[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>feel guilty every time I drink coca cola >learn about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: file.png (659 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
659 KB, 1500x1500
>feel guilty every time I drink coca cola
>learn about calorie counting
>read nutritional information
>"200 calories in a bottle"

Holy shit, I could drink one of these every day. And I only have a few per week. Why does coke get such a bad rep?
>>
is this bait?
>>
For some reason a lot of people interpret "all things in moderation" as "never do a bad thing, ever."

A soda a day is fine, it just makes your diet a tiny bit harder to keep. Obviously if you lose discipline and chug four in a day you're goofing. But total denial of something can leads to binges as well.
>>
File: 1452675907511.jpg (31 KB, 560x410) Image search: [Google]
1452675907511.jpg
31 KB, 560x410
>>36242672
>not doing GOCAD
>making it
Pick one nigger
>>
>>36242644
Drinking one coke a day will not hurt you. Lots of calories, sugar, and empty carbs for the volume so it isn't very efficient. Personally I don't drink it because I think the HFCS taste is absolutely disgusting but if it's your thing then whatever.

The people who have a problem with it are usually drinking multiple cans a day. There are some people who will go through 6, 12, or even a 24-pack a day. That's how you get to be 600lbs.
>>
>>36242644
>Why does coke get such a bad rep?
because it offers nothing but carbs and caffeine. Other than that, there's nothing inherently wrong with it. It's the people that abuse it that give it a bad name.
>>
>>36242701
>a soda a day is fine
besides the fact 1 single soda contains more sugar than any human should consume in a day, retard
>>
>>36242708
>HFCS
that's mexicoke bro. no hfcs
>>
>>36242708

>HFCS

The glass coke bottles don't have HFCS.
>>
>>36242701
> A soda a day is fine

Not really though.
Would you rather 200kcal (more like 400something if it's american sized plastic BPA bottle) plus tooth decaying bullshit and no nutrition whatsoever or a delicious chicken breast or some peanut butter and honey?
A coke a day makes you look like a fucking tool.
>>
>>36242734
>>36242740
Sodas that use regular sugar are still not something I drink regularly or would ever buy for myself but they are tolerable.
>>
>>36242727

And here comes cancer itself to prove my point. Thanks.

>>36242750

You too champ.
>>
>>36242756
With a HFCS coca cola, I feel like chugging it and get really addicted to it, like meth. But with the cane sugar coca cola I can take sips and it's way more satiating.

I'm sure coke knew this and saw big dollar signs and that's why we have HFCS in all our soft drinks, except this special glass coke bottle.
>>
>>36242727
I switched to water. Replaced the routine of cracking open a coke bottle with a water bottle.
>>
File: Z-0MI_fo5oy[1].jpg (42 KB, 244x450) Image search: [Google]
Z-0MI_fo5oy[1].jpg
42 KB, 244x450
>>36242756
I stopped drinking the liquid jew completely and now when I drink any I can't take more than a few sips without feeling ill.
>it tastes like window washer fluid smells.
>>
>>36242750
You aren't going to be eating 3000 cals of chicken or honey a day dumbass
Sometimes you need filler

It's not
"do you eat chicken or coke?"
It's
"do you drink coke, or eat some bread/fruits"
>>
>>36242784
>people will actually defend drinking soda

Addiction, everyone.
>>
Get a 64oz diet soda you pleb, QUENCH THE SUPERMUTANT
>>
>>36242826
>sometimes you need a filler

>with no nutritional value

Not gonna make it brah.
>>
File: lol.jpg (71 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
71 KB, 720x540
>>36242840
>ITT
>>
>>36242850
all carbs like grains or fruits are empty sugar shits with no nutritional value

No difference to drinking a coke.
>>
>>36242831

Good strawman, 6/10.
>>
>>36242850
if you eat a balanced diet you already have everything you need. whether an extra 200kcal comes from soda or something else won't change shit.
>>
>>36242850
You could eat cottage cheese, greek yogurt, leafy vegetables...
>>
File: 1457012079958.jpg (658 KB, 1948x1568) Image search: [Google]
1457012079958.jpg
658 KB, 1948x1568
>drink coke
>haha what could happen
>mfw i wake up like this the next day
>my friend had 3 cokes and died
>>
>>36242803
Really? For me the HFCS drinks are all metallic and leave a nasty sticky aftertaste. I can't even get through one glass.
>>
Glad I never had an addiction or craving to soda so it's extremely easy for me to cut it off. I'll have one once a month or so when I feel like it but overall stick to just water
>>
>>36242905
Made me chuckle thanks senpai
>>
>>36242803

HFCS is metabolically almost identical to table sugar. It's just a bit cheaper most of the time and doesn't taste quite as good
>>
>>36242918
Truth, BUT ADDICTING! That's why I compared it to meth.
>>
>>36242905

SODA: NOT EVEN ONCE
>>
>>36242881
Don't act like you know what a strawman is.
Not like you provided a point worthy of refutation, as if there was such thing in an anonymous imageboard, either.

>>36242727
Calling bullshit, trappy doesn't write like that.
>>
>>36242644

There's a difference between 200 calories of meat or wheat and 200 calories of sugar, man. Not only that, I doubt that Coca-Cola or other sugary drinks include the calories from added sugar, something that people have been trying to put on the bottle for years to make the nutrition facts more honest.

This is coming from a guy who drinks Double Gulps from 7-11. Soda'll fuck you up.
>>
>>36242962

>lookit this clown defending soda addiction!

Seems like a strawman to me, but maybe it's just your terrible writing style that isn't visible to anyone that doesn't have their head shoved up your ass with you.
>>
>>36242997
>can't believe caffeine and a sugar rush is addictive
>implying you know what the word addiction means
>>
>>36242997
Too bad I am not the person you were discussing with.
Strawman is a defect of formal argumentative logic. You are not engaged in one.
He pointed that people will go as far, in his view, as to defend something which is bad in common sense (completely valid in a would-be layman discussion since the side-effects are pretty much well known; the burden of proof is thus inverted on you, but we need not to get into that), and attributes it to addiction. Nothing more, nothing less. It is like shaking your head in disapproval.
You, on the other hand...
>And here comes cancer itself to prove my point. Thanks.
Were it a serious discussion, you have no real 'moral' ground to stand on. Unless I assumed wrongly that you are the person I quoted.
Also, in case you weren't aware, saying something is a fallacy without pointing out the error is a fallacy in itself.
But that is if you're to take 4chan as a serious discussion, which you shouldn't. Though then you'd have to give up on using smart names which you're not familiar with, and God forbid that happens!
>>
>>36242727
yeah no that's not you
>>
>>36242962
I'm a newfag, but doesn't trappy have a "Vh" something tripcode?
>>
>>36242701
People interpret it that way when talking to fatties about weight loss is because when they are starting out they cant be trusted to follow "drink it in moderation". To them moderation is 3,4 and 5 a day. It easier to get the message across and start them on the right path by saying "water only". There is no confusing that even to someone just starting.
>>
>>36243309
I personally believe we should stop trying to help fatties.

they'll eventually get too fat too quickly when there's no moral recoil about getting so fat your dick inverts then they'll stop breeding and we as a species will not have to worry about those who can't into how much they should eat.

>It's literally their genetics making them fat.
>>
>>36243238
I'm not browsing too much recently so I hardly see trappy after she started tripping, so I don't know. Sure as hell she does not write like that and have never seen her flaming, though.
>>
File: 1452336786736.jpg (160 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
1452336786736.jpg
160 KB, 600x709
for like last half a year 99% of things i drank were milk, tea w/o sugar and water
recently had a glass of cola, god, it was so sweet it was disgusting
don't drink the liquid joos
>>
>>36242872
>all carbs like grains or fruits are empty sugar shits with no nutritional value
m8, don't be dumb. You still get a small amount of vitamins, fiber and protein from those.
>>
>>36242727
32g on a can is about 3 cups of juice that you buy in a restaurant, so you are full of crap and dumb
>>
File: 1399670952566.gif (831 KB, 225x183) Image search: [Google]
1399670952566.gif
831 KB, 225x183
>>36242872
>>
>>36242727
Wrong tripcode nigga
>>
>>36243423
>her
>>
>>36242644
You're completely right.

It's true that you don't get anything nutritionally positive from it. You COULD have had 200 calories worth of extra chicken every day instead... But if you already meet your protein goal every day and get all of the other good stuff you should get each day. Then of course you can reserve 200 calories in your daily intake for a nice cold bottle of coke.

I do the same thing. Not every single day because I don't always want one. But when it's summer I do do this. For me personally, the enjoyment I get from the taste is worth it. It's a mood booster for me.

Everything to do with food is carefully calculated and focused on my gym life... So it's nice to have something purely for enjoyment on your lunch break or whenever else you just want to relax and feel normal for a few minutes.

Fuck all the people saying it's a waste and that you shouldn't drink it. The same people saying that have probably only been calculating their diets for a relatively short time anyway.

TL:DR coke tastes nice. Even on a cut. Don't listen to people asking if this is bait or not... Unless this is bait. In which case fuck you.
>>
>>36243700
Calling her the way she wants to be called, edgelord. My opinions on the matter are irrelevant.
It's respect. You should try it sometime.
>>
>>36242644
most people that drink pop drink more than that
also something something refined sugar something, supposedly
I know I had an insurance check-up last month and got asked if I have three glasses of pop a week or more because it impacts your health
>>36242996
added sugar?
>>
>>36242644
>why does sugar water get a bad rep on a fitness board
>>
>>36243619
Is this bait? You're seriously suggesting that juice is a healthy beverage?
>>
>2016
>not drinking Coke Zero with 0 calories

Holy shit what are you doing?
>>
File: fedora.jpg (56 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
56 KB, 500x351
>>36243898
>2016
>treating people humanely
>>
pepsi is better
>>
>>36242644
Because fat stupid Ameriburgers drink big gulps every day to show how free they are
>>
IIFYM its okay
if youre gonna drink it, have it with some protein after your workout
ultimately calories matter the most but on a cut each calorie becomes precious and you want to spend them on things that keep you full and help your macros
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.