[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do some people manage to get MUSCULAR and LEAN without counting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
161 KB, 1280x720
How do some people manage to get MUSCULAR and LEAN without counting calories or doing a proper routine?
>>
>>36276957

>How do l not CAPS LOCK Iike a HUGE FAGGOT when posting here?
>>
>>36276971
Why are you avoiding answering the question?

Can someone please explain to me why /fit/ is so afraid of genetics and the major role they play in how someone responds to lifting?
>>
>>36276992
>how does water come from sky when water is too heavy to float up there?

Ask a retarded question, get a retarded answer
>>
>>36276992
No but a serch engin can

Go use it, Iazy faggot OP.
>>
>>36276957
Partly by accidentally doing a lot of things right. But mostly through sheer effort, belief and consistency. Any accomplished athlete or coach will tell you that a shitty routine that you believe 100% in and attack with fury every time will deliver much better results than doing the perfect program half assed. And the sad fact of the matter is that a lot of people truly are half-assing their workouts even if they think they aren't.
>>
>>36277039
That doesn't explain how someone maintains 10% or less bodyfat without even trying to do it. Just eating whatever, making random choices/guesses as to what they should eat.

There's a due at my gym who I have never seen above single digit bodyfat in the last few years and I finally asked him what his diet was like and if tracked macros or calories.

>He didn't even know what macros were.
>He said no his never tracked calories.
>He said he has never bulked or cut, just ate.
>He said he just tries to make healthy choices most of the time, and drinks/eats shit every once in awhile.

He is not only lean, but also one of the most muscular dudes at the gym (not sure if it's because he is so lean, so he appear big) So he is gaining muscle over the years, while staying lean and never tracking a single thing.

Explain this shit to me bros.
>>
>>36277068
>How can l be Iazy faggot with success?

You'II aIways be stuck at the Iazy faggot part OP
>>
>>36277068
He isnt wasting his time explaining the obvious to an idiot so he says he doesnt even try.

And you believe him.
>>
>>36276992
>genetics and the major role they play in how someone responds to lifting
There's no doubt that I have some of the worst possible genetics for physical prowess you can imagine. I always sucked at everything physical. Weak as shit, can't catch, kick or throw a ball, always picked last, prone to injuries and colds etc.

That being said, I've come to realize that when these "genetic wonders" come into the gym and surpass my year-long progress in a relatively short amount of time, there are a number of things that my brain tend to forget about but are actually pretty important.

1) while I was sitting around playing with legos or on the computer throughout my entire upbringing, this dude was likely climbing trees, running around, playing sports and wrestling other kids. Do you have any idea how big of a difference this makes between him and me? I may have 3 years of lifting on him, but he has 20 years of training on me.

2) Truthfully I have NO FUCKING IDEA what kind of effort he really puts into what he's doing. I can't feel how strong a contraction he's making when he's doing those barbell curls, I don't notice how short his rest periods are, I don't realize how great his work and recovery capacity is because of all that cardio he's been doing. I really don't know what he's eating either - the fact of the matter is that if he's always lean, he is GENERALLY making some good food choices, even if he's mostly eating garbage when you see him.

The FACT of the matter is that there are HUNDREDS of factors that are completely within our control and where this "genetic wonder" is MOST LIKELY outworking you and me completely.
The bottomline is that YES genetics do matter A LOT, but it's futile to use it as an excuse - Instead focus on the things that we CAN control. We must always play the hand that we're dealt.

Also, lifting isn't everything. There are probably a couple of things that you do much better than this guy you're so jealous of.
>>
>>36277118
>>36277118

haha what?

The guy I am talking about is one of the most social/friendly guys at my gym.

Also, he does a bro-split.

Explain that one, fuckbois.
>>
Some people just naturally eat the right amount without trying, some people have good genes for nutrient partitioning, or a have a naturally high metabolism, some build muscle more easily. As someone who has shit genes and grew up practically anorexic I've always asked myself this, I put in a hell of a lot of work and looked like my friends who ate enough and maybe did some pullups and pushups during puberty who don't exercise at all just drink beer. It's a cruel unfair world m8s, all you can do is deal with the hand your dealt, nothing more, nothing less. Fortunately, I stood the test of time and ended up growing bigger than them like I was bound to, just took a lot longer than I'd have liked it to due to starting off from skinnyfat 130 lbs soaking wet at 5'10, have gained 40 lbs of muscle in 4 years.

Just stick in there mate, genetics can only take a person so far, if they don't do their homework or know wtf their doing, you'll easily catch up, assuming you do, always keep learning on new science, technique, strategy from experts and pros still coming out of this rapidly expanding still pretty mysterious field, never stop learning, you'll never know it all because new stuff is getting released constantly at this point.
>>
>>36277151
>this man discovers the trick to amazing 6-pack abs and HUGE amounts of muscles without even trying
>faggot dyel on Algerian carpet trading forum spills the secret HERE
>>
>>36277204
Sigh, you're so cucked by the echo chamber on /fit/ that you refuse to believe that someone like that actually exists.

I feel sorry for you, hope you enjoy being stuck in that disney movie fantasy world where "anything is possible so long as you try hard enough!"
>>
>>36277068
probably roids, you literally dont even have to work out to look ripped on them
>>
>>36277162
>deal with the hand your dealt

>>36277123
>play the hand that we're dealt

Wisdom right here.
Too many people on /fit/ go on and on about "muh wide hips" or "weak jaw" or "small dick". And then the the phrase "why even live" as if everything is pointless if you can't reach the pinnacle of perfection...
Listen, the single most unappealing trait a man can have is a defeatist attitude. You can sit around whining or you can work with what you've got. Play the hand that you've been dealt.
>>
>>36277239
Not him but wtf man, why dont you try googling?

Bro splits arent the devil, theyre just pants on head retarded for anyone who hasnt reached their full genetic potential. There's no reason to train a mucle once a week when it can recover in 2-4 days. idk Im even bothering typing this but here

There is a lot of truth that lies in the memes. Trust them.
>>
>>36277239
>cucked
>with the idea that you can achieve anything if you work for it

Ahh, took me a while to realize you were trolling the whole time

6/10
>>
>>36277268
>play with the hand youre dealt
Thats a funny analogy because if it were a poker game, youd fold or quit
>>
>>36277530
>youd fold or quit
Which is what I'm saying really - You can either play or sit around and whine (fold) or you can quit (kill yourself). Should be obvious which is the smarter decision. Especially seeing as you don't risk losing everything you have by trying like you do in poker.
>>
>>36277068
Two options:
1. Roids. Don't expect anyone to be honest about their drug use. Although /fraud/ doesn't like it, most guys who take steroids don't do it to go past their natty limit, they roid to look great while eating/training like shit.
2. He does everything right by accident.
>>
>>36277625
You can bluff (roid)
>>
Tracking calories is simply a tool that helps ensure that you don't mess up your eating completely if you're somebody who hasn't been paying attention to your diet for most of your life.
The fact of the matter is that counting calories is actually horribly inaccurate. It's no exact science - not even close. It's just helpful for people who have no idea what they're eating. And most people who've tried tracking calories for a while (myself included) stop doing it after some time because at this point they've developed the ability to more accurately estimate a proper intake thanks to their experience.

Back in the day nobody counted calories. Nutritional advice was limited to "eat your veggies" or "drink a gallon of milk". Yet people were still able to get ripped.
>>
>>36277679
>people got ripped back in the day without calorie counting
Citation.needed
>>
>>36277123
well that downright depressing attitude towards yourself is SHURE GUNNA HELP
>inb4 caps
>>
>>36277754
>well that downright depressing attitude towards yourself is SHURE GUNNA HELP
I actually found this very motivating. Start focusing on YOUR progress, where you started, what you archieved, don't look what others do
>>
>>36277709
I mean, once upon a time, you didn't really need to. It's 2016 and we're all being bombarded by advertisements (that appeal to our psyches in a myriad ways) for EXTREMELY calorie dense foods from convenient joints on every street corner. Theoretically, we should only be driven to consume the amount of energy our bodies require, right? Again, 2016, modern cuisine and convenience has fucked our biology in the ass.
>>
>>36277809
Exactly. Nobody gave a shit about getting shredded brah.
So nobody did
>>
>>36276957
How do I get fit without working out?
>>
CAN you STOP making these stupid R9K tier THREADS.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.