[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I going to lose all of my gains in the military? I look good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
Am I going to lose all of my gains in the military?

I look good now after three years of lifting and I know after basic im going to lose gains but I plan on bulking afterwards.

Is that even possible when traveling the world?
>>
>>36304008

Not if you don't want to.

Yes, you will lose some gains in basic most likely. But they should bounce back quick. I got flabby in basic and have bounced back to pretty good shape. You'll find a lot of scrubs chose not to go to the gym and instead just race home to sleep, then whine about losing gains. If you're determined, hard working, and don't order fucking dominos every night in the barracks, you can stay pretty damn decent looking.
>>
>>36304008
Basic training kills your gains slightly because of the lack of sleep, but it's only temporary. Make sure to eat and hydrate.

If you are joining the Navy, your ship usually has a tiny gym area, and when you are on land at your unit, you get to have awesome military gyms to use. Plus you get a lot of food. This is coming from Canada though, I dunno what the standards are in the US, I assume it's similar, if not better.
>>
File: e20.png (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
75 KB, 600x600
>>36304008
you act like you're going to spend 4 years consecutively on a boat, you will have blenty of time to get your gainarinos back. plus when you're on a MEU just become bro-tier with whatever Marine infantry units traveling with you and they might let you buy gear off of them

>tfw half of 1/6 got me in the best shape of my life and Romanian strippers hate black guys with a passion
>>
>>36304008
If you go to a ship, each deployment you'll either gain 45lbs of pure fat doing nothing but sitting in CIC eating cheetos and coke for 9 months straight, or you'll lose 15lbs total by sleep dep and heat stress out on deck.

People on ships (real ships, not CVNs) get fit despite the Navy, not because of it.
>>
>>36304138
this, once you realized how horrible of a mistake you made in enlisting you might even lose motivation and sit in your barracks room playing MGS peace walker thinking of the good old days
>>
Cousin gained 67 pounds in the navy and some mild ptsd from I don't even know.

Good luck Op
>>
>>36304186
Thanks.

>>36304154
>>36304138
I don't think ill regret it.

Days are long weeks are short plus prime Japanese pussy.

>>36304116
Why would you roid in the military?

>>36304060
>>36304104
Thanks.
>>
>>36304250
Good luck fampai
>>
>>36304250

I would juice if I could. Difficult as a submariner though since you never get any privacy.
>>
A lot of people lose gains in basic because it's all cardio and body weight shit. But after basic, depending on the branch you're going to, your unit should have a gym. I was in the army and we had a nice af gym. The equipment was a little old but we had everything you could ever need
>>
>>36304320
Juicing in military just seems dumb.
>>
>>36304008
is that an actual creed by the us navy? top kek
>>
>>36305519
Yes it is
What's so funny about it?
>>
>>36305960
Nothing, carry on, robotized boot licker.
>>
>>36305964
You sound like a liberal bitch.
>>
>>36305960

"Fair treatment of all" sounds like corporate speak and not something you'd expect to find in a military

Why would the navy give a shit about fair treatment for all? It's the military, it exists to subdue other nations with violence
>>
>>36305964
>>36306168
You sound like those guys that sign up for BJJ or boxing because they think they're big tough alphas only to come once and then never return because your ego couldn't take it when you get REKT
>>
>>36305997
Buzzword spouting buzzcut having Buzzkillington ass boot licker mother fucker. I am actually quite right wing. You sound like an idiot with little to no opinions.
>>
File: B-2_spirit_bombing.jpg (75 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
B-2_spirit_bombing.jpg
75 KB, 640x800
>>36304008
"fair treatment of all"
>>
File: Fedor.jpg (62 KB, 864x575) Image search: [Google]
Fedor.jpg
62 KB, 864x575
>>36306212
Tell me about your estat MMA record anon. :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x430
>>36306212
>actually gets angry when people laugh at the creeds
>thinks he is gonna make it in the military
Please tell me you are not hoping to go anything SF related? as they will eat you for this shit. Tbh anyone who has served longer than initial probably will bust your balls for it too, only the stupidest of new recruits actually think there is some deeper meaning than simply shooting at what you are told to...
>>
>>36304008
I'm AF not Navy (Puddle Pirates), but yeah, you're going to lose a fuckton of gains. Mainly because most of the PT you do at Basic is bodyweight exercise. Sure it'll help your endurance with those specific ones but you'll still lose your fukken' sick 6/8 pack. They over feed you and under work you. Lack of sleep doesn't help either. Just get out of Basic on time and nearly every base in the fuckin' military has a gym. Just get back into it.
>>
>>36304250
>Why would you roid in the military?

Fuckin gains, duh and they don't test you. I'm on 'em right now.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.