[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, lardass here. A friend recommended me to walk some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Hey /fit/, lardass here.
A friend recommended me to walk some stairs every day to shed enough weight to do a proper exercise routine.

Is it a valid advice? How many stories do you guys think would be enough?
>>
>>36295601
Download myfitnesspal
>>
Eat at a calorie deficit
Do anything, even walking for an extended period of time to raise your heart beat as many days a week as you can manage
Lift some weights so you don't turn into a skeleton

that's all it takes
>>
No, that won't burn nearly enough calories to make a difference. You need to figure out exactly how many calories you are eating and then eat less than that.
>>
>>36295601
I've lost almost 45 pounds doing intermittent fasting and it has helped a shit ton in losing weight. Try to weight train 3 times a week to have some strength and you can eat a lot of food later in the day while staying in a deficit. Just sharing what's worked for me.
>>
>>36295630

>No, that won't burn nearly enough calories to make a difference.

Depends on how many stairs he climbs actually. Or are you telling me climbing a skyscraper every day wond help burn calories?
>>
5 calories per flight, so 10 calories per story

There are 3500 calories in a pound. So you'd have to walk up 350 stories to lose a pound.

in other words, walking up stairs is a retarded way to lose weight.
>>
>>36295762

>Stair climbing is officially classed as a ‘vigorous exercise’ and burns more
calories per minute than jogging.
>>
>>36295762
>That's a retarded way to lose weight

Not really. 350 flights of stairs is around 90-120 minutes of cardio (for me at least but I'm fatasfatass). That's easily achievable over 3 cardio sessions per week.
>>
>>36295601
>How many stories do you guys think would be enough?
if you can do 15, that's great, but at 15+ you can start running 3-4.
>>
>>36295762

50 flights over the course of a day, for 350 a week sounds actually pretty doable.
>>
>>36296088

*stories.
>>
>>36295601

Well, it makes sense. Fat people weight more, so they work out more climbing stuff.
>>
>>36295943
>>36296088

350 *stories*

So 700 flights. Remember the part where I said "5 calories per flight, so 10 calories per story"?

You don't need to be climbing stairs to lose weight. It's honestly not that fucking complicated. Just eat less you fat fuck. Or just kill yourself already.
>>
>>36296367

You sound bitter anon, is everything ok?
Do you want to talk about it?
>>
>>36295601

Anything that gets your heart going and breathing hard works. 10 to 40 minutes.
>>
sounds good to me. also, if you use the subway, buses or other forms of public transport, get off one stop earlier than usual and walk to your destination. once it gets easier start getting off two stops earlier etc.
>>
>>36295762

A storey is about 10 meters high, assuming a weight of 100 kg, it takes 9800 joules of energy to climb it. A pound of fat is 3500 Calories, or 14644000 joules, but the human body has an energy efficency of 25%, meaning 3661000 joules worth of exercise to burn it.

3661000 divided over 9800 per storey ammounts to 374 reps.

The math checks out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.