[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat guy wants to get fit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
hey /fit/, fat guy here.

So my friend told me if I worked out and tried to get buff I'd look really good and I'd be as strong as an ox, since I already am. Anyways, I really want to get fit and buff but I lack the motivation and knowledge of how to. I usually just sit in my room playing video games and whatnot because I'm happy with the way I am, but I think I could be happier. Any advice would be appreciated but if someone wanted to work 1 on 1 with me to help me I would be forever grateful. I know the picture is grainy but thats because i dont fucking take pictures usually. Anyways thanks for reading this, what diet/exercises do you recommend for a beginner. I have a gym I can go to on my college campus but I really hate people so I dont like public stuff.
>>
Read the sticky, come back, lurk, then be ready for actual discussions. Don't take this as me pushing you aside, just read the sticky and you'll know a good amount of general info and you won't have to start these threads.
>>
>>36286310
I read it but it doesnt give me motivation. I know thats then on me but if thats the case then I'll never get /fit/
>>
>>36286342
We're all gonna make it bro. Do as the above anon said. Read the sticky and lurk. Check out the progress threads. Fatter people have made it. Motivation is temporary, glory is eternal.
>>
>>36286342
The motvation comes after you start.

Been a 6'6 fatfag most of my life, dropped weight once, got it back after a bad oneitis breakup, and I'm back at it again now for the last few months.

You just feel better over all when you mind your diet and exercise. Your mindset shifts. Yea, looking better and getting better looking hookups are definitely perks, but you feel indescribably better in general.
>>
I don't get motivation from seeing others succeed. Only when I succeed but I don't have any desire to work out or get fit. It would be cool to be fit but I couldn't care to put in any effort on my own
>>
>>36286215
To get thin: eat less. That's literally all there is to it.

To get healthier: exercise often.

You'll get best results by mixing the two.

>>36286342
If being disgusting is not motivating enough, go to the fat hate threads and look at the other fatties. Maybe that will be enough to kick some sense into you.
>>
>>36286433
Then you will fail. But you came here and made this thread so it's obvious you want to change. But it's on you.
>>
>>36286215
Not to sound like a dick but how happy are you? If you considere yourself happy then stop, The path you are seeking is a dangerous one, once you know you can improve yourself you will want to improve in everything, which is good, but to do it you have to invest a lot of time, and you are gonna be picky as fuck, you will never be happy about it as it will never be enough.
>>
>>36286436
Fat hate threads don't make me feel sad and insecure and hating towards myself to get fit. It just makes me think fitizens are shallow meat heads.
>>
>>36286497

if inspiration doesn't come from the inside, you will never make it.

nothing we tell you can get you up off your fat ass to better yourself. that decision is yours alone.
>>
>>36286497
To me it looks more like you're just looking to validate your own decisions (which are to remain a fat fuck for the rest of your sad life).

Why bother coming here if your goal is to just shoot off every single advice you get?

If your mind is made out, just go eat that burger or something. You don't expect us to care, do you?
>>
>>36286487
I mean I have a shit ton of time on my hands, I don't really do anything. I'm not that picky in terms of diet or exercise. I just haven't found any motivation and I don't think others could do it either.
>>
>>36286514
My mind isn't made up yet. I just came here to see if anyone could motivate me and help me but I guess nobody could.
>>
>>36286520

seems to me you have a condition known as being a lazy fat fuck
>>
>>36286544

you are 100% right. no one here can motivate you. probably best you go if you are quitting before you try.
>>
>>36286544
There are far too many people who actually need, want and deserve help for anyone to care about a retard who just wants others to feel sorry for him.
>>
>>36286544
Stop putting your life in other people's hands and make some choices for yourself for once
>>
>>36286572
This desu senpai.
>>
>>36286574

it's pretty obvious he already made his choice. he will choose to continue blaming others for him being fat. now /fit/ is on the list of reasons why he is fat. pretty much everything is on the list of reasons why he is fat, except himself. it is everyone and everythings fault except his own.
>>
>>36286553
Whats wrong with that though? If u can prove to me that being fat is a bad thing then maybe that might motivate me
>>
>>36286215
>I'm happy with the way I am, but I think I could be happier
Mate stop while you're ahead. I used to be a skinnyfat DYEL and I was pretty okay with myself, I'm actually jacked now and I just hate myself and wish I had a better body and better face.
>>
File: 1394319821510.jpg (12 KB, 343x357) Image search: [Google]
1394319821510.jpg
12 KB, 343x357
>>36286619
>If u can prove to me that being fat is a bad thing
>>
>>36286619
1/10.
>>
>>36286612
No no no I'm not blaming anyone for me being fat except maybe my grandpa for helping me get started in eating unhealthy, but I don't blame anyone, that would be retarded. It's on me. I want to change but I don't really care if I do or not. Life will be shitty regardless.
>>
>>36286651
Pretty fucking pathetic.
>>
>>36286433
What the fuck?! Why are you here? Asking for pity or answers? Cause I've got neither, you know what you have to do, so do it, or don't. No body cares about your lack of motivation, we're too busy actually doing shit, so do shit or shut up. Goddamn! Getting fit isn't hard, just start somewhere and don't stop.
>>
there's no help for you here. there is no magic bottle of motivation. either you want it or you don't, and its pretty clear you don't.
>>
>>36286669
Lol maybe your definition of pathetic is different than mine. I think it's kind of pathetic how u think your sticky is the best thing ever created and if u can't get motivation from that then you're on your own. No better than islam to tell u the truth. Anyways if u think I'm pathetic then that's you're opinion and that's fine because even though your body might look better I'd be willing to bet I'm happier than you
>>
>>36286705
My son, you are delusional, nobody worships the fucking sticky. It's for fat fucks like you who are too lazy and retarded to do research, it's not made to motivate anyone, it's a guide for what's possible. I will now stop taking you seriously and convince myself you are a genius troll. Also imo you do sound pathetic.
>>
>>36286752
well there lies my problem. I want to get fit but I dont have any motivation so if you cant provide motivation then you've already answered the question wrong before u even typed.
>>
>>36286215
pathetic fat fucking sack of shit. I hope you die of diabetes and heart disease.
>>
>>36286818
The only question in the op
>what diet/exercises do you recommend for a beginner
has been answered, by me, multiple times now. You have to realize nobody can physically motivate you, and no one here is going to "work with you 1 on 1". I'll will now stop bumping this stupid thread and let it die in peace.
>>
>>36286215
Just keep fucking stuffing your fat face and die you piece of human feces.
>>
>>36286215
Eat less, eat better, lift weights and do cardio.

Guaranteed success for weight lose.

As for motivation, if you can't find anything in your life to motivated even, the simplest one which is bettering yourself something ever man should strive for, then this board cannot help you.

You have to want it. Completely. If you don't you will fail.
>>
I'm also fat. Is the kind of calories I put in me important? Like fat vs carbohydrates. I know to avoid sugary stuff, never had a problem with that. I've lost 4kg in 3 weeks but I want to know if I'm doing the things right.
>>
>>36287242
overall it doesnt matter. though basic carbs tend to spike your bloodsugar which causes you to crave more carbs. avoid large doses of carbs like bread and rice unless it's whole wheat bread.

i try to make sure everything im eating has lowish carbs and is made up mostly of protein or fat.

no matter what though, calories in vs calories out
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-07-02-41-38.png (61 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-07-02-41-38.png
61 KB, 720x1280
>>36287288
Thanks. I have one type of food that's pretty weighted towards carbs. My favorite among what I eat now. Would you consider it ok? It's potato so notoriously bad right? I tend to go for 4x of this every meal.
>>
>>36287368
My biggest recommendation would be to get a food scale and use it. It'll make using my fitness pal more accurate when you weigh items.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.