[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arnold Strongfat Classic is this Weekend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 001 Thor sucks.jpg (2 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
001 Thor sucks.jpg
2 MB, 1632x1224
So who is fit's pick to win?

Its going to be either Eddie Hall or Brian Shaw

Z is getting to old and broken down

Fatthor roids will fail him yet again, roiding frauds never win in real sports. You can tell he was roiding because he was skinny lanklet before becoming a strongfat.

Hall, Z were both jacked before, and Brian shaw was a big fat farm kid - but they are naturally strong.

So of those 2, Hall and Shaw, who will be our natty champion?
>>
The mountain bearmode, and the most aesthetic one
>>
>>36240701
You honestly think that the other 180kg guys don't roid?
>>
>>36240701
It's not even tested, of course they're all juiced out of their tits.
>>
I don't care about who has taken the most steroids and therefore lifts the most weight. It's fucking gay. Those guys will crumble in their 40's and will be living the wheelchair life in their 50's.
>>
>>36240837
Lol Savickas is 40 and is still competing at the top level.
>>
>>36240837
What's gay about that?
>>
>>36240837

Don't be silly, they stay strong into their late 40's, and then just don't wake up one day.

Nick Best is heading down that road.
>>
File: Eddie Hall 463kg Deadlift.webm (2 MB, 667x600) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Hall 463kg Deadlift.webm
2 MB, 667x600
>>36240701
>>
>>36240837
Some of these guys compete well into their 40s, and have excellently conditioning and cardiovascular health for their size and weight. They can sprint holding more weight than your total.
>>
>>36240894
Get real. The retired guys coach, promote, and judge.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzWQWNpyQSE

Hafthor is quite the specimen.

Too bad he is terrible at static strength events like DL and OHP

His wiki even lists his mas bench at only 500 pounds, and he is like 420+ himself
>>
>>36240901
the man is a fucken monster
>>
>>36240837
Mark Felix is 50 and in the form of his life.
>>
>>36240932
>Too bad he is terrible at static strength events like DL
he literally pulled 450kg at Europe's last year
>>
>>36240949

He got a late start in the spot however.

He was a regular bodybuilder, take it easy type, until his late 30's.

Once you start strongfat you got maybe 15 years to live...

Unless you completely drop all your gains like Magnus Ver did.

He looks like a short fat old man now, with tits and everything.

Probably hangs out in the Jakabol locker room with his dick hanging all day out talking to all the guys who train there about his wife's cooking giving him gas, just not giving a fuck.
>>
>>36240975
>Unless you completely drop all your gains like Magnus Ver did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcbBCoEQ1a8
I'm sure there was a video of him pulling 300kg recently as well
>>
>>36240960

Yeah, and Eddie hall ALSO pulled 1033.

Face it, Hafthor is completely out classed in static Strength. His Log Press is what 379 pounds? He has to use the Slater log at the Arnold still.

Hafthor's 7'1" wingspan is just too long to be a good presser.

Shaw struggled with his press for years, as he has a 6'11" wingspan himself, and he is at least able to OHP 400+ now, after MANY years of hard work.

Hafthor is completely fucked here, too tall.

Eddie Hall is chasing big Z with an OHP well over 450 pounds (205kg) now.
>>
>>36241011
Ed nearly got the 220 log last year, he just lost balance. Considering he can't use his legs when he presses it's insane that he manages to lift that much. I couldn't see Z strict pressing a 220kg log to be honest.
>>
>>36241001

Nice knee wrap and no depths.

How would Elgyn Intesity count this?

Oh yeah... ZERO.

He's as unaesthetic as a 6'3" Mark Ripptits.

All the roids he took in his youth have caught up to him. He had 4 WSM wins back when the weights weren't as heavy, and he never won any Arnold Classics either.
>>
>>36241054
>he never won any Arnold Classics either
The Arnold Classic didn't even exist when he competed you retard
>>
>>36241050

Exactly. Eddie is THE static monster right now. With the weight of the impliments going up at the WSM too he stands much better chance to win there too.

I think there is a height limit on how big a strongman can be and still be successful.

Guys who are pushing close to 7ft like Hafthor are just getting too much range of motion.

Shaw is really too tall himself, and has only succeeded based on an ok DL and good dynamic strength and speed really.

Guys in the 6'3" range are tall enough to have good dynamic strength, but they don't pick up too much distance on the static. Best height for strength IMHO.

Zydrunas and Hall and even Kaz back in the day, all around 6'2"-6'3", thick bones, wide waist. That is the perfect height and structure to be ultra strong. Taller than that and it just fucks you in the end. Shorter than that and same thing.
>>
>>36241050
>couldn't see Z strict pressing a 220kg log to be honest.
I'm pretty sure I've seen him on youtube strict pressing around that.
>>
>>36241094
With a bar yeah, but a log is completely different. He's a better presser than Hall but I'm not sure he could match him without leg drive.
>>
>>36241054

Dude squats over 600 lbs at 52. That's pretty impressive.
>>
>>36241135

No he half squats ego weight with his knees wrapped up.

Take off the knee wraps and have him hit proper depth and he would be lucky to his a solid 400.

Not sure what everyone thinks these "muh Vikings" are that strong for.

Historically Vikings were NOT very big. Like 5'6" average height, and they dominated more through technology and quality smithing and long boats etc... Not physical power.

The "strength" champions these guy produce are from the use of hormones.

There was the Aesthetic John Paul Heart Explodisson. Magnus Ver Fatisson, Stefat Fati Peturfat, and lets not forget the tall skinny Baskball player who bulked himself in Halffat BjorntobeFat.

Vikings are NOT built for strength like Eastern Europeans. They don't come close to the power of guys like Zydrunas, Kirill or KK. Eastern European power!
>>
>>36241282

It looks like he breaks parallel on the first rep at least. Sure, they could be better, but even if he's squatting 400, that's still pretty good for a 52-year old.
>>
>>36241282
so now we get to the crux of your anti-every-nordic-strongman thing. you were born with the eternal butthurt of polish genes
>>
File: magnus_ver.jpg (119 KB, 707x397) Image search: [Google]
magnus_ver.jpg
119 KB, 707x397
>>36241282
Peestern Pooropean poofters on poopetually pooturbed and poorious pooicide watch
>>
>>36241282
>rant about vikings in the homo section of a taiwanese comic discussion forum
get a life m8
>>
This place is filled with Buthurt Nords who haven't produced a WSM winner in 15 years
>>
File: 14141563227342.jpg (170 KB, 1000x778) Image search: [Google]
14141563227342.jpg
170 KB, 1000x778
>>36241408
i see one butthurt polish OP and nobody else who gives a shit about the sub-race groupings of wsm winners
>>
>>36241408
Iceland has 8 titles with a population of 300,000, and Scandinavia as a whole has 13. That's more than the eastern ''European'' ''''countries'''' combined
>>
>>36241485

That was because no Eastern Europeans were being invited to the dance.

Not until Pudz and Z, who have together been the most dominant forces EVER in strongman history.

Send either of them back to an earlier time period and they would have crushed the competition hands down.

Enjoy your Nordic juiced up BASKETBALL players you call strong because they got big muscles and are good at throwing barrels like Donkey Kong.

Static on heavy barbells is what counts, and your tall Norid roiders cannot compete here.
>>
>>36241661
>Static on heavy barbells is what counts
:^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M13EBl_jF0
>>
>>36241054
That's proper powerlifting depth you twat
>>
>>36240932
Although he did log press 200kg, and I could see him pressing that 300lbs dumbbell aswell. He is getting much better really fast in static strenght.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cef9bKcixrU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTWk84kNHeA
>>
>>36242788
fucking hell, Thor is looking beastly.
>>
>>36240701
>25% bf

You pulled that straight from your ass, didn't you
>>
it's really sad to see Thor being in the game for 4 years now and never winning anything more than 2nd place in the big events (Arnolds, WSM). He just has to work on his static strength and then he'll kick everyones butt alongside with Eddie Hall. Strongman comps in 10 years will be Hafthor and Eddie stealing eachother first places, if they don't get badly injured.
>>
>>36243987
Unless Thor is one of those guys that never manages to get a WSM win. It happens to some great strongmen. Gerrit Badenhorst and Poundstone are probably the best examples
>>
>>36244467
Magnus Samuelson is another that comes to mind. He's tied with the most finals, 10, with big z and he was in the top three 5 times but won "only" once.
>>
>>36245677
I think the thing with Samuelson was a lack of consistency. He had a few events that he was guaranteed either to win or come second but a lot of events fucked him totally. When the event list worked for him he was podium material but if not he had no chance. IIRC he was never able to squat more than 220kg, but I could well be wrong on that
>>
>>36245813
His wikipedia says 375kg with wraps but I couldn't find any video of it so it might not be true. 220kg sounds very light, though.
>>
>>36240901
The way the bar tears into his right leg gets me so fucking hard
>>
>>36245891
That's a bit of an odd fetish you've got there bub
>>
>>36241282
Holy

Shit

Press

Enter

A

Few

More

Times
█▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀▀ █▀▀█ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█ █
>>
>>36240901
fuck yeah england has great strongmen
>>
>>36245880
what I read was bollocks then, fairs
>>
>>36245891
That's the pattern on his compression shorts, you idiot.
>>
>>36240901
>that form
Oh bby that's what I like to see
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.