[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spinal squat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 1454138970011.jpg (77 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1454138970011.jpg
77 KB, 690x460
I have herniated lower disc. Cant do normal squats without fuckin up my lower back.

Wat to do?

> tfw no squat
>>
Front squat, stretch that wrist
>>
>>36293163
For real?
>>
>>36293192
I wouldn't know about injuries but back squat gives lower spine pain and front doesn't for me
>>
>>36293192
nah
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 491x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 491x404
>mfw chiropractor tells me I'm too tall to squat
knew something didn't feel right, bumping for notroll replacement lift
>>
>>36293622
I also get pain from back squats, and never been fan of front squats. So, idk will it do the trick.

Do i have to accept my fate to be that guy with the chicken legs?
>>
>>36293061
Squats and deads will help strengthen your back if you do them correctly. Get a good belt and a single ply suit for added support. Juice helps also.
>>
>>36293697
Unless you're 12' tall that's 100% bullshit.

>chiropracter
>knowing anything
>>
>>36294163
Not really into injecting for rest of life tho.

>needlefobia
>>
>>36293061
lunges you dumb fuck
>>
>>36293697
Chiropractors are witch doctors
>>
>>36294209
You look forward to it eventually. Trust me, you'll get tired of being weak and in pain from that disc.
>>
>>36293061
If you have a herniated lower disk then you probably want to avoid weighting that bad boy up at all costs.

Unfortunately for leg/back development you're in a pickle. Personally I would focus on some higher rep/lower weight sets of:

bulgarian split squats
hyper extensions
hip belt squats
single leg DB deadlifts
glute ham raises

and I would suggest avoiding leg press. I've read it can cause great lower back strain from the angle it puts your back to.

I'm guessing your dumbass lifted something heavy or didn't have proper form so you're going to need to youtube all of these with proper form, start with no weight and quit immediately if you have any pain in your lower back
>>
>>36294279
This is the conventional wisdom and it doesn't work if you still want to make gains. Your back is already fucked, it's going to hurt no matter what, so train heavy and deal with it.
>>
>>36294279
Well, you guessed wrong. I appreciate your advice tho. It is genetical and it started to deteroriate by itself.
>>
>>36294275
No. Not really. Substance should be pure and I should get over my phobia. Both of which are not happening any time soon.
>>
> Squatting and deadlifts beyond a small weight
> Expecting erector muscles to build and handle weight like other groups
> Being surprised you got a slipped disc

Fucking kek
>>
>>36294378
Ok kid. I thought you wanted advice from somebody who actually deals with your problem. I went from not being able to squat or deadlift a plate to a 1250 total at 175 in about 18 months. I have a fucked up L5-S1 and degenerative disc disease.
>>
>>36294440

This is pretty much one of the only legit answers:

if you want good back health, just do pilates and low weights. You can only really train upper back hard.

If you really want to get on the squats and deadlift then at least juice it to protect yourself, you'll probably end up in a wheelchair long before the roids have any effect.
>>
>>36294440
Well, you never sure here. Who's for real and who is just shit posting. With all due respect. I have the same disc as well, L5.
>>
>>36294440
What you juice then?
>>
File: alienabduction.gif (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
alienabduction.gif
3 MB, 320x180
>>36293697
>chiropractor
did he sell you some homeopathics too?

>pfff science is for noobs
>>
>>36293061
I have the same issue. Tried doing leg press and that wasn't any better. I starting front squating, however, and that hasn't caused me any issues. So I'd recommend that or split squats, which is perhaps even better because you use less total weight. I haven't been able to find a substitute for deadlifting, though, and have fucked my shit up when I've tried to do them again
>>
>>36294342
fucking kill yourself with this shit advice mah man
>>
>>36294378
If you want something natural look into pemf devices. Can help with healing. I ordered one last week. Can't fucking wait
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x370
herniated discs are a part of life walking upright on 2 feet, everyone gets them to some extent

unless you're tall you'll live if you keep squatting
>tfw acupuncturist tells me I'm to /tall/ too squat
>>
>>36294623
Never done much of the front squats. Guess I have to try them out and see if it works.

I tried to see physiotherapists, but they're fucking soviet-tier shit here.
>Finland
>Use only david machines
>free weights are always bad mm'kay

Got actually better when I disregarded their advice. Calisthenics have also been the shit.
>>
>>36294675
It's not only that, also have the degenarative disease. On L5 and pretty bad prognosis on L4.
>>
>>36294675
>>tfw acupuncturist tells me I'm to /tall/ too squat
You should get physiatrist, or whatever, give a second opinion on that m8
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 345x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 345x365
>tfw apothecary tells me im too tall to squat
>go to pet psychic for 2nd opinion
>intense violet aura, too altruistic to squat
>church of Scientology, theten lvls off the charts, too tall to squat
>>
File: 1456604447007.jpg (92 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1456604447007.jpg
92 KB, 768x576
>>36294910
>>
>>36294123
Yeah I still can't do great front squats, still working my wrist. Squats are my least favorite lift so I just do them first and get it over with
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.