.

While doing BP or straight bar, i have problems keeping the bar still. The motion doesnt go straight, more in curves because i can't balance it. How to do that?

Any other tips? At this time i'm just a fucking newb in the gym with no prior exercise. I also don't have a spotter and i'm sometimes kinda scared i will injure myself. What do

>pic not me
>>
>>36308599
Candito has good form videos. Also check out the So You Think You Can [lift] series for more in depth explanation

Soreness isn't an indicator of work done, its not good or bad

I had the same problem starting out, but it solved itself eventually. I think what happened was I got better at keeping stable on the bench by getting a bigger back, but I could be wrong

If you don't have a spotter practice the roll of shame
>>
I think everyone had a problem with keeping the bar straight at first, it could be that your strongest arm is taking over and making it off balance, it will slowly balance out, it could just be what >>36308675 said about the back, who knows.

anyway, good luck. 8kg in a month is good!
>>
honestly if i could go back and tell myself some things it would be these.

form>weight always. always make sure your form is 100% correct and if it's not then drop weight.

and do cardio. people will be like hurr durr meme, but honestly the best i've felt in my life is when i started doing cardio. really helps your body and mind clear up.
>>
Btw, howmuch kg is the bar? 20 right?

Also the program tells me that on a cut, i should decrease reps from 5x5 to 3x5.

What are the consequences of this? I want to look better, not persee lift more.

It also tells me to progress your main lifts by 5lbs and accesory by 2,5 every other workout. But what if i can't do it? I can squat bar + 20 now, but i don't feel like i can squat bar + 22,5 next time.
>>
Seems similar to my issue

Trying to work out my chest, doing dumb bell bench press, dumb bell flys, and some more bicep work at the same time. I feel NOTHING in my chest while working out, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>36308778
yes, the bar is 20kg, 45lbs.

Also don’t worry about what your program says you should be lifting, everyone works their way up differently, I started with a 3pl8 deadlift yet my gym buddy started with a 1.5pl8 dl. he is now on 6pl8 dl whilst I'm only on 5.5pl8.
>>
>>36308809

What is snap city and how do i prevent it? I hear everyone talking about it, which makes me kinda scared (i fell for it)
>>
>>36308778
Bar is 20kg. You also just count the bar in the lift, so you don't have to say bar + 20, you just say 40kg

Reduction of reps during a cut is standard fare for pretty much any routine. The reasoning is that lifting breaks down muscle fibers and doing a little less breaks down less, which is good when you're not getting the food you need to build them back up.

Looking good and lifting heavy are not mutually exclusive, and contrary to what you'll hear a lot here, lifting heavy will help you look good.

I never did ICF, but I assume if you fail adding weight it tells you to deload around 10% and continue the progression just like most other linear progression routines
>>
>>36308872
snap city is where people ego lift instead of working on their form, it is when your body can not handle the weight and you fuck up bones/muscles ect...

as long as you work on form and don’t go too heavy, you will be fine
>>
>>36308877

I chose not to do SS, because i dont want to look like a Trex that doesn't look better but still can squat a lot. I needed more side work and chose ICF and i think it will do what i want. (i hope)

I did the 3x5 squat at 40kg (glad i could actually put plates on it, i thought i couldnt even squad the bar) and i finished it.

But if i know i can finish 3x5 @ 40kgs, but not 3x5 at 42,5kg, does that means i also have to deload 10% and continue?
>>
>>36308800
As a beginner you generally won't feel your pectorials working. Try to keep your shoulders tight and really focus on using your pecs. Put your hand on your chest and do the movement with your other hand. You'll feel when there's tension on the muscles. That means they're working.
>>
>>36308950
I'd say try the weight first before deloading, you may surprise yourself.

I never really understood the SS t rex meme. The joke is that your legs will explode by doing 3x5 squats 3x a week, but you're also doing 3x5 pressing movements 3x a week but that does nothing? Not to mention you can easily add in chin/pull ups for more upper body volume. I know its an epic meme but I'm seeing way too many beginners getting scared out of doing a proven routine for no good reason
>>
>>36309190

What if my muscles are still pain/sore tommorow?
>>
>>36309333
Lift anyway. Lifting can actually help get rid of the soreness. Most of the times I was sore it would go away during my warm up sets
>>
>>36309352

Ty, really helpfull
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.