[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I be taking one or two scoops? Serious question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Should I be taking one or two scoops?

Serious question
>>
3-4 imho
>>
>>36263083
6-7 imho
>>
>>36263081
I would go for 1 1/2 post workout. 40g of protein for a post workout shake is about average.
>>
>>36263081
8 scoops 6 times a day
>>
>>36263097
more like an hour if you wanna make it

cmon
>>
>>36263089
well played senpai
>>
>>36263081
Depending on what you're actually putting in your body..
I take 1 1/2 scoops and do it three times a day. When i wake up, after training and 10-15mins before i go to bed.
>>
>>36263081
apparently you're supposed to have 1gram of protein for every lb of body weight.. with that being said whey protein is a supplement so do what thou wilt
>>
>>36263081

Here's how to find the real answer:

1. Calculate how much protein you need: 1 gram per pound of lean body mass, i.e. don't count body fat. So e.g. if you're 200 pounds and 20% body fat, you need 160g a day.

2. Figure out how much you're eating from regular food. You... you ARE logging your food, right?

3. Subtract your answer from step 2 from step 1 to figure out how many grams of protein you're short for the day.

4. From the label on your protein, figure out how many grams are in a scoop, and therefore how many scoops you need to compensate for the difference you calculated in #3.

5. If it just so happens that you're NOT actually short any protein for the day from regular food, then obviously your answer is 0.
>>
2bqh i expected alot more fun posting, on that note

four scoops, Come on son.

64 scoops, 32 times
>>
For every pound you want to gain 7 scoops a day. If you wanna be 200 lbs and you're 150, you know what to do.
>>
File: 1456873673278.jpg (277 KB, 324x632) Image search: [Google]
1456873673278.jpg
277 KB, 324x632
>>36263081
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 800x472) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
34 KB, 800x472
>>36263081
Put as many as these dubs
>>
>>36263081
0. protein powders do nothing for you that regular protein sources don't.
>>
Four. At an absolute minimum. There's literally no reason to do less.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.