[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >his body isn't running on ketones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1448086623485.jpg (8 KB, 249x325) Image search: [Google]
1448086623485.jpg
8 KB, 249x325
>2016
>his body isn't running on ketones
>>
>>36288597
>2016
>doing meme diets
>>
File: LOLZ.jpg (6 KB, 306x165) Image search: [Google]
LOLZ.jpg
6 KB, 306x165
>trying to build muscle while running on keytones
>>
>>36288621
>the radical idea that our body should run on fats, meats and vegetables rather than processed grains

I know right. what a meme
>>
>>36288660
>putting your body under a huge amount of stress just so you can show off you abs at a beach party
I see stuff like keto and no difference from atkins or a fruit cleanse
>>
>>36288660
> he thinks fruit is "processed"
> thinks whole grains are "processed"
>>
>>36288597
Tons of human societies thrived eating nothing but fruit

Grains were the first nutritional dick early man hopped on to stop being a fucking caveman
>>
>>36288715
Our bodies are evolved to take them in very rarely. not multiple times a day
>>
>>36288732
>meat was more common than fruits and starchy vegetables

W E W
E
W
>>
>>36288732
>are evolved
Humans are opportunistic, always have been. Area with nothing but fucking wastelands and animals to eat, they ate a fuckload of meat. Places like Polynesian islands they ate fuckloads of fruit. Stop with the naturalistic fallacies, they trigger me
>>
File: image.gif (892 KB, 200x317) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
892 KB, 200x317
>2016
> still fighting about who should eat what
> not eating according to what works for your body and lifestyle
>>
>>36288760
Okay. Well I'm anglo/ nordic and feel literally 10x better on keto
>>
>>36288732
Humans ate what was easiest to get wherever they happened to be. That's it. Stop with the "designed for" bullshit, that's a pseudoscientific dressing retards apply to creationism. Not only is the human being adaptable, it has thrived in so many different environments even if there was a diet humans "evolved for", it would be unknowable.
>>
>>36288777
>my feels are science
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 816x816
>>36288777
Holy shit!
Check em
>>
>>36288795
I'm talking energy/ mental focus etc, are you autistic?
>>
>>36288795

What's the point of science if it doesn't do jack shit for you? His quality of life improved, good for him.
>>
>>36288822
I'm sure cargo cults thought they were improving their lives too, we still laugh at them as ignorant fuckwits.
>>
>>36288837
There's a ton of research for keto and a ton against the consumption of carbs. Your point doesn't really stand.
>>
>>36288783

You're saying this when he are having a crisis of obesity and diabetes which is directly caused by people's bodies not being able to process carbohydrates.

Yes, humans can eat carbohydrates, they can eat wheat and potatoes and any other starch, but that doesn't mean they should. I think your both being a bit myopic in your understanding, it's not about what people can eat it's what they should eat. Cutting refined carbs and replacing them with more nutrient dense food is better for general health.

>>36288837

Not an appropriate comparison, try a little harder.
>>
File: neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg (78 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard-lighter-640x533.jpg
78 KB, 640x533
>>36288732
>>
Not knowing that ketones are highly acidic and can cause ketoacidosis which will throw you into a coma or even cause death. xD
>>
>>36288876
>You're saying this when he are having a crisis of obesity and diabetes which is directly caused by people's bodies not being able to process carbohydrates.
citation needed. I am pretty sure they are just overeating calories.

>Not an appropriate comparison, try a little harder.
cargo cults had no scientific proof AGAINST cargo gods, while there is significant scientific evidence against low carb diets being healthy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvEop9e0yVw

check any of the research below, or watch the video.

>>36288866
>a ton against the consumption of carbs.
citation needed

>>36288767
just because smoking makes you feel better does not mean that it is healthy. same with diets.
>>
>>36289247

>AII this OP samefagging in a shitty thread

IoI OP this thread is horribIe.

>Saged
>>
>>36288721
> nothing but fruit

Zero human societies are fruitarian. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>36289260
>someone made a post that gave evidence against my bullshit
>WAAAHH SAMEFAG
go fuck yourself
>>
>>36289295
Stay mad, samefaggot OP.
>>
>>36289319
autism
>>
>>36289351
Congrats on having it, samefaggot OP.

>Stay mad

GIad you Iistened to that advice :)
>>
>>36289266
Probably some faggot ass tribe somewhere that shits wherever and has elders that are 42 years old
>>
File: IrEDLtK.jpg (203 KB, 600x953) Image search: [Google]
IrEDLtK.jpg
203 KB, 600x953
> I unironically don't eat low carb high fat with lots of vegetables
>>
>>36288732
Hominins always had access to dietary carbohydrate except those in extreme northern regions where they developed adaptations to deal without them (see: Intuit). Animals without a dietary carbohydrate source evolve ways to upregulate gluconeogenesis and stay out of ketosis because it isn't good for growth and reproduction.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/682587
>>
>>36289588
but vegetables are high carbs anon....
>>
This is America, fucko. We run on Dunkin
>>
>>36288753
This so many times.
Keto and paleo do this.
The problem is not so much the diet as the bro-history justification of it.
They have this hollywood idea of pre-history and use it to back their claims.

Any plant we eat now is so far removed from its wild ancestor it might as well be a different plant from dietary standpoint. Fresh veggies and fruit only were on the menu for a few month of the year. Roots and grains were an everyday staple of nutriton even before our ancestors evolved into our species Homo Sapiens Sapiens. Whatever meat there was was mostly game, humans started growing crops before herding cattle.
The list goes on and on. The problem is not the diet (keto is extreme, but paleo is balanced and healthy IMO), but the historic claims are fucking retarded.
>>
>>36289915
>Intuit
You might have fucked up here.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.