[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/ I'm getting tired of the bruises from deadlifting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Bruises.jpg (216 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
Bruises.jpg
216 KB, 1152x2048
Alright /fit/ I'm getting tired of the bruises from deadlifting. This picture was taken 1 or 2 days after I deadlifted last time and I still had bruises this bad. They seem to be getting slightly worse every time and I already use pants that cover all of my legs. What can I do about this? Thanks in advance!
>>
P.S. I see now that the lighting in the picture doesn't really show off the bruises, and makes my legs look of different color... but the point remains.
>>
Damn I used to get the same
>>
im sorry but there are only 2 ways

1. stop deadlifting
2. stop caring
>>
pussy ass
>>
High socks.
>>
>>36282387
Used to? How did you get rid of it?

>>36282405
Well fuck.
>>
>>36282636
Bro trust me there is a huge level of respect amongst other lifters when they see deadlift bruises. You're literally so fucking badass and rip the bar up so hard that it scrapes your shins to the point that it causes injury to yourself.
Alternatively if you're this much of a baby about it just wear socks or don't pull the bar so close to your shins. Bar at mid foot bruh
>>
>>36282136
If you are cueing correctly (keeping the bar close), you will get scrapes on your shins when starting to deadlift. Wear high socks, you'll get used to it (or be able to maintain the slight amount of space while still keeping the bar close) eventually.

If you're hitting your knees, your technique is probably fucked up
Post form check
>>
>>36282845
Yeah I know and like that. But I'm at the point where I fear I might actually get cartilage buildups beneath my skin or something. I think I can feel the bone being uneven.
I doubt socks will help, since I already wear covering pants...

>>36282872
And how do I maintain this space? What about my form do I need to change? I have no video of it at the moment... But I usually barely hit the knees.

Sorry for replying late!
>>
im always scrapping the skin off my shins, its only a bother when i have a shower and it stings like a mother...long socks are the only way to go
>>
>>36283640
It'll have to be some pretty damn long socks...
>>
>>36282136
Bruising on the shins is a technique error. It means the bar is hitting your shins, and in order for that to happen you have to be starting in the wrong position/starting with the bar too far behind or too far forward of your midline. Scraping your shins is normal, but bruising isn't. I only say this because I went through the same thing.

As far as what you can do? Best solution for me was to put my knee sleeves around my shins. If you have knee sleeves just wear them like a deadlift sock
>>
>>36283540
I think if you're gripping the bar right and controlling the bar by keeping your shoulders from being pulled down by the weight, then you shouldn't be hitting your knees very hard or at all. If you're hitting your knees on the way down, lower the bar with your hips more then bend your knees. Just be mindful of the bar's direction and keep trying.
>>
>>36283758
How did you fix that error?

Good tip, I'll try that!

>>36283760
Right, I just hope I don't load my back too much
>>
I've never had deadlift bruises, does this mean I'm doing them wrong?
>>
>>36284419
Doesn't have to. It can depend on your own body length proportions. But most people at least touch their shins with the bar.
>>
File: greaves.jpg (113 KB, 628x720) Image search: [Google]
greaves.jpg
113 KB, 628x720
>>36282136
Wear some of these

After deadlifting remove kebab
>>
File: Schienbeinschoner.jpg (31 KB, 374x426) Image search: [Google]
Schienbeinschoner.jpg
31 KB, 374x426
>>36284737
kek

but seriously, try these shinpads that soccer players use
>>
>>36284801
I would have liked those considered those but I'd rather change my technique than have everybody stare at me in the gym...
>>
>>36284823
Put socks over them or wear pants??
>>
>>36284846
I was talking about the dressing room
>>
>>36282136
Stop deadlifting wrong.
>>
>>36283540
A proper bar path would have your knees clear of the bar on both the eccentric and concentric
Post form check
Practice with SLDLs

Sorry for replying even later, was at gym

On the way up, your legs should be pretty well extended by the tiem the bar is at knee level, keeping the knees clear.
On the wya down, hinge your hips first and only drop the bar by bending your knees once your knees are, once again, clear of the bar
>>
>>36282872
George Leeman holds the American raw deadlift record but his shins bleed every time he does multiple deadlifts in a row. If he is a pro and has perfect form, how do you explain this?
>>
>>36286044
Not trying to argue btw. Just genuinely curious.
>>
>>36284370
>Right, I just hope I don't load my back too much
Yeah, you should always work on technique using lighter weights. Be safe and aware.
>>
>>36286044
>>36286056
People have different proportions. Some people can pull with vertical shins and some people need to bend their knees forwards until contact with the bar.
I'm not saying he's wrong, but a lot of lifters argue that it's ideal to have just a sliver of space in between the bar and your shin.
Here's a related link
https://youtu.be/iQ5rY_beDLY?t=16s
Dragging it up your shin is obviously ideal for keeping the bar close and limiting lower back stress, but the friction from your shin can limit upward momentum of the bar.

Neither is necessarily wrong, all that is certain is that any space between your shin and the bar should be minimal.
As I said here >>36282872
>if you are cueing correctly (keeping the bar close), you will get scrapes on your shins when starting to deadlift
This is a good cue for beginners to start and I think should be taught to everyone that is learning
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.